1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sorry, but why should I lower my expectations?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by htwnbandit, Jan 3, 2016.

1. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

This team is stacked with talent, yet they can't seem to get their head out of their ass, and neither can the coaches. What is up with our second most important offensive weapon, Marcus Thornton, only getting like 5 mins a game and whenever he does get extended mins he only gets in at like the fourth quarter? We have the best SG in the game, one of the best C's (certain nights the best C), a top-tier defensive SF in Ariza, a supposedly elite and former all-Defensive team PG in Pat Bev, former borderline All-Star in Ty Lawson, one of the best post players in Donatas Motiejunas and veteran shooter Jason Terry.

There is absolutely ZERO excuse for this team playing the way they have this season. 50 unforced TO's a game it seems, brick after brick, layup drill for the opposing team, building up a 15 point lead only to lose it in a flash, choking away games... And hell, this whole "playing down to our competition" whenever we do play bad teams was NOT a problem the past couple of years! If this were the youngest team in the league, this would be normal. But even a rebuilding team would still play with more effort. There is no reason why I should "lower my expectations" if we have several players with years of playoff/finals experience, on top of young talent coming off the Western Conference Finals.

"Lower your expectations". That's the real kick in the nuts during an absolutely pitiful season.

2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Umm so that you dont get your hopes crushed everynight? The team gave up on themselves and us, why should we care?

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup. Far too much talent to lower expectations.

We just need Daryl and the coaches to adjust and figure out how to get us some wins.

It's about who the best team is come playoff time. We have time to figure it out with trades and with coaching.

Getting an upgrade for Brewer and Jones would be a great start.

4. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

What do your expectations mean tho? I mean if you want to remain sane, you will realize this team as is isn't going anywhere and is not going to put together 48 minutes of hard play. Which means we are going to lose most nights.

Untill a trade happens (i dont even know who to trade/what the real issue is) I wouldn't expect anything to change.