1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Chance Dwight comes to Houston growing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 9, 2013.

1. supa

supa Contributing Member

Exactly, which is why it makes no sense that Fegan was planning to move Dwight to Brooklyn when he knew that contract took them out of the running.

2. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Yea, and using that logic, Dwight would like to sign with a High School. :cool:

3. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

The Lakers are like the Knicks. There's no question they'll be a draw for anyone worthy of a max contract at some point. The real question is whether any of those max players can be better than Harden. If Dwight waits a year through throwaway season and gets Steve Nash Kevin Love and Danny Granger as his supporting cast in 2014-2015, then I'm sorry that's not enough.

The ONLY player that could turn a Howard-led team into a championship contender on the Lakers, with the projected payroll they will have in 2014 and the assumption that everyone besides New Max Player X will be a scrub or veteran ring chaser, is Lebron. If they can guarantee Lebron in 2014, then we cry uncle. Otherwise step aside. Because we have the best core moving forward and it's not close.

4. Jontro

Jontro Member

5. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

True, MWP makes Dennis Rodman look like the ambassador to North Korea!

1 person likes this.
  6. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

artest grew up in a rat/roach infested tenement building.. ****he talkn bout..?

7. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

hes still bitter about his bird rights..

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  9. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

10. dje243

dje243 Member

"Is it really true that Dwight Howard would choose Houston over LA?!" :rolleyes:

11. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Just wanted to add this tidbit:

I'm a member of a Texas Longhorns message board, and there's an agent who is a member of the site. He has insider status, works with numerous clients, and always gives us insider information about the Texans. He's pretty spot on.

He had a post yesterday saying:

"Talked to Chandler Parsons briefly backstage at TriStar Show today. He seems to think Howard is coming to hTown"

Take it FWIW, but the poster there, is really wired into a lot of things going on.

1 person likes this.
  12. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

I have alot of friends that are Lakers fans and they keep telling me that Dwight is gonna stay in LA but when I showed them the links and tweets about Dwight and Houston. They got mad and stopped talking to me lol

13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You call them friends?

14. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

Yea they funny friends but I like to see them cringe when their team is sucking :)

15. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Thanks for the info! If it's not too much trouble, do you mind providing a link?

16. mario_v

mario_v Member

Thanks for that valuable insight.

17. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

1 person likes this.
  18. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Is it the same Orangebloods guy that had the Schaub injury in late 2011? I'm not a member, so I didn't see it first hand. But I do remember an anonymous poster from that board supposedly nailed the "out for the season" scoop before anyone else even knew there was an issue... if it's the same guy, definitely credible.

19. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

You should add another cell with clutchfans or someone asking "Y u do dis derwhgit?"

20. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Yep, it was him.