1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Hawks could take Brandon Knight in 3-way deal for Lin.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, Dec 17, 2018.

1. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

We've been there and done that with Jeremy Lin 2x. No need to go there for a third.

saleem likes this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Could you imagine if we had traded for him, how bad this team might have been. Then again, we had to burn a first rounder to get rid of Lin. What would we have to burn to get rid of Carmelo

3. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

The question is Lin an upgrade over Knight?

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, but I doubt if he has matured enough to help the Rockets out. He might end up being a hindrance. He would have to play with Harden, Chris and Eric.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

The Rockets have reportedly been shopping Brandon Knight and a first-round pick as they look to add another wing to the roster. Thus far, the Rockets haven't had any takers on that deal, which isn't terribly surprising with Knight owed roughly $15.6 million next season. Houston has been linked to Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, and the Lakers are said to be shopping him, but nothing is imminent on that front.The Athletic

D-rock and malakas like this.
  6. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Nothing else to write on a slow day so let's go to the good ole' "Rockets very aggressive in the market. They are waiving their trash around, but unfortunately it carries an additional year of baggage and so far nobody is interested" story.

malakas likes this.
  7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The Atlanta target is most likely Bazemore, Lin is just a part of the package discussed.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

But does Baze still think Houston is a **** city? ;):oops::rolleyes:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/kent-bazemore-taking-shots-at-the-rockets.276292/

What made you stay in Atlanta (for less)?

Balance. One thing I've learned that's super important in life is balance. You can make a ton of money in a not so cool city on a bad team and be miserable. I took it upon myself to find that balance. I've been here two years. I've started to plant my roots here. I want to continue to build on that. I want to grow as a person & player. Only way you do that is by being comfortable. When I walk outside in the morning and smell that Atlanta air, it puts a calming in my mind and I'm able to tackle the day.

I don't know if Houston/Atlanta have had talks but for the 1,001st time, Jeremy Lin was not coming to Houston in that proposed/discussed deal. He was going to Phoenix.

"One of the other variations of an Ariza deal that was discussed before the Suns sent him to the Wizards featured the Rockets and Hawks, league sources tell O’Connor. In that scenario, Ariza would have gone to the Lakers and the Rockets would have acquired Caldwell-Pope. The Suns would have received Jeremy Lin and an additional asset, while the Hawks got Brandon Knight and a first-round pick."

Nook likes this.
  9. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Can we close this thread now???

topfive and J.R. like this.
  10. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Should we be dumping a first with Knight now? His value is probably at an all time low, why not see if he can play himself into shape and be a part of the rotation come playoff time? Next year he will be a mid tier expiring and much easier to move. Our aggressive attempts to move him with a first suggests to me the Rockets are not optimistic about his return.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

Is BigBum still trying to make this Lin-to-Houston thing happen?

[​IMG]

D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

McAdams? Looks Britney like.

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

Don't you recognize Santa Claus? :eek:

malakas, jcf and daywalker02 like this.
  14. BigBum

BigBum Member

Morey is facing luxury-tax pressure now.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Haven't seen Mean Girls yet.

topfive likes this.
  16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Oh hell no.

tinman and True Rocket like this.
  17. Carl Herrera

Tilman's poverty is really hurting the team now. Giving up a 1st round pick to cut salary, and finding no takers because all the more experienced owners know desparate he is to shed salary.

amaru likes this.
  18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Didn't read the whole thread, so sorry if someone had already posted that thought, but that would explain cutting Zhou Qi.

19. BigBum

BigBum Member

The NBA will distribute the tax payers' luxury tax paid to non-tax paying franchises. If a team is not paying luxury tax, they receive a few millions of luxury tax payment.
    The Rockets traded Chinanu Onuaku to the Dallas to get rid of Onuaku's contract, the Rockets save money on the luxury tax.

#279 BigBum, Dec 20, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2018
  20. Carl Herrera

Brandon Knight had a 4.3 gpa in high school, is vocal about this faith, is a decent but not great NBA player, is 6'3", has been injured for the last year or two.

He basically IS Jeremy Lin.