1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sorry to burst your bubble

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 27, 2015.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I don't think you can form an opinion on Rick Smith based on one game. His overall track record is not good.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Next Week will say more than this week.
    This was a MUST WIN for me .. . because that Tampa team is not a great team
    They have a rookie QB and rookie Kicker
    Each of which made mistakes that we NEEDED them to make to win

Rocket River

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

You could literally say that about any team in our division. I know people still expect Indy to win it because of Luck. But if you want to base it on how the teams look, all 4 teams look like they won't make the playoffs, which obviously won't happen.

And yeah, we're not New England. But do you remember what people were saying about the Pats this time last year? They started 2-2 but didn't look good. They lost their opener to Miami, barely beat an Oakland team that wouldn't get a win until Week 12, and then got stomped by Kansas City. They had no run game and Brady was struggling to break 200 yards. People were already saying that NE's run as a perennial contender was over. Tom Brady was done. Then they finished 10-2 and won the Super Bowl.

No, we're not the Pats. But the first 3 weeks don't dictate an entire season. Do you remember 2009? The first year we had a winning record. We started 1-2 as well. We lost to Mark Sanchez in his first ever game and also lost to the Jags, both games at home. But we still finished 9-7.

4. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

They played one of the worst teams in the league. Yes, they have young pieces in place but they're definitely playing at full potential. To have snuck out with a 16-9 win against them is hardly fortifying this team as a playoff hoperful squad.

We play a Falcons team that has lit the league up so far. Julio will be a monster to matchup against with the likes of JJo and Kareem Jackson.

The remaining schedule goes as so:

@ Atlanta
    vs Indy (quick TNF turnaround)
    @ Jax
    @ Miami
    vs Tennessee
    @ Cincy
    vs NYJ
    vs N.O. (Bress back?)
    @ Buffalo
    vs N.E.
    @ Indy
    @ Tennessee
    vs Jax

From my guesstimations we could only come out with 3 wins (2 against Jax and the other against Miami) if Bress comes back at full stength between now and week 10 we could lose that week in my mind.

We'll see how it works out with Arian back, I am hoping I'm wrong... but who knows.

5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Agree and I posted that yesterday. Indy is in disarray what with the internal strife going on between the GM & head coach and don't look like a 12 win team at this point. In fact they look closer to the Texans' level despite their so-called "advantage" at QB. Jacksonville is awful and the Titans are in full-fledged rebuild mode behind Mariotta. SO it's not out of the question that both teams can wind up with 9 wins with one taking the division. However, I still see only one team making the playoffs from this division. Not trying to be a "Debbie Downer" - just going off what my eyes are telling me at this point in time.

On a happier note: the Cows lost (at home) and are a 5 1/2 point dog to an 0-3 Saints team next Sunday. They're calling for Cassell to start and I just can't stop laughing at the talking heads on Dallas radio.

6. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Hows he doin this season?

7. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Better than Dez atm.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

No, we beat Tampa and are now 1-2.

Give the man an extension

9. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

I'm still excited about the team's prospects for winning. With Foster coming back, and Mallett settling in and improving, we should look better. Mohamed coming back on D will really help in pass coverage also.

We're already in first place in the division, and with these guys coming back -- the sky is the limit baby

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Dez is injured, that means he's clearly a bust

/XSF'd

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

And if we beat a sizzling hot ATL team, I wonder would that thrust us into the 9-7 or 10-6 range. Or what if Mallett throws for 3 TD'S and 350+yards, does that put him in the elite class and we finally found our franchise QB.

Why are we worried about who we might miss out on in the draft in this young season? The purpose is to make it to the playoffs and give your team a shot at winning the Superbowl.

12. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

That guy has been injured for 2 straight seasons.... pretty sure Dez is far from XSF'd

13. Mr. Clutch

Comparing a guy who has proven to be elite with a guy who had to compete with Jeff Adams for his job because he sucks at pass blocking

SMH

14. Nook

Nook Member

Honestly the Texans franchise do not deserve their fan base. The organization is boring, uninspiring and has fluctuated between terrible and mediocre. There is very little for the fans to look forward to and the past has been mediocre.

2 people like this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree. I know that fair weather fans might be upset but in the last 8 years the Texans have won their division the same number of times they've had a losing season. Anyway, this is a basketball board overall so it's not surprising that there aren't all that many good football fans on here.

16. Nook

Nook Member

You beat the worst team in the NFL last year... with a rookie quarterback....at home!

Want to know why the Texans fans are edgy? Take a long look at the moves over the last 4-5 years. The Strong/Nix 6 picks deals..... Clowney over Mack and others...... Quinn let go for a 35 year old fossil..... the wasted draft picks..... the lack of a QB and lack of talent on this club.

However, some how fans of the Texans are supposed to be grateful they have an NFL team.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You could also say there's waay too many Texans "fans" who strongly believe this team should be a super bowl contender "just because they've been around for 13 years and haven't been there yet!"

Also, looking at the history of the team without looking at the context is pretty much the equivolent mistake as is blindly supporting the team no matter how bad they are.

This team was worse than an expansion team in 2006... I am certain of that. They hired the wrong people from the get-go, and they literally set this franchise back a good 6 years.

This is the first head coaching regime that didn't have to take over a worse-than-expansion team.

18. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Don't worry bro unlike in 2014 when he missed OTA, he will be ready to go this year.

33rd overall and has contributed nothing. Comparing him to Foster/Brown coming back is the dumbest thing I have ever seen anyone post.

19. Nook

Nook Member

The Texans for their history are 89-122....

The Texans have won their division twice in 14 seasons.

The Texans have already had the #1 pick three times in 14 seasons... with Carr, Williams and Clowney to show for it.

The Texans have never gotten past the divisional round of the playoffs.

M-E-D-I-O-C-R-E.

20. Mr. Clutch

I am more positive on the Texans than the average person. I think they sincerely put the effort in, they spend money, they hire respectable coaches, and the fan experience (other than the w-l record) is great. Tailgating at Reliant is awesome, and I've been to several NFL stadiums.

We were legitimate contenders for a year or two until Schaub declined. The Andre-Foster-Schaub offense with a Wade defense was fantastic to watch.

But the owner has made catastrophic mistakes like having an incompetent FO, clinging to sunk costs (Carr), and not holding people accountable.

Keeping Rick Smith and not having BOB bring his own guy in is making things a mess. Who is accountable for our disastrous trade ups in the draft?

Fans can criticize teams and still be fans. Fan is short for fanatic.

The person who claims this forum doesn't have real fans is the same guy who spams the board with millions of posts criticizing players he doesn't like and being a complete MOF. (He also makes horrible takes more generally).