1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Hawks could take Brandon Knight in 3-way deal for Lin.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigBum, Dec 17, 2018.

1. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

3 team deal gets it done.

i agree that chriss could be traded. hartenstein is staying since we waived qi... unless we get another big in return.

2. riko

riko Member

I watched the wizards game just to see how Trevor went and to my surprise I gotta say Lin looked ok.Having said that his ok play does not offset the crazy and borderline psychotic fan base so no thanks.

3. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Never had a problem with the dude. He's actually a pretty solid role-player in my book, and both his defense and shot has gotten better.

But holy ****, his fanbase. And some of them never left and continue to troll to this day.

4. mig0s

mig0s Member

Anyone who thinks Lin would not be a better backup than MCW is delusional. He's been playing well this season just needs to stay healthy

lionaire likes this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He undoubtedly would be, but I don't think it makes much sense fit wise. Gordon can defend PG's as well if not better then Lin. I think we're better of going for a defensive wing and letting Gordon defend the PG's while Paul sits.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You’re delusional to think this is a real rumor
    And the wizards suck
    And how many games has Lin missed this year ?

7. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We should also get Jeremy's brother Alex Lin from the Hawks. They have good chemistry.

tc0330 and bulkatron like this.
  8. yoeddy

yoeddy Contributing Member

Remember also that D’Antoni likes Lin and his system fits Lin’s style of play. Rockets would have an amazing 2nd unit with Lin running it.

9. chinese

chinese Member

This trade, if happen,will definitely benefit Rockets. I followed Jeremy’ play this season. He is pretty good on everything. The only concern is that whether he could fit with James and Chris . He doesn’t fit James he obviously won’t fit Chris’ hold and dish style.

10. conquistador#11

11. BigBum

BigBum Member

updated rumors from my friend,

Rockets land KCP
    Hawks land Knight/Rockets First
    Kings land Lin
    Lakers land Shumpert/compensation (lakers want compensation)

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I would prefer Shumpert/compensation over KCP. Also dont like the idea of giving up a FRP for KCP of all people.

34to11, clutchdabear and ArtV like this.
  13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

yeah but Gordon dribbles on his feet half of the time and can't run the offense. The problem with Lin is his durability and how he would react to switch defense. It might be too much wear and tear for him to have to bang down low for rebounds and defense on switches

14. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Didn't Morey just trade away a first round pick to GET RID OF lin? Perhaps he's not the mastermind some have made him out to be.

cheke64 likes this.
  15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yes, agreed wholeheartedly.

saleem likes this.
  16. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

Am I the only one annoyed by how every deal we work on gets leaked? Melo in the summer, Butlers four first round pick offer, Trevor Ariza meeting that didnt happen, JR Smith, KCP, and now Lin. Just seems like this front office would benefit from being a little more discreet about its intentions.

17. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

There is no reliable leak about Lin.
    A lot of others were just educated guesses. I don’t believe Morey called Cleveland asking what they want for JR. I think the most that could have happened there was Morey asked MDA Harden and Paul what they thought.

topfive and JoeBarelyCares like this.
  18. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Sure, but tbh, that's not really saying much :D

19. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

meh.. i'd rather just try to see what brandon knight can do. last time jlin was on the rockets, he ran around like a chicken with its head cut off on both offense and defense.

BamBam likes this.
  20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I want shumpert. "Don't worry about being ranked... when you see the man, beat the man"

saleem likes this.