1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: If Twin Towers don't work, Rockets may look at LaMarcus Aldridge

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Casspi and Lin are great coming off the bench. Lets keep it that way.

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

I don't think Morey is really calling the shots anymore. I know he was joking when he referred to himself as "Assistant GM" after the Rockets signed Howard, but there is some truth to it.

If Howard and Harden decide that a change is needed, then Morey's going to "lay out the options" to them....i.e. give them the pluses and minuses of any potential deal.

3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Which is why I bring up the question.... at what point, or have the agents already gotten involved to try and broker this deal?

Right now, I dont think so because we would see articles come out that talk about the potential of making this deal. Agents leak rumors for alot of reasons, and we would hear more about this if it was already happening.

However, dont forget that Howard's agent is Dan Fegan and is known as one of the better power agents in the league. Not only would it serve Howard well for him to get closer to winning championships, it would also serve Fegan well if Chandler Parsons is the starting SF on a championship team.

If LMA's agent joined forces and started making calls around the league, you'd have to think that they could make leeway. Morey might be a very patient GM, but Howard and his people might feel a little more pressure to get a deal done for a 3rd star ASAP. If Fegan and his people can broker a deal, you'd have to think that Morey would be all ears.

4. AXG

AXG Member

There will likely be a third team involved, but I say go for it. The Rockets would have a scary trio

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Basketball reference differs from your data. Please specify link.

3 games? Even you have stated that sample sizes are very small this early in the season. His career shows him to be a guy that doesn't rebound well, scores a little, and provides enough defense that he is an okay center. Okay center does not equal set.

6. SunsRocketsfan

it works out perfectly.. go to ESPN's trade machine and put it in. Trade works.. makes sense for both teams too

7. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Good to see Cyberx again. A CF legend.

Aldridge would be deadly on the rockets. The twin towers are not working well so far, we need a good PF.

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

9. SunsRocketsfan

wow.. are you serious? here is another example of clutchfans over valuing our players.. i like bev for his energy and all but let's call a spade a spade. . he's a mediocore pg that can be disruptive at times but that's it.. we are talking about a player that averaged single digit pts and assits and will most likely be a role player the rest of his career. Players who are undrafted just don't suddenly become stars in this league.

Asik is the real value for portaland in this trade but he's completely redundant with Dwight. Dmo/TJones just suck. . This trade would absolutely be a steal for the Rockets if portland would bite on it

ESPN's trade machine/hollinger's projections also thinks so :) +4 wins for rockets -13 for blazers

LMA has shown interest he wants to play back in texas where he was born and grew up. He's a young proven legit all start in his prime at age 28.

We would instantly become contenders with our own big 3 of Harden, Howard, Aldridge which can rival the Heats big 3. You do this trade 100% of the time.

10. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I've tweeted bimathug just to get some numbers,but a cheaper option might be channing frye. He makes 6.4 this season and 6.5m next. He's a legit 7 ft er,he actually have a decent post game and he's a 3pt shooter. Maybe asik and d-mo or for frye and a player might work.

11. SunsRocketsfan

also what makes you think Bev and Asik will not leave in two years? if we are contenders trust me LMA is not going to leave. .plus again the texas connection will make him want to stay. i recall him stating he would like to play in texas again some day somewhere.

12. Rocket_Man_2.0

I'd do Parsons for Aldridge in a nanosecond:eek:...Garcia/Casspi can fill his role.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

If you are going to trade for Frye you might as well trade for Ryan Anderson since they essentially do the same thing for you, but Anderson is much more efficient at it, and well worth the extra few million.

He essentially gives you the same defensive & rebounding ability but shoots the 3 at a much better rating-

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/f/fryech01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/anderry01.html

If that deal is already on the table as rumored you take that all day every day over Frye and Phoenix unless they are giving you a very good pick or picks as well.

If you are wanting to go a bit cheaper than Anderson than Spencer Hawes should be your higher target since he is a free agent this Summer, and is a much better defensive center if his minutes are staggered with Howard's for stretches.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

Interesting. And the acquisition of Batum actually makes Parsons' expendable as well. Lots of options there.

16. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I believe Morey is bluffing when he says he believes in the twin towers lineup. I am certain Morey is planning to trade Asik because - as well as Asik might play next to Howard - he knows that the right PF would improve us even more than having our best player play out of position.

I don't think we have what it takes to get Aldridge, especially since they don't have a scorer at PF. OTOH, Asik, Parsons, Jones and a pick may entice Portland if it happens that what other teams are offering is not what we expected.

17. Rocket_Man_2.0

18. cn0gd

cn0gd Member

he is 28 already and will soon go downhill. if not Kevin Love, dont pull it.

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

20. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

You are correct about sample size. I am so sick of modeling 2012-2013 data I could just puke. But this seasons player performance will color teams perception of that player. At this exact moment I do not see why Portland would give up on Lopez and create themselves a huge hole at power forward.