1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: If Twin Towers don't work, Rockets may look at LaMarcus Aldridge

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 5, 2013.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Cyberx, any word on how Dwight is feeling here?

2. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Actually yes I would be incredibly surprised. Well, maybe not by Morey working the phones, but by Portland even fielding a call about trading LMA. But come to think about it, I would be incredibly surprised that Morey would even be working the phones for any player this far in front of the trade deadline. At this point of the season if a team wants any player they will have to pay through the nose. In blood. Not Morey's modus operandi.

3. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I just don't know how willing Portland would be to give up LMA. As much as I'd love him here, I don't know if getting rid of Parsons to get LMA would be the right move considering he was a HUGE part of getting Howard here.

4. cyberx

cyberx Member

Happy as can be, it definitely shows.

If Dwight can prove that his health issues are far behind him, we will see them dangling Asik for a missing piece.

5. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

We have Casspi!

6. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Aldridge can't be the only one Houston is looking at. Is anybody else being considered? What would it take for Portland to give him up?

7. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Portland isn't going to trade LMA to Houston. Simply not going to happen. If it does I'll be shocked

1 person likes this.
  8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

It really comes down to team performance this year.

As much as hate to do it, we really should be pushing for Dallas, LA and Denver to make the playoffs so Minny/Portland get pressure from LMA/Love.

9. izeroi

izeroi Member

Can't see it happening but I've come to learn anything can happen in this league.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Robin Lopez does not make a team set at center. That said, I see no reason for them to trade Aldridge for Asik.

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Aldridge & Batum

for

Asik, Parsons, D-mo or Jones (which ever one Portland values more) and 1st rd pick

D-12
    Aldridge
    Batum
    Harden
    Beverly

Im dreaming here :cool:

13. Play07

Play07 Member

I would be pissed if i was blazers fan if we let LMA go for asik

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

CyberX, how hungover was James Harden for the game yesterday?

15. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Lopez has an Offrtg of 118.8 and a Defrtg of 108.8. His Netrtg is by far and away the highest on the team. I think at this point in the season they view themselves as set at center. The fit seems to be excellent.

16. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

It usually takes the trade deadline for a team to execute a trade. However, trade talks take a long time to develop. As the trade deadline is only a few months away, the Rockets are already most likely in trade conversations.

17. rocketblood713

He already made comments about being happy in Portland lol I don't Blazers aint going to do it

18. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

You do realize that sometimes it takes months to sometimes years(Kevin Martin to Hou & Bogut to GS) to get deals done right?

More than likely if Morey is working the phones he isn't calling Portland, he's calling other teams to work 3 & 4 team deals to get more attractive assets to Oshley. That's why you would hear about activity coming from Houston in the first place.... you sure as hell wouldn't hear it coming from Portland. Last thing they want is to ALREADY let their fan-base know that they are throwing in the towel again this year a week into the season.

More than likely either Morey is looking at the Feb deadline as the peak market period for an Asik trade. Going into this Summer if the deadline is missed you diminish your market by bad teams that think he might leave in a year for free agency, and cheap owners that dont want to pay the 15 million for one year.

If you are going to miss the Feb trade deadline, you might just as well keep him for the rest of his contract, and let him walk in free agency. At that point his value moves more into a short term rental/expiring contract than it does an actual franchise center to alot of teams.

If Morey is going to cast his net, and see if he can get the best deal possible in February, it makes sense that he would start conversations ASAP, but try as hard as you can to keep talks under wraps. The larger the funnel, the more deals you will have to choose from in the end. Nothing wrong with doing his due diligence sooner rather than later. Doesn't mean a deal is going to happen tonight.

#98 dobro1229, Nov 5, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  19. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

Very, very unhappy

[​IMG]

20. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Isn't Morey on record saying (Per sources) that LMA is choice #1.. not really news, but I guess we can speculate.

Portland won't do any deal like that. I can see us getting Batum though. Stretching Parson to the 4.