1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sound File

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by who?, Oct 18, 1999.

1. who?

who? Member

How long have we had the sound file (the ellie one on the intro screen) because the first time I heard it was Saturday.

2. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Actually it's been up there since January of February .... but what is so wild is you must be the 20th person or so who thought that was "Elie" ... it's actually Gene Peterson's call of "Eddie"s shot against the Jazz... but I could see where it sounds like "Elie" ...

------------------
    Clutch
    Out to prove Scottie Pippen will apologize at gunpoint.
    www.clutchcity.net

3. DREAMer

DREAMer Member

I think the only people who could possibley think Gene was saying 'Elie' are either:

1. People who have never listened to the Rockets on the radio
    2. People who didn't watch the Rockets/Jazz series in which the shot occurred (which is a cardinal Rocket sin, not to watch a playoff game)
    3. Very young (Under 20) Rocket fans who don't really know much about the players.

Why am I writing all this? I have no idea....

I could talk some more about Tina Thompson... nah

------------------
    I have a dream.........his name's Hakeem.

4. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

DREAMer,

How dare you think an under 20 fan wouldnt know that shot. [​IMG] The first time I came to CC I knew that shot.

Eddie hit the shot and proceeded to go WILD running down the court with his hands in the air like a mad man. What a great shot.

Too bad we didnt win that series.

------------------
    Sir Charles is DA MAN.

5. who?

who? Member

Dreamer you forget option number 4. People with poor quality sound cards.

6. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

My soundcard is ultra-crappy, both in my desktop and my teeny-weeny Libretto with the even smaller speaker...and I still got it, but I remember the shot.

I guess the question here is what sound sample from last (post)season should replace it? I haven't a clue...

-deji-

7. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

That, "Eddie at the buzzer.." call from Geno is really famous, but I have never heard him call the "Elie out of the corner" shot. All of the repeats of that are off of the NBC commentator who was doing the game..(I believe it was Snapper Jones(?)..."Elie out of the corner for threeee...GOT IT!! Mario Elie with a three with 7.1 seconds to play!!"