1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Something has to be done about Yao getting More calls

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by drich, Mar 25, 2009.

1. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Yao likes to shoot over the defender with fadeaways and hooks while guys like Shaq/Howard tries to initiate contact going towards the rim.

2. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

If him getting fouled a bit more wiht no calls on offense means he can play proper defense I think its a fair trade. He used to get more fouls down low on offense, but anytime a driver jumped into him it would result in a foul on him. That hasnt been the case durign the 2nd half of the year.

3. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

If you notice most of the players that get a lot of fouls are guards. The issue I have is with guard who throw their body against a big man and the ref blows the whistle.

4. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Thats been cleaned up this year, especially with regards to the bigger centers like Shaq and Yao. Honestly I like seeing a little guy run into the big guy who is rightfully occupying his space and not get rewarded after throwing up a bad shot.

5. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Yao won't get foul calls trying fadeaway reverse layups....like that garbage I saw him throw up against the Jazz. Or by trying to lay it up when he is right at the rim either. You don't have to "clearly" foul to contest those shots. A powerful dunk is a different story though.

That and the fact that Howard can't shoot freebies, as others have mentioned. But still, folks like Howard and Shaq get fouled to stop folks from getting dunked on. Throw your arms up or commit a ot so blatant foul and Yao may miss his lil chip shots near the rim anyway....

6. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Wrong time to whine about the refs. As someone said, they've finally started to call it right when he goes straight up. I feel like he's been reffed pretty fairly over the past number of games, and I hope it continues. He still gets pushed on in the post, but Shaq has had to deal with that for so many years...don't see it disappearing completely.

7. GOAT

GOAT Member

i have read alot of the post on here and alot of them makes a whole lot of sense. My issue still is the fact that Yao does get fouled even on the fade aways. A defender can't have 2 hands in your back which always happens with Yao, this is the reason that his position is not deeper in the paint. When goes up for a shot everyone goes to whacking away at Yao, but I guess it is what it is when you have a gentle giant.

8. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Gentle giant is another way of saying: "Avoiding contact is more important than getting out of the first round to Yao." Those little fade aways and hooks are ridiculous, when he is in dunk range.

9. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

THe reason is that YAo is not an American :D

10. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

the US is a great country that doesn't discriminate any citizen of it, unlike some other nation that sorts its citizens into several different categories. :p

[​IMG] = fail

11. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

It seems ............
    You have to admit THe US does discriminate citizens from other coutries esp from Asia and Africa.
    I agree Birds nest= Fail...... :D

12. jEXCLUSIVE

jEXCLUSIVE Member

Yao Ming is an amazing player but you just can't compare the two, they are just too different.

An F-250 King Ranch pick up truck is to a Peterbilt 379
    As Yao Ming is to this guy...

[​IMG]

13. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

Please tell me how to post pix under Rookie status?
    THanks!

14. jEXCLUSIVE

jEXCLUSIVE Member

"[​IMG]"

15. Marcus Bryant

Marcus Bryant Member

ask Obama or our former secretary of state if he or she feels discriminated. people of minor ethnic used to be discriminated on this continent, but that was many centuries ago, maybe even before ancient china collapsed. :D now all the americans live in a peaceful nation as a family, we no longer judge anyone by the color of his skin or the language he speaks as his first language, the only thing we judge people by is just their capabilities.

plus, we don't have any prejudice upon the foreigners though they are really pretty annoying sometimes. our tradition of kindness and our belief of liberty forces us to treat people equally without any ego, our critism and condemn are mostly kind of suggestion and encouragement, but not malicious censures like what some foreign countries always sprinkle upon us.

16. pretreatment

pretreatment Member

Gree!! :)

17. smallpotato

smallpotato Member

I know more about The US,THX :D

18. jEXCLUSIVE

jEXCLUSIVE Member

Though this topic is not relevant to this thread... What you said may be true about yourself and those people that you know and associate with, it is not true about this country.

19. RareAir

RareAir Member

You tend to get more calls when you're more aggressive. Tough to get fouls called for you when all you do is fade a 20 ft jumpers.

Yao has to start pounding people more and not be afraid to be called for the foul. He admitted it himself, that he eases up on the defense because he doesn't want to get called for the foul.

Bottom line is the aggressor gets the calls. The more you take it to the defense, the more the ref's are inclined to call fouls.

20. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think I'm the only one who got this. Well done. :D