1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sopcast Broadcasting

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by swoosh1014, Oct 10, 2006.

1. swoosh1014

swoosh1014 Member

I don't know much about computers and such, but I saw on Sopcast that you can broadcast your own tv network if you want.... just wondering if maybe there was some way that one of you computer gurus could register Fox Sports Houston and broadcast the Rockets games on there...Not sure if thats even legal or logical but I was just curious, this program does work very well regardless, I still miss the Rockets announcers though.

2. redgoose

redgoose Contributing Member

Check this thread and see if you can find anything useful. ;)

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=118715

3. Omer

Omer Member

I'm watchin the game on SopCast right now. It's the first channel under sports.

4. smartxtai

smartxtai Contributing Member

Yea, go to:

http://download.sopcast.com/download/SopCast.zip

Download and install. Then choose "6001. GSports" It works great.

Does anyone know if this will play all future Rockets games or is it just playing this preseason game?

5. swoosh1014

swoosh1014 Member

No I already have Sopcast, I was wondering if it was possible for someone who knows a lot about computers to create their own channel and broadcast the Fox Sports Houston feed using the program

6. TigerBait

TigerBait Contributing Member

7. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

This is f'n awesome. Are the regular season games gonna be on there???? Google should snatch this bad boy up too.

Great tip guys, thanks!!!

8. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

That would be sweet man. I hope someone can hook it up, but I doubt it.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

haryasz, kid from kentucky, and either padgett or jacobsen will be cut

10. swoosh1014

swoosh1014 Member

After reading the message boards on the program, it looks like it wouldn't be too hard for someone to start a channel to broadcast all Rockets games after all. A bunch of guys from different areas of the country all broadcast their areas NFL games every week for fans who are not able to watch the games... If someone who knows about computers knows how to stream the games, (the set up is under my channel) or would like to look into, it would be much appreciated by all who unfortuantely can not watch the games otherwise.

11. awo86

awo86 Rookie

ya tat would be great! it sickens me to hear chinese commentary. No disrespect to chinese, but it is difficult to follow a game without english commentary especially since it is kinda blurry and very very tough to even see the numbers on the jersey