1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: If Twin Towers don't work, Rockets may look at LaMarcus Aldridge

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Chicago's best offer would be Deng (expiring), Mirotic, the Bobcats pick, their pick

But they'd most likely want it to be Boozer, not Deng, however I'm not sure Portland would want Boozer (Boozer has no third team value, Deng has a little, and Deng is at least expiring).

The one advantage Asik has is, what can Asik then raise from a third team, like if a third team is willing to give some picks/youth etc and a so so player up they could get a lot of things (like the Gortat Okafor trade).

2. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

If we are trading Howard, it will be for Kevin Love, not LMA. But what's the point of trading a superstar for another superstar?

2014: Howard Love Harden
    Work your magic, Morey!

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Even if a third team is involved we can't turn Asik into a superstar and we have no other tradable assets. Bev and Parsons are the only other thing teams would want and that would just leave us with a gap elsewhere in our roster. We can't trade our pick, not that it would be worth much and dmo and tjones have zero value.

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

No idea why you think we can't trade our pick, and the only reason Portland, Atlanta etc will trade Aldridge, Horford etc is because they've decided they want to cash in and lose, that's always about a plethora of assets and a worse team.

A good example is Atlanta, you could probably get Millsap, their first and something else minor because their other alternative is to trade away Horford (the least desirable option), now you find someone who wants a Millsap and is willing to give up a bad contract, an underutilized player and their pick and you end up in a trade very similar to what Dwight's looked like.

This all depends on what the teams want, Allen may well want to ride a 7th-9th place team for the next 2 years, and if that's the case, he's not going anywhere

#324 Aleron, Nov 7, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  5. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Nows the time to get LMA IMO because it looks like we can't guard the 4's that takes jump shots

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

What are we going to do about all of the guards that take jump shots? We cant seem to guard them either.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

We can't seem to guard "the jumpshot", period.

Other teams guard free-throws better than we guard jump shots.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

well I guess the Rockets are just going to have to settle for Lamarcus Aldridge

9. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

play some better Defense

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

this needs to happen asap. LMA fills every damn hole this team has (no perverted comments please)

11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

LMA can fill my hole.

In all seriousness. Twin towers SUCKS. We need a legitimate stretch 4 that has some semblance of a post up game.

12. dje243

dje243 Member

I'm an advocate of TT in certain situations and for certain matchups. But ultimately it has SCREWED them like 3 times now. Too little energy on defense in the first quarter/half and no real movement on offense. Coaching staff can't keep doing that. It's gotta stop.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have sait it all along it won't work, never will with two players as limited as Howard and Asik.

NEVER NEVER NEVER !

DD

14. omgTHEpotential

The general idea behind Twin Towers is pretty. Not a very practical one though.

15. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

LMA is 6'11'' that would be a nasty front court.. LMA midrange is about as consistent as it gets, hes the perfect fit. if we have to give up parsons to get him then pull the trigger.. would also take pressure of harden to score so much.

16. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

There is a really good reason why only Ralph/Hakeem and Bynum/Gasol have been able to run the twin towers before.

Honestly, I think Morey & McHale actually hurt the Rockets bargaining position in an Asik trade because now GM's know for a fact that its not going to work out. They could have just brought Asik off the bench and used him in situationals WHEN THEY ALREADY HAD BIG LEADS, but no, they wanted to get crazy with it. Bad, bad move.

I bet every GM in the league is calling Morey tonight offering him their worst contracts for Asik knowing they HAVE TO move him now. Should have sold a role to him that know would have worked.

17. houtown

houtown Member

I actually think Omer and Howard works fine in a slower, more structured paced offense and defense. In the 1st quarter of games they seem to be lost, but coming out of halftime they seem to work together fine defensively.

18. afk

afk Member

The general idea behind the Twin Tower was merely a polite gesture to Asik. I've read that Asik was pleased that McHale was doing everything to make the Twin Tower/Asik as a starter work. I believe the reason why it's still ongoing is more of reason to convince Asik that it doesn't work and that for majority of his time as a Rocket, he HAS to play back-up to Howard.

Regardless, this will only end up in one direction: Asik will eventually be traded.

19. amak316

amak316 Member

I think its a myth that Harden is feeling pressured to score. I think he is just a bit of a ballhog. Something about playing 3rd fiddle in OKC and getting showed the door made him feel like he needs to play iso ball and be "the man."

I think even if we get LMA it won't make much of a difference because James will only give him 6 shots/game, and they'll prob come out of someone elses share. If we want to be elite Harden has to share more, Howard should average 15-20 shots per game, until that happens we don't need any more all star players since there's only one basketball and the guy who has the highest usage % doesn't want to share.