1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Something fishy going on: Will Francis be traded today?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets2003, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Rockets2003

Rockets2003 Member

I have a very bad feeling that CD and Rudy are going to do something today that will change this team. I still don't understand why they would hold a workout for Hilario and Wilcox if they were so confidant they will select Yao Ming. I hope any trade does not involve Francis however. I don't want us to do the same thing that Chicago did last year with Elton Brand. I don't know why, but I have a feeling that David Stern will anounce a big trade involving the Rockets somewhere around the 2-20 picks. A feeling of fear goes down my spine as I think about hearing this: We have a trade to anounce- The Houston Rockets have traded Francis and the 15th pick for ___________. What do you guys thinK.

2. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Ain't going happen but I would do it for Garnett.

3. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

I think you just need to sit on the toilet for a little while and you won't have that bad feeling anymore.

4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I sure as hell hope not!

5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I doubt it would be Francis at this point of the Draft! Possibly someone else.

6. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

This is your brain...

This is your brain on drugs...
    any questions?

7. X-PAC

X-PAC Contributing Member

I would hope not. Took the Rockets quite sometime to finally get that allstar point guard. Steve can't be replaced at this moment.

8. DCballer

DCballer Member

They Better Not, especially since they have marketed this team around Steve, and have already said they would offer him the max.

9. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

Uhh...................No!

10. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

there is a rule, "If you win the lottery for the team that you are representing, you cannot be traded in the first round"

it's a rule really...

...look it up.

11. Apollo Creed

Apollo Creed Contributing Member

Word. Francis has the eye of the tiger at the lottery and closing seconds of a game. Keeper!

12. Ninja Sauce X

Ninja Sauce X Member

People around here need to stop shooting others opinions down. Though I highly doubt Francis will be traded, I also have a weird feeling some kind of blockbuster trade is going down. Its just predraft jitters i suppose.

13. Old School

Old School Member

The only thing "fishy" is the stink coming from these horrible topics.

This has to end.

os

14. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

R2003, there isn't anything fishy about the Rockets working out the top picks. They, and I'm sure most all NBA teams, work out a lot of guys as general preparation for the draft. They want to have whatever information they can have in case something does come up. It doesn't mean they plan on getting any of those guys; they just want to be ready to make a decision if an opportunity arises. For example, what if a supposed lotto-lock takes a dive all the way to 15 (like Q. Woods)? They need to know if he's worth it or if they should be scared by the same thing that scared the other 12 teams.

15. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

I agree with you os. Unless you have true news, don't waste space on the server. It is already slower as is now. Nothing personal, but just try to keep the pointless threads out today.

16. Sphere

Sphere Member

Well Francis HAS NOT signed an extension and he has made it clear that he didn't really want Ming as a Rocket.

He did it to Vancouver, he could do it again to the Rockets. Maybe trading him and getting something in return is better than him playing out his contract and jetting later on.

But he likes his boyfriend Cat to much and wouldn't dear leave him.

17. Puedlfor

Puedlfor Contributing Member

Francis can't sign an extension until October.

18. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

I think he is allowed to sign one on July 1st

19. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Don't forget his other boy toys, Moochie and TMo.

20. jlaw718

jlaw718 Contributing Member

Its typical for teams (especially those holding a top pick) to work out players, even if it does not seem to fit their primary draft strategy. You can imagine that all contingencies must be covered. The adage that 'knowledge is power' holds true: Seeing these players work out not only gives the organization potential draft information, but also allows them better distinguish their talents.

Its not necessarily indicative of anything big, it just can't hurt.