1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source informed me That the rockets will sign Dmo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DMtheGM, Oct 17, 2016.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I love Dmo but he needs to sign. He'll get paid his money as long as he makes it out the season unscathed.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

J.R. likes this.
  3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

If we can get Dmo and bev back healthy then we can really do something special . It's not that those two are such great players ; but , they are undoubtably NBA caliber players if healthy and they each fit well with the personell and scheme .

We can manage minutes and withstand injury . I'm confident not becuase we beat the Knicks but because our chemistry seems like it's on a whole nother level this year .

I trust bev and Dmo to be great team players no matter what their role . It seems with the departure of Howard and thorton etc we are much more unselfish this year

4. bmd

bmd Member

We could really use D-Mo but we don't need him bad enough to overpay for him.

D-Mo really has no leverage. He just came off back surgery and needs to prove himself again to get the big contract he wants.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Definitely, those are too huge additions just waiting to be added to the team.

Maybe I'm too optimistic right now but this team can get homecourt in the first round. Harden is playing at that MVP level again. Most importantly...they are a fun team to watch. I know that last bit seems superficial but it will attract FAs if they are fun to watch and are winning at the same time.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yeah potentially we are both overly optimistic . But the chemistry seems to be there . And usually with adding players you fear messing not it up ; but bev and Dmo are generally thought of as excellent team guys and as we've seen during 14-15 can play really solid together .

Our potential I think is way up there . Defenses will adjust to harden , but d'antoni has more wrinkles to install . Having capable, smart players like Dmo and bev would be a huge get . Especially for depth purposes .

I don't want Gordon Anderson or nene to miss time , but history says the probably will . Having other options can limit their minutes and prevent them from getting hurt in the first place .

Dmo has gotta get here soon tho . Otherwise it's gonna be difficult for him to find minutes even in the event of injury . Ariza , Dekker , and KJ can all be used at the 4 and d'antoni likes to play small . Dekker and KJ are playing solid right now .

Bev I'm less worried about since guard is a thinner position and he had a full camp

roslolian and JayGoogle like this.
  7. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

We need Bev and DMo

Bev, Harden and Gordon make up one of the 3 guard rotations in the league. Anderson, DMO, Nene and Capela make for a solid front court with lots of variety.

8. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yeah and you have Dekker KJ as upcoming wings. With a little harrel and Brewer as victory cigars

9. BackdoorHarden

Can you change your subject line to

"
    Sauces informed me That the rockets will sign Dmo"[​IMG]

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He is the best PnR big on the team - he will be a big hit here once he signs....and if he stays healthy he will make a lot more money next year.

Should just sign.

DD

11. BackdoorHarden

Dude, you're almost at 100,000 posts!! Keep going tonight and you'll make it 100,000 posts!

12. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I like you, DD. I know I ride you, but I like you. This is why I ride you though. For someone that acts like he knows and awful lot for sure, you are so off and so wrong so often. And now you'll predictably call me a Morey-can-do-no-wrong guy because we're friends when I've openly admired him and favored keeping him for more years before I met him than after.

Yeah, Morey definitely should have been fired for assembling a team that beat all odds and injuries to make it to the WCF. Because GM's that make it to the conference finals are a dime a dozen, right? What has he done for you lately? Besides responding to one bad year of very bad chemistry by rebuilding the team into one that has better chemistry than I've seen since Hakeem's days, I mean. Surely he should do more! It's been 10 years! You're right. It has. And his record over those ten years has been successful far more often than not.

You didn't predict last year. Nobody did. Stop acting like you knew better. You didn't.

Your Morey posts are seriously the worst. Even when you're trying to compliment him you display fundamental misunderstandings of what's gone before and where we're at at any present moment. Amazingly, for someone that posts about 20 times a day in a fan site, you are the picture of a fair-weather fan.

larsv8 and D-rock like this.
  13. DaDakota

BMJ,

I am sorry, I said when Morey hired McHale that it was the worst coaching choice in Rockets history and that his legacy will be tied to McHale, when the team stopped listening to McHale that was 100% on Morey and the org.

If I was the owner (And I am not) I would have fired him - that is the nature of the beast - I understand Les wanted to keep him, and I am behind him - but I don't believe Morey is the best TEAM BUILDING GM - I think he is a great stats and numbers guy, and a pretty poor chemistry guy.

To me, a good GM needs to know how pieces fit on the floor with their star player - that to me is the missing element with Morey, I admire his horse trading, but I do think he plays hardball with RFA too much and it costs us....

We have let go of some good players over the years for cheaper ones....Parsons is better than Ariza - we lost Dragic and Lowry - so many good players that would HELP this team or are better than what we have at that position.

Anyway, believe it or not, I admire Morey - I am just not convinced he is able to build a true contender.

And I am fine if you disagree - or anyone does, we don't all have to agree - I do believe that Les is a cheap assed owner in fact, I know he is....but again, we don't have to agree on everything.

DD

14. JJWhat?

JJWhat? Member

It's so awkward when DMo retweets/likes (what is twitterbook?) Rockets players tweets after won games. He's treating this like he's under contract and doesn't play because he's injured or something. Don't recall other players in their prime, who are without contract, acting like they're still on the team. Cringe worthy

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

What did he retweet and like?

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Why - - why is it cringe worthy? To me it's a positive sign to his brother players with whom he expects to lace'm up in the future.

Snow Villiers likes this.
  17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

His last 2 likes were tweets from Nene and Joel Blank. Nene tweeted "Great Win" and Joel Blank tweeted "Kevin McHale gave Dmo huge props".

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

DM the GM hired KMc? IIRC the same guy who hired MDA hired KMc. 'Fired' RA and JVG (after hiring JVG to the dismissal of Rudy T). It is Owner Alexander who is the coach hirer, the coach killer. DM the GM does his bidding on the coaches. That is how it is done in RocketLand.

DM the GM doesn't mess with the successful group that ran into the DubsBuzzSaw in June '15 and he is a people person, after all. Then the two stars fall out of alignment dragging the team into the morass (play with that word in this context, sportsfans) and DM the GM is chemistry-blind.

Parsons > Ariza. But, TA is the swiss army knife of the team. Guards whoever needs to be guarded. Goes about his biz in a 100% professional manner. Can get hot from trey but otherwise tres worthless on O. And yet is one of the NBA's best $-for-$ guys. Don't knock Ariza to me. I respect the hey outta the man.

Yeah, yeah, Dragic was bad but Lowry wrote his ticket out. (BTW - - how happy was GD here? When is GD happy anywhere?)

Finally, DM the GM has had orders to compete, not break-it-up and restart the whole thing. Again, that is Owner Alexander.

Breaking it all up was my 'dream' scenario for last summer. Finish 9th. Gimme Russell and Simmons and sorry to see the Beard go. Keep DMo and Capella. Maybe Bev. Get (just about) everyone else turned into young comers and/or draft picks. Spend FA $ on the young studs (who got megabucks, didn't they?!!). SammieH, I hear you! Instead? OA insists on MDA, Harden may well be in MVP discussions this spring, the team is fun to watch, and just might fool some folks by SecondSeason'sStart. And ironically DM the GM could get exec-of-the-year as a result.

19. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

Dmo was just seen getting off a plane recently!

20. DaDakota

[​IMG]

DD