1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Houston Potential Destination for Cousins, but Unlikely...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thekad, Dec 30, 2012.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/PerDiem-130102/nba-demarcus-cousins-trade-scenarios

2. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

Wow, that Mav's trade offer is garbage. Kings get another scoring PG with a low ceiling, a Ryan Hollins/Jamario Moon clone and then 2nd round picks.

The best offer in that article is the Magic's BY FAR.

3. Grigori

Grigori Member

It was also let slip that Cousins' "indefinite" suspension was lifted not by Geoff, but on the direct order of the Maloofs. At this point, I think it's pretty safe to say that the Maloofs will not allow Cousins to be moved come hell or high water and Geoff is now resigned to his fate.

4. Cazuquel

Cazuquel Member

5. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

6. streetking713

streetking713 Member

if we get demarcus cousin we will have a trade bait for love !

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Yeah, i agree that Orlando package is pretty good. Houston's is second.

8. streetking713

streetking713 Member

9. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Houston Maybe third...Celtics have a nice package as well

10. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

I think the Wiz and the Bobcats are also pretty good.

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Not a fan of Cousins and I am a huge fan of Greg Smith. But as far as buying low and selling high, that would be a heck of a deal for the Rockets - assuming Cousins eventually wakes up.

But if I were the Kings, I wouldn't do any of those trades.

12. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

14. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

15. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

16. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

Maloofs would leak that tape and get their own reality TV show, they need money right now.

2 people like this.
  17. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

From that piece, the BOBCATS have far and away the best package to offer.

The "heading" for the Bobcats does not state what would be far and away the most significant piece of the offer: the future first round pick owed from Detroit with limited protection and which could possibly be a top-5 pick by 2015.

18. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Marcus Morris and Greg Smith for Cousins would be about as one-sided as they come. If Asik is off the table, Morey would have to offer DMo and Smith to keep them from hanging up on him. But even then, what do we do with Cousins, bring him off the bench? That would probably not go over well. I just can't see him starting along side Asik, I don't think he could effectively play the 4 in our system.

1 person likes this.
  19. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

Agreed. I don't know why that wasn't highlighted. The Bobcats have two very high #1 picks (their own and Detroit's) that pushes any deal they could offer way above any other team.

Note that the Bulls own the Bobcats' 2012 first round pick, top 14 protected, top 12 protected in 2013, from the Tyrus Thomas trade. So their own pick added to the deal would be the one *after* that, and it would still have a lot of value. Charlotte is going to stink for years yet.

Speaking of which, Chicago would "technically" be in the running for Cousins themselves, with a package consisting of the Bobcats pick and Deng or Boozer and a prospect. But I can't see a no-nonsense defense-minded coach like Thibodeau meshing with a frontcourt player who doesn't defend well or shoot well in Cousins, and is generally all-nonsense off the court. That relationship would last about a week. So that's probably why we don't see Chicago's name up there as well. They have the assets but not the desire.

20. teebone21

teebone21 Member

its about matching salaries bro. Cooks salary was only 1 mill less than cousins makes