1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: If Twin Towers don't work, Rockets may look at LaMarcus Aldridge

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 5, 2013.

1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

LMA can hop on the team plane after tonight's game

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Thanks cyberx. I dont remember where it came from (I think it was a Feigan tweet), but there were rumors this Summer that the Rockets had conversations about Aldridge, but the Robin Lopez trade came around and stunted Portland's interest in making a deal.

Also another poster on here(can't remember his screen name) that claimed to work for the Rockets also said that Aldridge was the main target for Morey but Portland doesn't want any of the Rockets assets, and the Ryan Anderson deal was there for the taking if they wanted it.

So my main question is-

Does Aldridge & his agent have enough pull to get a deal done, and would Fegan ( I know he's not Aldridge's agent) help facilitate in order to help his clients Dwight and Parsons a better team to contend?

The reason I bring this up is the Dwight to Brooklyn situation. It was obvious to me that this trade (that thankfully never happened) was very agent driven. Obviously the Rockets would move the needle significantly with an Aldridge trade, and nobody has more to gain than Dwight himself. Would multiple agents and power brokers get involved here to facilitate this deal if they aren't already.... and do you think Morey even needs help to entice Portland???

3. cardpire

cardpire Member

Ha. He's going to make Dwight even further irrelevant offensively.

Paying him $22MM/year to play some defense. Probably not the best way of allocating money in the world, but, I guess time will tell.

4. cyberx

cyberx Member

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

What is his shooting percentage?

6. bmd

bmd Member

I don't want Parsons to go :(

Would be bittersweet if the Rockets got LMA.

7. Pumpedupkicks

Pumpedupkicks Member

Oh, wow.

Doesn't Portland already have one of the Lopez twins? If it happens, I can see a 3 way team trade that ships Lopez out of Portland. I'm gonna guess that Morey also tries to unload Lin somehow if Beverley does well in his return.

8. ragingryno

ragingryno Member

It could work

Asik Lin and Dmo to portland
    LMA Lopez to rox.

Works in trade machine. Gives portland the big 5 they could use plus a backup to liliard with Lin. We get backup in lopez and they get dmo to play the 4.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

So did Scola, and Yao & Hakeem used that shot regularly as well.

The fact is Morey likes efficient shots. If you hit the 18 footer efficiently, he wants you taking that shot. If you hit around the same percentage from 3 as you do from the 18 foot range.... take the 3, and create more space for drivers.

The fact is Aldridge can space the floor very well, AND can be a primary post options when Dwight isn't on the floor. Aldridge would make this team absolutely deadly on both ends.

10. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

I would actually say if we do acquire LMA, the Rockets talents would cover far more ground than the Miami big 3.

Dwight is a dominant defender and rebounder, and would draw a lot of fouls.

LMA is a very good mid range player with a very solid back to the basket game.

Harden is a dangerous perimeter and dribble penetration threat.

The greatest strengths of each player do not overlap.

11. cyberx

cyberx Member

D-Mo is seen as a disappointment around the league... Not many are high on him as they once were.

12. bmd

bmd Member

Hope not. Lin is ballin right now. Way better than last year.

13. Play07

Play07 Member

That was his goal of benching him hope bev. can be ok with he starters so when they have to trade lin the team doesn’t lose chemistry

14. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Definitely. This is the most critical pre-trade deadline watch for Rockets fans -- which team ends up severely disappointing? Minnesota has gotten out of the gate strong, but from top down, you're hoping/wishing to see Minnesota, Portland, maybe the LA Lakers and Atlanta disappoint.

It wasn't from Jonathan. It was from here.

1 person likes this.
  15. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

What about Jones?

16. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

That's too bad. We're going to need to give him some more PT to increase his value at some point..

Anything on what they think of the Twin Towers, now that they have actually played together?

18. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

How about Terrance Jones? I have to assume the same. They should be hitting their stride this year, and it's telling that neither of them are playing significant minutes. I appreciate Morey swinging hard on those picks (including Royce White), but man, if only they'd have worked out. If they had all worked out, this would be quite the dynasty.

19. cardpire

cardpire Member

Asik is a dominant defender and rebounder too, and a crapload cheaper.

20. rocketman94

rocketman94 Member

I think this has been a rumor all summer. the question is why would Portland do it.