1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sooo, what of Mike James?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by aussie rocket, Dec 31, 2007.

1. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

So just what the hell are we doing with Mike James?

He's of zero value riding the pine for us, not much more on the court.

Does NOBODY want James?

Damon Jones wants out in Cleveland...he has let it be known.

Would Cleveland do James for Jones?

Seems pretty fair to me, as they dont use Jones, and we could use a shooter. They might be able to get some use of out Mike, so why the hell not?

2. rocketshopeful

I could be wrong, but I think James is a better shooter then jones if you look at the career numbers. Isn't jones a streak shooter?

3. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Trade MJames/Tmac for ____________________

4. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

But we are getting NOTHING from MJ, and Adelman's not playing him at all right now.

Maybe a change of scenery for James and Jones would be good for everyone involved.

5. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

James is looking as if he may be washed up. Two changes of scenery in two seasons with the same results. Actually, he looks worse this year than he did in Minnesota. I am not writing him off yet because physically he seems fine to me (unlike Francis) but time is running out.

6. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Jason Kidd & Boki Nachbar :cool:

7. blastaway

blastaway Member

I think Mike James is more concerned about getting closer to God, finishing his house, being a better husband and better father; as he mentioned partially in reference to his new year's resolutions...I mean constant improvements. Those are great ideals, I just wish he would have added being a better player for the rockets with it! :(

8. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Should the Rockets management charge Mike James for his court side seat? *sigh*

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

There is a whole new spin on the "Mike James. Who?" phrase that used to be so hot.

10. tulexan

tulexan Member

I was really hoping Chuck would say that his resolution is working on free throws.

11. mmesser

mmesser Contributing Member

I would trade James to Cleveland for James.

In a heartbeat!

Git-r-done Morey!!!!

12. Rockets111

Rockets111 Contributing Member

That would be too funny if we traded James AGAIN, although it definitely needs to happen.

This dude was crowned king again once we got him this offseason, yet he's the last guard on the bench. Put a fork in him, he's done.

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

IMO, he has been the worst Rocket player. I can't believe I feel that way. I keep reminiscing about the dude from 2 years ago. Can't figure out if he's actually over the hill or if he just doesn't get the offense. I would think he would be a fit with Adelman if he could hit the 3 ball. And I thought he was a lot better defensively than Luther Head. But his defense has been horrendous, the absolute worst, to go along with very bad shot selection, and an inability to hit the open J. Just a terrible combo on both ends of the floor. I cannot pretend to understand what has happened to him.

14. Norway's Winter

I dont think MJ is a good shooter ’cause he cannot choose the good time to hit the ball

everytime he got the ball and went in the shot range

he would hit the ball whether its a good chance or not

when he make a goal in a really difficult way we may scream out

oh **** it's unbelievable

but most of his shots missed

we cannot waste the opportunity so easy

we need shooter whom is much smarter

15. tulexan

tulexan Member

Maybe this is his payback to the Rockets for trading him. He is going to sabotage the team from the inside.

16. Ready

Ready Member

mike james is still bad ass in my opinion and not having him would make the team worse. keep mike james!

17. 1RocketMac11

1RocketMac11 Member

I dunno man, Jones is a much more effective spot up shooter and knows how to get open. With the Heat, Jones shot 43% from beyond the arc and made over 220 threes that season.

James is truly the definition of a chucker, takes horrible shots and completely kills the offense and ball movement. I HATE his game.

18. rofflesaurus

rofflesaurus Member

james has been playing better and jacked up less shot during the time he's been on the court. like kenny smith said the game humbles you, and i think james is eating some humble pie right now. also...is steve francis still a rocket???? :D

19. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

James eating humble pie? WTF!

James is eating "soul" pie, sitting on a rock chair, counting his cash, and looking at the blueprint of his new house.

20. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Mike James for Damon Jones doesn't work straight up anyway.

This works:

Mike James for Damon Jones, Cedric Simmons, 1st round pick :cool: