1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Something to Make You Feel a Little Better…Maybe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jul 14, 2014.

1. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Mark Cuban likes rubbing crap into the collective faces of the Houston Rockets and their fans. Mark says he would have matched Chandler Parsons contract. I say BS.

Mark can talk all of the smack he wants and he can pretend that he would do this or do that but in reality he has no clue what the hell he would do. Maybe he just has revisionist history.

I offer for you, exhibit A:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Dallas Maverick had their own version of the Big 3. All of them were all star players and two of them will be in the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame at some point in the future. Much like Daryl Morey did this past week-end, Mark Cuban made a decision that he thought was best for his team. He allowed Steve Nash to leave the Mavericks without any compensation.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...teve-nash-left-the-mavericks-10-years-ago.ece

[​IMG]

People always think of Steve Nash as the 2 time MVP of the Phoenix Suns but what people tend to forget is that he was a 2 time All-Star with the Mavericks prior to Cuban letting him walk for nothing.

Lets also not forget that Cuban tore apart his 2010/2011 Championship Team for salary cap reasons.

I seriously doubt that Chandler Parsons will ever go on to be an MVP caliber player like Steve Nash did. But even if Chandler does lets not forget that Cuban was able to add Jason Terry to the Mavericks as an after thought of losing Steve Nash. Terry was never as good as Steve Nash but he was clutch as hell and was arguably the Mavericks best or 2nd best player during their play-off run of 2011 that led to an NBA Championship.

Maybe Trevor Ariza will be our version of Jason Terry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Regardless, never let Mark Cuban pretend like he absolutely would have resigned Chandler Parsons if he were Daryl Morey or that it was some simple decision that Daryl screwed up.

4 people like this.
  2. TheMystery008

TheMystery008 Member

Where's exhibit B?

3. sushimaster

sushimaster Member

I don't really feel better, but nice try.

4. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Well gawd dang! Man Cuban looks like the biggest D Bag in those pics

1 person likes this.
  5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I at least thought you would enjoy the pic of Dirk Diggler ridding Mark Cuban like he's the jack-ass he is.

6. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Both photos are incredibly creepy.

7. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

Where is Finley in the second picture? Oh yeah! He must be out of bounds! That rat b*stard!

3 people like this.
  8. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

This pretty much sums this up.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/iK0CH3hA0Go?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. <3myrockets

<3myrockets Contributing Member

Hahaha so true. Thanks crash you're absolutely right...loser Cuban

10. dude1394

dude1394 Member

Yes losing Nash was as bad as losing Parsons imo. You never let a contract go. However Morey is kinda to blame for this as well. It seems he kind of pioneered the use of the poison pill contract. If it had been a normal contract Morey could have matched and then tried to get out of it.

However imo...you ALWAYS match talent, period. I think cuban made a terrible decision on Nash and breaking up the championship team just as bad. Very bad decisions.

Hiring Avery Johnson wasn't much better imo.

11. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

What grown man allows another grown man to hop on his back, unless he's performing a fireman's carry to save his life? That's just r****ded.

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

That's all I think about when I hear his name. My friends look at me funny, only clutchfans understands my pain

13. thedude077

thedude077 Member

To make feel better they better trade for Goran Dragic. He makes this team better than they are now.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Just so wrong. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But so wrong. Yet it looks so normal on them. Do you have to wear the hats while you ride piggyback?

15. Sen89

Sen89 Member

God I hate Mark Cuban

16. Rx1991

Rx1991 Member

I really hope parsons is no better than he was in houston. But I keep thinking he will reach all-star caliber status since he will be one of their franchise players.

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Cuban may have punked Morey but at least we're cooler than the Mavs. Bunch of friggen dorks.

18. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

He will put up a bit better numbers, but I seriously doubt he'll reach all-star caliber status.

19. MD_in_Training

If by punked you mean overpaid for a glorified role player, then yes.

20. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

if parsons makes mvp i'm going to puke