1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source informed me That the rockets will sign Dmo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DMtheGM, Oct 17, 2016.

1. opticon

opticon Member

its laughable to call Chandler Parsons healthier than any one. However if Morey would not match Chandlers three year max he damn sure won't do it for DMO.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope they do offer him something just to end this.

DMtheGM likes this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yeah, something that pushes this along would be good.

I think that might make him pause, but I do think Morey would match that...yes.

DD

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

We did offer him something. He just didn't take it. He thinks he's worth something, while no one else seems to.

5. DMtheGM

DMtheGM Member

I agree. But hopefully it's not an insane number so we should match

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully someone offers more. 8 million a year for two years sounds good to me.

7. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

sawce of a sawce informed me that the sawce on dmo is plagued by multiple sawces. cans confirmed.

8. malakas

malakas Member

Catching up on this thread, I notice that there are already many posters who are too aggresive towards DMO. Imagine how the forum and threads like this will be like if/when Anderson/Nene/Capela gets injured.

This is Smitty. (The realgm mod who has become an insider). But this is pure speculation on his part as he says.

I don't believe it and I doubt that DMO even signs for the 7.1 they have available. More likely that they do a follow up Roberson trade imo.

9. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Purely speculating, I think we'd probably do that if the second year was a team option. And maybe the Rockets would offer incentives or go higher in the second year, again at our option.

We're invested in D-Mo. I think BJ has made a botch of the situation but it's business and I hope he will be back and that he'll be healthy and really contribute.

I don't see any reason to buy into the idea that there's bad blood. In case I've given the wrong impression, over the course of my just plain not understanding what he/his agent could be thinking, I've always been a D-Mo fan.

I want him to have a great career and I want him to have it here.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Well, we'll see, in the end i just want D.Mo on the team as soon as possible.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It's obvious Mike Anthony thinks highly of DMo going by what he said so far regarding DMo. It's also obvious that Maury values DMo going by his interviews of the past. To what extent Murray values DMo following the rescinded trade and back issues remains to be seen.

But fact is Rockets could do with DMo and DMo could do with the Rockets. Just get this done ASAP

12. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

4 games in is enough to make me change my tune, lol.

Morey, offer DMo something that is over FMV please, but gets him signed. You (DM) can't possibly think this is going to work with Andersen/Dekker at the 4, and no trade bait.

13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

A Dmo contract that is guaranteed in the second year is the difference between going into the offseason with the ability to free up max cap space and not.

Dmo might be worth a win or two, but a win or two doesn't do much for this squad.

Don't see them getting anything done.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I don't care about CAP room, Cap room has never won a game EVER......we need to stop kicking that can and start building a team.

Morey has had more than 10 years, this is his team, 100% top to bottom, he is the one that paid Anderson 20m - he is the one that paid Brewer 8m - we have to take a stand sometime.

Playing the max cap room game has gotten us zilch.....

DD

15. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

We need another guy who can score and move the ball. There are times where the offense just sputters out when Harden is on the bench.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Well, you should care about cap room, because the max cap room game applies to all teams, including the ones that win rings. The Warriors, Spurs, Heat, etc. all assembled their team because they had cap room.

You're argument is about the guy in charge of using that cap room. And that's increasingly becoming a better and better argument - although I think culprit #1 HAS TO BE the guy who owns the organization.

I think it would be fair to both parties to offer DMo a meaningful chunk of change for 1 year, with a second year team option that is the standard raise on that. He gets paid, Rockets maintain cap flexibility, and have an asset of value to use in trade if so needed.

Win-win.

17. larsv8

Cap room got us Dwight Howard and a trip to the WCF, so yea, that is an incorrect statement.

"Building a team" is easy.

Building an elite team is much much harder.

You don't shoot yourself in the foot by signing mediocre players like Dmo, and removing yourself from free agency. Its bad management.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

If they really cared about cap room, they wouldn't have wasted 20 mil a year on Ryan Anderson. At this point, they need to use the rest of that cap room just to try and salvage the season.

19. larsv8

Anderson contract does not prevent us from having the flexibility to go after a max player. Signing Dmo, would. Simple as that.

The season doesn't need to be "salvaged", this team is what it is, with or without Dmo.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So throwing 20 mil a year at what should be a bench player doesn't hamper cap space, but filling out the roster would. Brilliant. Well done.