1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Source: Chance Dwight comes to Houston growing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, May 9, 2013.

1. liveguy

liveguy Member

Uh....no they don't.

2. hooroo

hooroo Member

A big man rotation of Jsmoove, Dwight, and Asik has to put the Rockets up there in big man dept.

3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Dan Fegan is a jerk-off. How can he not believe Houston can put together a championship roster? If his client comes here, then the pieces are automatically in place for this team to be a contender. He wants Dwight to sign the 5 year deal because his commissions will increase with the larger deal.

Dwight would be warmly welcome to Houston.

1 person likes this.
  4. hooroo

hooroo Member

Dwight's not coming unless the Rockets add/improve the roster. So yeah, his contract needs to go.

5. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Dwight is one of the best PNR centers in the history of the game. Why wouldn't he be doing the PNR?

6. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

McHale being in his ear obviously is not kosher, but Hakeem has no official relations with the Rockets right? Not exactly tampering if a non-affiliate tells him how great Houston is?

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I knew he'd like McHale. Those two would gel great. They just couldn't win a title together I don't think.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

He works for a sports agency, dude.

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

But Brooklyn's management can? :confused:

If I was an agent, I probably wouldn't want to deal with the Rockets, either, I guess. They must really hate Moneyball guys.

10. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

That 30 million means a lot more to Fegan than it does to Howard... that much is obvious.

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

This is looking more and more like the Knicks pursuit Summer of Lebron where they were clearing cap space like crazy.

And they WERE SURE to GET Lebron, how could they NOT?

And they "only" came away with Amare Stoudamire...

I'll believe it when I see it

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yup! Percentage!

13. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

I think you're right. I could see McHale and Dwight getting along very well. Is it considered tampering if McHale contacts Dwight? Or is that just management that isn't allowed?

14. cyberx

cyberx Member

I have no info on the Rockets side from this, just an FYI.

This all on Dwights end.

1 person likes this.
  15. hooroo

hooroo Member

Any info on Sergio Llull?

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Seems that Dwight is using Houston as leverage to force the Lakers to cut D'Antoni loose. Morey is always being used as leverage.

1 person likes this.
  17. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

He just wants the Lakers to acquire Patrick Patterson. AMIRITE?

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Notice DALLAS wasn't anywhere in the conversation. #old

19. cyberx

cyberx Member

On a personal note, I don't see why the Lakers wouldn't do it anyways and go for Phil and give him some power. He will OWN the team anyways, he is marrying the OWNER, not the owners daughter, but THE OWNER.

20. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The one thing to remember with Dwight is that he's had a VERY rocky relationship with Fegan. The past two years have been a trainwreck, and reading between the lines, a lot of it is because Dwight blindly followed Fegan (and I'm sure he knows that). There were rumors last summer that Dwight was very unhappy with his management situation.

Fegan is the one who recommended the tactics and timeline that made the Orlando situation a circus. Fegan is the one who presumably told Dwight to opt-in at the 2012 deadline on the logic that they could pressure Orlando into dealing him to Brooklyn over the summer (fail). Fegan is the one who leaked all the information to reporters.

All that said, Fegan is a good agent and I'm sure Dwight appreciates that. But I don't think this will be a case where the player blindly follows the agent. I think Dwight is very wary after the past 18 months.