1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Chance Dwight comes to Houston growing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 9, 2013.

1. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

Good to see you here again Cyberx! So if tensions are starting to rise between Dwight and Fegan does Dwight get to the point where he loses faith in him and potentially cuts ties? or is he in it with Fegan for the long haul?

2. texansalltheway

how much better is dwight than asik??? barely..

3. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I think it depends on "enough". If it's just Fegan, who has a clear financial incentive to steer him toward that extra year, I think Dwight understands the bias at play. If other people are telling him that too, it could be tricky, but it sounds like a lot of people are trying to sell him on Houston, too.

4. Lateralus

Lateralus Member

Need someone like PPatt

5. PainNoLove

PainNoLove Member

HAHAHAHA

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

In his worst season as a pro, Dwight consistently posted numbers that Asik can't even sniff. Some people really just have no clue.

7. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Dwight would enjoy playing with 3 point shooting PFs a lot more than he would someone who can't make either jumpers or layups and would only crowd the paint for him.

9. mario_v

mario_v Member

I believe the OP, but I feel like we're just setting ourselves up for dissapointment. Don't want to wait two months hoping for a blockbuster move that may not happen.

10. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Now this is a possibility.

11. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I posted this in another thread, but from the outside looking in, it really seems like Dwight WANTS Houston to give him an offer he can't refuse. He fully understands the financial side of getting the extra year, but in terms of chemistry, bonding, and just plain HAVING FUN, the Lakers don't have ANY of it. He sees the Rockets as a team that is young, energetic, and full of guys who just plain get along (on AND off the court). However, I still think he's having a hard time figuring out if that's enough to get him to actually LEAVE Los Angeles. He worked (and by work, I mean pouted and cried) so hard at getting himself onto the Lakers, that leaving now would feel like he's throwing that all away after just one season.

I think he wants the Rockets to woo him, make him feel really wanted, and to stroke his ego. If that happens (which we all know it will....I mean, if Bosh got an iPad, then Dwight should AT LEAST get a Microsoft Surface, right? ;)), then I think we could be seeing a press conference in Toyota Center in July.

12. Classic

Classic Member

[​IMG]

13. basketballholic

This is all legit including the info on Fegans. Dan Fegans is the single reason Dwight was not traded here last year. Fegans is currently attempting to get Dwight to believe that nonsense that we can't build a winner here. Dwight needs to fire him but Dwight is too naive to do it.

14. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

They already confirm coach D is coming back next season... And I think he's contracted for 3.

15. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Hmmmm. Unhappy with a coach ... isn't that why he left Orlando? Is there a trend here? Just asking.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

Feel similar.

2 months, that's a long time! Things can be said, things can change, people get in people's ears, so on and so forth.

Until he's at Toyota Center with Daryl, I'll just continue to believe he's re-signing with LA. :p

Thanks for passing this along OP.

17. thumbs

With Morey running basketball operations, I fear Fegan might be correct.

18. Takeoff

Takeoff Member

random thought: wouldnt it be even more advantageous for us to sign dwight, roll with what we have with him this year, and then when kevin love is a free agent, try our best to sign him to complete our version of superfriends?

i think harden, dwight and love is much more formidable than dwight, cp3 and harden.

i know this is obviously a pipe dream times a million, but love's shooting and rebounding is going to bring someone a championship when he bolts minny. i want that someone to be us.

19. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

I think this roster is just fine for Dwight. Lots of talent at every position but the 4. They will either play with Asik as twin towers or they might do a s&t with him to get someone like Josh Smith or Paul Millsap. This line up could easily content for a championship:

Lin/Beverly
    Harden/NEW
    Parsons/Jones
    Smith/DMo
    Howard/G. Smith

20. thumbs

Would Love and Howard complement each other or would their "games" conflict? I don't think we could ever get both, but still, just asking.