1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Soon] Lowe: I get more of a sense that the Melo situation is gonna resolve itself soon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 7, 2017.

1. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

For real, **** has taken longer than the Cell battle...

2. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Dang Melo still on the knicks lmao

3. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

10/10

DonKnock likes this.
  4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Not really... it was just as big of a bone for us. We got CP3 cheaper this year, preserved our core, and avoided any potential FA pitfalls getting CP3.

5. Rox_Mayhem

Rox_Mayhem Member

[​IMG]

6. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Well yeah, we did it because it was beneficial to us, they did it because it was beneficial to them. That's how trades work. From the Clippers' stand point, they could have lost CP3 for nothing. They did a good job of getting a return for him. Credit for that can be given to the Rockets for proactively working a deal before FA period started.

Lowe's premise is that he's already shared his thoughts on the CP3/Rockets offseason, so he's not going to spend more time on it. He is saying the Clippers did well to load up after losing Paul, and you can credit the Rockets for that if you want. I have yet to see Lowe's take on the Rockets, so idk what exactly he's on about, but the Rockets credit line was not a jab at us.

7. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Filipino Krillin is still alive, so we have a long ways to go. Nothing happens until Krillin dies.

Yung-T and DonKnock like this.
  8. MystikArkitect

[​IMG]

Yung-T and DonKnock like this.
  9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

"soon" is a relative term...

Yung-T likes this.
  10. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Afreeza

DonKnock likes this.
  11. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

don't forget about paul. he's gonna miss 15 games this year like he always does. we need a solid PG behind him and a solid C behind nene.

12. radiohunk

radiohunk Member

Looks like Suns/Knicks/Cavs talking 3 team trade, sending Love to PHX, Melo to CLE and a bag of chips to NYK. Hopefully Suns won't be able to clear space for Love.

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Says who? And why wouldn't New York just trade for Kevin Love since he's much better than a "bag of chips".

If Cle was willing to part with Love to get Melo (might be a downgrade in talent), they would have already got the deal done.

H-Town Melo and dmoneybangbang like this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

Sucks your interaction action was crappy.

Personally, I really like Lowe's podcast and his guests. Him and Nate Duncan (a different NBA podcast) come off as salty and dismissive, but I like reading and listening to their opinions.

15. baubo

baubo Member

I don't do twitter/facebook stuff, but from his podcasts it's clear he absolutely hates Rockets fans that communicates with him in social media. So the subjectivity seems to be more based on that than his interactions with the Rockets front office, whatever it may be.

Also it's not like critcism against the Rockets is unwarranted. We lost to the Spurs in the second round this year and last year was a disaster. The year before that we had the miraculous comeback against the Clippers. Until we an at least show we're definitely above the Spurs I don't mind if people aren't drinking the koolaid on Rockets.

16. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Part of the appeal of Melo is the uniqueness of the situation. Barring something unexpected (i.e. straight up for Love or equivalent player), they're going to take back junk in the deal. Whether it's our junk or Cleveland's junk, the writing is on the wall.

That said, I'm reluctant to get into a bidding war with Cleveland. This is a rare circumstance where you can actually get a superstar for pennies on the dollar. I start to get nauseous whenever the talk shifts to including vital assets like EG and Capela. I'd surrender them under the right circumstance, but NOT whenever a team like NY has so foolishly backed themselves into the corner with a player armed with a no-trade clause. The divorce is inevitable and it humors me to read NY thinks they're in a position to make demands.

I say play hardball: Anderson + filler. If it happens, great, if not...oh well.

ghettocheeze likes this.
  17. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

I can't believe the Knicks wouldn't take Kevin Love straight up.

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He sees dead deals.

19. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Knicks seem to prefer not dealing with Cleveland IMO because 1. LeBron and 2. Cavs are literally trying to dump trash on them.

Rockets are at least trying to facilitate a deal in which the Knicks get something tangible(pick or young player)

20. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Hopefully this trade happens before humans colonize Mars