1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Chance Dwight comes to Houston growing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 9, 2013.

1. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

I thought I could read info, but instead I got pages of people hating on a poster. Why? Because he post too much? Oh my god all have u are ruining this thread.

2. platypus

platypus Member

With the amount of circle jerking that goes on around here the LAST thing yall should be complaining about is one guy posting too much /rant

Now seriously anyone got duh new **** on dwight? Last i heard was him losing to free throws to some molf. God i need a drink this offseason is gonna be long.

3. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Only you would know. Welcome to Houston. ;)

4. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

I agree with what Kuku is saying -- I don't think Howard is a big fan of Kobe and I don't think Howard wants to be under Kobe's thumb for another season. Or more.

The Achilles injury could change the dynamic, though.

But I will say this -- I think unless Kobe has his leg amputated, there is no way he's not coming back. He's about 650 points or so from passing Michael Jordan on the all-time scoring list, and I don't think any force on earth is going to keep him from doing that. So, no retirement for Kobe right now.

If the leg is bad enough, maybe Kobe retires after next season, once he passes MJ.

I didn't watch the video of "Dwight vs Housewife," but people are talking about TJ Simers, LA Times columnist. As others have said, Simers has a particular schtick and it is to be a contrarian, to go against the grain, to try to pick at the athletes in town. He's pretty good at it, even if it's incredibly annoying.

I like what Dwight said to the Times. Sounds good for us.

5. PhiSlamma

PhiSlamma Member

One other think about TJ Simers, and I'm not sure if this factors into the video because I didn't watch it:

Simers is anything but a Kobe Worshipper. Ditto for the Lakers. Dwight and his camp probably know that, and maybe that is part of why Dwight is "ok" with TJ Simers.

The one person you can consistently count on, in the LA media, to take shots at Kobe and poke holes in the Kobe Mystique is TJ Simers.

An enemy of my enemy is my friend. That may be how Dwight views Simers.

6. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

lakers / kobe / dantoni is a very serious high pressure environment

rockets are young and fun team.... perfect for dwight

kevin is a players coach

7. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Everything might appear that Dwight wants to join Houston, but I feel Lakers and Mitch are still in the driver's seat. The choice is simple; it's Dwight or Kobe.

Why are they still on the driver's seat? Imagine the following...

After Dwight had his visits with different teams, Mitch comes at Dwight with a proposal, "You are the future of the Lakers and we know you aren't happy playing with Kobe. Lakers would like to express our sincerity and how important you are to our organization, and if you sign with us, we will amnesty Kobe when Amnesty window opens at July 11th."

"For the press, we will make a statement that using our amnesty clause on Kobe is a purely a business decision. Bear with us for a down season, and by 2014, most of the major contracts will be off the book, we will be able to add FA's. Kevin Love is from SoCal, and he already expressed interest joining the Lakers. For as long as you are a core of Lakers, other FAs will be attracted playing with you."

A lot of things can happen in pursuing big name free agents, and be ready for the unexpected.

8. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Kobe won't be amnestied.

9. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Agree. It's Dwight, they probably won't, but if it's a young Shaq, they will seriously think about it.

It's just my perspective on why Lakers are still in the driver's seat.

10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Kevin Love is from Oregon, he left California at the ripe old age of 1.

1 person likes this.
  11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

You don't think players want to play in LA? As long as they have the money, the Lakers will be in the running for whatever free agent they are looking at. And if KLove is going to play free agency, Lakers have a legit shot.

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Are you gonna keep your number when you come to Houston?

How will we free up the cap space to get you?

(Be funny if DH12 is actually just some random noob like the rest of us but JUST IN CASE.... :) )

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Did he ball at Oregon or Oregon State??? :p

14. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

that'd be kinda cool if jj watt, ed reed, aj, arian could all put in a recruiting pitch to come to houston

that dude would def. budge.

15. Aleron

Using that logic, you'll have Dwyane Wade playing in Milwaukee in no time

16. rocketblood713

whats up people any new news ?

17. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Two things about Kevin Love:

1.) He's not a free agent next summer.
    2.) He's not as good as James Harden.

Next.

18. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I was referring to his UCLA connection.

Lakers are the biggest pro sports team in LA. They lost both Rams and Raiders awhile back. Clippers suck for years. Angels and Dodgers haven't won anything for a decade. Kings finally won a Cup last season after 40+years and are competing as a final four this year. The only team that have achieved anything and the pride of So Californians is the Lakers.

Just about everyone there is a Lakers fan. They are like the Yankees of baseball. Everyone wants to play for the Yankees.

This is what MWP have to say on difference living in Houston and Los Angeles:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/losangeles/podcast/archive?id=5988567

What a disgraceful thing to say about Houston, Metta!

19. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Two words: fiduciary duty.

20. Aleron

I'm aware of that, which i why I said "using that logic, you'll have Dwyane Wade in Milwaukee"