1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Soon] Lowe: I get more of a sense that the Melo situation is gonna resolve itself soon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 7, 2017.

1. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Hopefully the trade happens before my wedding

2. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Lowe also didn't think the Rockets could get Chris Paul.

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Hopefully the trade happens before my funeral.

4. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Do we really need a new thread for this? Why not combine it with the other melo ones?

DonKnock likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Come on, he gave them a bullet point in his FA winners/losers. ;) Credit the Rockets if you'd like. :rolleyes:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19874801/zach-lowe-nba-free-agency-winners-losers

The Clippers reaped a haul for Paul. Credit Houston if you'd like; the Rockets leapfrogged the Clippers in the conference hierarchy, coaxed Paul, and supplied salary-matching contracts when the Clippers were helpless. But L.A. got capable players who double as trade chips. Milos Teodosic, an absolute delight, can play alongside both Austin Rivers and Patrick Beverley. The Clips are also one of many teams that talked with the Celtics about three-team deals in which they would snag one of Boston's cap casualty wings, sources say.

Gallinari is really good, even if he'll struggle to chase wings as he ages. He might have been the best player the Clippers could have obtained without cap space. He and Griffin can run pick-and-rolls together, flipping between screener and ball-handler, and post up mismatches. If you can't compete with Golden State on its terms, you might as well try something different: go big, and bludgeon. (Stop laughing!)

The Clippers could in theory reboot by flipping Jordan for picks, and sliding Griffin and Gallinari up a position. Rivers will have to do that some anyway to maximize Gallinari's value. But that lineup would bleed points on defense, and the market for centers -- even All-NBA centers -- is rough.

don grahamleone and justtxyank like this.
  6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

#fluid #soon #it'sbeingdiscussed #thingschange

FanSince93 and DonKnock like this.
  7. justtxyank

Haha. A bullet point about Chris Paul joining the Rockets in winners/losers article and the bullet point is really all about the Clippers outside of "Credit Houston if you'd like"

LOL

It's too much seriously.

"Credit Houston if you'd like."

Who are the winners and losers in free agency? Well the Rockets added Chris Paul, give them credit if you want to but I'm going to talk about the Clippers for the next 3 paragraphs.

8. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yeah, I saw this garbage. This and other mentions in that article, he seemed to be hedging his bets as far as CP3 and JH12 getting along / making it work. Fair enough (even though I don't see the issue), but seems to me he should just come out and at least say he was wrong in Morey's ability to get CP3. He had a lot of things to say about the Clippers. Even now.

justtxyank likes this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hopefully this trade happens before my reincarnation.

zksb09 and justtxyank like this.
  10. justtxyank

Right?

Look, any time stars pair up you don't know what to expect, but the Rockets added a top 10 player in the league, maybe the best point guard of all time and by most advanced statistics one of the 10-20 best players ever. And the reaction now is "Credit Houston if you'd like."

I can't even think of how to respond to that? I like Lowe and find him informative and entertaining, but that is just baffling to me. The article was about winners/losers and we snagged the player would have been the top free agent available and added an absolutely superstar to our team and we get backhanded compliment one liner in a 3 paragraph bullet point that's really all about the other team.

Hilarious.

11. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Yeah we need barbosa and reliable big man... don't trust Capella or Nene health

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

You guys are taking Lowe's comment out of context. He's saying to credit Houston for the Clippers ability to rebound from losing CP3, not credit them for being a winner this offseason.

IF he has another piece written about the Rockets, as he alluded to in the podcast, it makes sense that he doesn't speak too much about them in the winnners/losers article. Now we just have to find this elusive article.

kingjosh and Daddy Long Legs like this.
  14. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

What year?

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Houston is not moving Asik or Lin. Those are toxic contracts that no one is touching. I don't see how Houston moves them. - Chris Mannix
    Oh, they moved those contracts & signed Dwight? Credit them if you'd like but I don't see how this is gonna work.

Houston doesn't have the room for Chris Paul. They'd just to have to do too much maneuvering to get it done. I don't see. Spurs seem more likely anyways.
    Oh, they got Chris Paul via trade? Credit them if you'd like but I don't see it working out & Chris can be a free agent next year.

:D:rolleyes:

16. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Spurs sign him? "Spurs are going to the Finals!" "Spurs>>GSW"

typical Houston bias

don grahamleone likes this.
  17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Those unathletic fat dorks.

don grahamleone and J.R. like this.
  18. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Media conspiracy @Os Trigonum

19. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I bet he can't get a source within the Rockets and it causes these low key temper tantrums.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

IIRC, Lowe never said it'd be impossible to get CP. His discussions going into the offseason was that he knew Morey is up to chasing some big free agent, it's hard to see how it'd work with no cap space, but he wouldn't put it past Morey to figure out how to make things work.

The reaon why he didn't want to talk too much about CP is that it's been discussed plenty by him and the others since the trade happened.