1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source informed me That the rockets will sign Dmo

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DMtheGM, Oct 17, 2016.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

So when is the deadline to denounce OP as a fakesider with no sauces?

He can join the likes of Drew, _holic, Roe4Christ, Shaun11, Progs etc as wanna be insiders.

2. DMtheGM

DMtheGM Member

Thanks Snow Villiers!

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I honestly think he heard something that was more of a prediction by a source (or the plan), and misunderstood the source to think it was a break in the story.

In other words, comment might have been more appropriately stated as "Source tells me Morey's offer is $4.4m and he isn't budging. Hopes DMo will eventually sign that."

4. DMtheGM

DMtheGM Member

Just because your weather app says it's going to rain doesn't mean it always happens. I informed my fellow fans about exciting news that I was told because I would've wanted them to do the same for me. My source said it will happen. That doesn't mean a million things didnt change from then till now. Obviously I hope it happens. We'll see

5. DMtheGM

DMtheGM Member

Thanks for the benefit of the doubt, but I told y'all what I was told and understood. Maybe my source meant it differently than how he said it. Rather than how I posted it. But what I posted was what I heard.

#345 DMtheGM, Oct 25, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
    pugsly8422 likes this.
  6. topfive

topfive CF OG

Don't overlook the possibility Codtease* added "Brotherly" to get us off the scent of the other often-mentioned Love, Kevin.

* :)

7. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

I need more sauces for my meal.

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I just saw online he signed $6.2 million.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

10. johnnydeezy1

johnnydeezy1 Member

op gets way too much hate and his response was spot on. Look people who hear things and tell their fellow clutch fans community are appreciated by most. Whether these things come to fruition or not the important thing is it brings excitement to the forum and I for one love speculating on possible trades and signings. The fakers get found out anyways, so if someone hears something and let's us all know I for one think they shouldn't get the hate they get.

DMtheGM and Mazulis like this.
  11. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I think you can put 2 and 2 together as a half intelligent fan and say that the OP could have "heard something" or have used logic reasoning to suggest the Rockets were just looking to put together a mid level short term contract offer, and D-Mo is still holding out for a more long term deal. Whether OP is verified or not doesn't really matter... logic reasoning suggests that he was close to being right that a one year deal between 4 and 6 million is PROBABLY what he's looking at regardless at this point.

If I wanted to try and boost my insider status I would "proclaim" that my source told me the Rockets will sign D-Mo on November 14th.

Because logic and reasoning tells me that since Nov 15th is the first payday of the NBA cycle, D-Mo will be operating in these negotiations to NOT miss a paycheck (just like the rest of us hard working folk). Its a good guess and if I'm right than I get to claim to be an insider when really I was just taking a safe bet.

At the same time someone like the OP could very well hear from a legit source that on Nov 13th the Rockets are signed D-Mo. If the OP doesn't say anything for fear of being called a fake insider for claiming insider info that is very logical to start with, that is a shame. However most folks here that share inside info seem to get treated pretty well and that's good. But a big thing I see is how they handle how their inside info should be appreciated by the masses.

Case in point... Jopat. Nobody gives a crap about being cordial to him when he shares his latest Ricky Rubio "insider" guesses because of his attitude.

On the other hand there is Plowman... maybe my fav insider... He's never been right about a thing that I can think of, but a little fun 80's pop reference and sense of humor goes a long way in my book. Together we Plow.

Cheers everyone.... Insider or Finsider

Mazulis likes this.
  12. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

Just because somebody have reliable Souces, and I don't , this is why I'am here. So speakup, at least you know that one guy (myself) will never blame you for wrong rumors. We all need souces even with our meal;).

DMtheGM likes this.
  13. DMtheGM

DMtheGM Member

Thanks johnnydeezy1! I appreciate it.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I said it earlier in this thread, there was no truth to the rumor to begin with. If they had agreed on an amount and number of years, it would have been signed already as we were getting close to the season.

I think OP is relaying what someone told him, but the person who told him lied.

15. Play07

Play07 Member

can DMO still sign ??

wouldn't that be awkward, him skipping camp coming in later ?

16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I heard something recently and figure I should share: DMo is anxious to get back on the court. Wants to sign with Rockets but hesitant to take the 2 year contract Marry is offering, where the 2nd year isn't guaranteed.

pippendagimp and Snow Villiers like this.
  17. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

IF Dmo returns who goes?

My vote is Harrell. Well, it's Brewer but you know...

18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Wiltjer I would think. Though how Bobby Brown is still on this roster I have no idea. I guess he's playing Farnsworth Bentley to Harden's Diddy, so watch out for an umbrella tonight when he strolls on out to the court tonight.

19. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Thanks for the update. I hope he hurries up and sign. We're gonna need him against the good teams.

20. opticon

opticon Member

Missing game checks and watching your team play with out you is nasty combo.

There is no shame in giving in Dmo.