1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: If Twin Towers don't work, Rockets may look at LaMarcus Aldridge

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Nov 5, 2013.

1. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

This is absolutely pitiful people. Give it up noobs. Never gonna happen.

2. quatin

quatin Member

Portland doesn't want Lin. The only reason the Rockets want to get rid of Asik is because $8million is too hefty for a back up center, but you guys expect Portland to pay $8million for a back up PG?

3. d12babymamas

d12babymamas Member

portland will not trade him in a million years

4. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Some of you guys are ridiculous with your trades.

5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

The Rockets don't want to get rid of Asik.

6. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

TT is working

7. Baruch

Baruch Member

Didn't the poster I quoted mentioned it's the 8-mkllion guy plus filler?
    And it may not be a two-party grade.

Don't you trust in Morey? :grin:
    He can get Harden by sending OKC Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and draft picks.

8. Baruch

Baruch Member

Fixed.

9. Raven

Raven Member

Not to be snarky, but duh. Yeah, of course the Rockets would want LMA. So would every other NBA team w/o an all star power forward. But Portland won't trade him unless he makes a scene or if they are certain he won't re-up, but they won't have to cross that bridge for another year.

With that out of the way, Asik and Parsons for LMA and Meyers Leonard is approved by the NBA trade machine.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

Portland won't do this unless we give them like 2 first rounders and Beverley to go along with Asik.

It's just not worth it. LMA isn't that good. He's a mediocre defender, a decent but not great rebounder, and his entire offensive game is based on a shot the Rockets hate, the mid-range contested jumper.

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The general feel I've gotten from Portland is that Paul Allen will ride him until the end of his contract (I've always got the Seahawks syndrome....). Their GM even said he wanted to go into rebuild mode but isn't allowed a few weeks ago.

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i prefer horford, who's a better rebounder and interior defender, and is probably slightly more attainable

13. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

its funny as much as i want LMA i wouldnt ever trade him if it cost us multiple first round

14. hubeijames

hubeijames Member

The biggest problem with getting Aldridge/Horford isn't that they aren't going to become available...it's that other teams like Chicago have more valuable trade pieces to offer for a team that wants to blow up and rebuild.

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Chicago is the only one

16. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

From what I saw tonight and the way Asik destroyed him in the 3rd, the price to get this guy is to much. We might have to take a bad contract or two and give two of our future 1st pick along with Asik and Parsons to get him. Is he really worth that much?.

I honestly believe this twin tower thing will work in the long run. It's built for the sloggfest that is the playoffs where teams intensity raises and numbers of more missed shots are missed. You will need two bigs who can control the key and rebound.

Asik last night showed he is starting to get more familiar. He was making a lot more give and go passes with lin which resulted in a dunk and one where he made a cut and lin found him which almost resulted in a 3 point play.

He also had the one hand sweet layup. He is slowly getting into match shape and getting adjusted to Dwight.This was allways going to take a few months considering he had no training camp.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's Millsap or Horford or both in case the Hawks go down rebuilding.

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

you would need big salary players to get it done

19. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Asik and Howard are perfect together, we always have one of them on the court it is great, Aldridge didn't like Asik guarding him today

20. basketballholic

What a difference the right match ups make. Asik did take out LaMarcus in the third. He used his length and quick feet to body up LaMarcus and then when LaMarcus tried to take him off the dribble, Asik was there to change the shot.

I'm not against trading Asik. But it has to be the right deal. Right now I don't know if LaMarcus is the right deal. That fadeaway jumper he shoots after dribbling and bumping...looks great but it just doesn't go down enough. Would he be willing to give that up playing here and only shoot the open jumper or move the basketball? And if he would...how much better does he make us?

Last night's game was dominated by Dwight's touches. Casspi gave us efficiency at the 4, knocking down a couple shots, playing scrappy D, and running the floor. You do realize he's a huge chemistry fit on this team? For the minimum?

Perhaps if LaMarcus came here, he'd change up his game playing the 4 and spread it out, move the ball, etc., and not dominate the ball with dribbles and post-ups. His post-up game would be nice ..... on the second unit. And perhaps his defense is good enough to backup Dwight. I just don't know. Personally I'm not sold. However if Morey moved Asik and other assets for him I would have to assume Morey has done enough analysis to know he's an upgrade.