1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sorry to burst your bubble

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Sep 27, 2015.

1. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

The Texans are given the most support of any team in this city by a long margin. :rolleyes:

The Rockets were in the middle of their longest playoff run in decades and the biggest talk on sports radio in the town was if Ryan Mallet can be a starting QB. The Astros were actually good this year, especially in the summer, but all anyone talks about is Texan's this or that.

The Texans have sold out every home game in their existence, even in the years they absolutely sucked and had little actual NFL talent on the field. If the Rockets or Astros have one bad year, it takes years for the support to build up again. Even in good years, the crowds pale in comparison to a Texan's bad year.

Probably 90% of the commercials in Houston that have sports figures in them are Texan players.

This city loves the Texans so faithfully, and I don't understand why.

How is that they Texan's are always mediocre? Even the year they went 12-4, the stumbled heavily at the end.

How is it acceptable to draft players with 2nd, 3rd, 4th round draft picks and cut them a year later, if that? Those mid-draft picks are vital to a team's continual success but we keep drafting wrong and cutting them.

How is it okay that the best quarterback they could ever get a HOF WR in Andre Johnson is Matt Schaub? Totally wasted Johnson's prime here and looks like JJ will suffer the same fate.

You may call it bad luck but it has gone on long enough that it can't be just luck but the showings of a poorly managed organization, head to toe.

What is pathetic is that the Texans continue to put crap on the field every Sunday, every year and try to pass it off as a good product.

1 person likes this.
  2. Victorious

Victorious Member

Lol blaming first two losses on Hard Knocks?

Tampa did help us out by missing a few fgs

3. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

Problem is you are assuming the Texans get the draft right. Look at the last two drafts.

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

It's one thing to make predictions before the season, but making a thread declaring our final record and who we are (or aren't) going to draft next April after 3 games is really stupid.

5. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

After 3 games, the Texans are not New England. Probably not has bad a Tampa. You can rank the teams and from the looks of it, relative to where everyone else, a top 10 pick is likely.

6. htownballa1622

People are just fed up with mediocrity.

Just because fans are critical(rightfully so) of our QB situation and the sad state of affairs this team is in doesn't mean we don't deserve a winning team.

Texans have the most blindly faithful fans there is.

This city is fueled by Texans this and Texans that. Rockets and Astros have a brighter future than the Texans, yet Texans will continue to be blindly followed by people in this city that aren't critical because they accept mediocrity.

I'll always root for my Texans in the best interest of what gets us closer to a Super Bowl.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Exactly. I can't imagine watching that game yesterday...given the context of the 2 games prior...and thinking this is a good team.

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

The tampa kicker didn't blow 7 points. He hit a very improbable 58-yarder, so if you factor that into the equation, he only blew 4 points.

Well, I actually fell asleep during the 2nd half, if that tells you anything. My wife told me I was even snoring...

But, I am withholding judgement on this team until Arian comes back. He's the 2nd best player on the team. We are 3-15 without him since 2010. And 33-20 with him.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I disagree, the constant whiny BS on this forum is indicative of a fanbase that doesn't deserve success. There were a lot of positives in this week's game, but you'd think it was a loss the way these alleged "Texans fans" go on. There was positive developments in the run game, which is getting Arian Foster back this week, the O line that looked better than it has this season that is getting Brown back this week, Mallett looked pretty sharp completing 61% of his passes despite 4 drops and one perfectly thrown pass that Nate Washington wasn't looking for. There was positive developments on defense as well with JJo finally looking like a competent cornerback, Wilfork showing some life, Clowney taking on a larger workload, and McKinney looking better.

Sure the Texans played a weak team, but the point is they started to show some life and they are about to get a lot more help this week.

It's as if the fanbase wanted a loss and are upset that they didn't get it.

10. MadMax

Boring game, for sure.

Yep..I think they'll improve too. That's why I think they'll be between 5-7 wins. There's 13 games left. If they went 6-7, I think that's an improvement on what we've seen given what's left on the schedule.

11. MadMax

Yes the 100 or less people who talk on this board for free are more indicative of fan support than the 60,000 or so who spend money buying seats each week and the thousands more who are on a waiting list to get season tickets. The fact that sports radio in this city is dominated by Texans talk is of no indication of their popularity.

This franchise gets so much more support than it's ever earned on the field.

12. htownballa1622

No doubt there were positives and the fan in me wanted a W.

Big picture though, this team is not a contender nor is it bad enough to get a top pick.

Some of us will complain about it. Others will continue to enjoy the mediocrity treadmill.

It's your prerogative which you choose, but to criticize the people that have come to grips with this is lame on your part.

We can enjoy the Texans win, yet still want more. That doesn't make you a bad fan that doesn't deserve better.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. The Texans are a team that wins with the run game and defense and they've been without their run game for the first 3 games of the season. Look at the Vikings and Seahawks as examples of what can happen when teams that win via the run game don't have that run game going. The Seahawks got decent production out of Lynch in the first game and it was close, very little production out of Lynch the 2nd game and they lost, and great production out of Rawls in the 3rd game and they won. Same goes for the Vikings, they got very little out of AD in week one and they had no chance.....looked like the worst offense in the NFL, since then AD has been AD and they've won 2 straight just running over teams.

Foster makes a HUGE difference....and it seems some don't appreciate that properly.

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Good. I certainly hope the negative Nancy's that post here aren't indicative of the overall fanbase, that would be more embarrassing than the Texans looked in the first 2 weeks.

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I predicted us at 7-9 and even though seeing how weak this division is I still stand by it.

Also F*** the Colts....and the Titans too for being noobs.

16. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Because NFL, because football.

17. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Right. It's NOT a good team - it's average to below average which is why I expect it to wind up somewhere in the 6-9 wins range. Optimism is fine but at some point, you have to believe what your eyes are telling you and my eye see a .500 team.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

9 wins likely wins the division....

19. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I don't want no mediocre ..... But ....8 or 9 wins can easily win the division this year and then it's about who gets hot. ..on board

20. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Pretty much this:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Get a win and somehow Rick is still at fault. Never change Houston.</p>&mdash; PDS (@PatDStat) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatDStat/status/648317971727695872">September 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>