1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Someone's idea for a Rockets uniform I found on the net...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Robert Snyder, Apr 17, 2002.

1. Robert Snyder

Robert Snyder Contributing Member

2. r-fan-since-81

r-fan-since-81 Contributing Member

I like the idea of having Houston on the road Jersey's and Rockets on the home Jerseys.

3. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Contributing Member

Those aren't bad, but I still like this one the best.

[​IMG]

4. Lynus302

Lynus302 Contributing Member

Not bad, imho.

I just want our colors back. I'd also like to see a star incorporated in there somewhere, even if its just a small one like the Mavs have on the backs of their unis.

Am I correct in saying that the Rockets are the only pro team in Texas to NOT have a star somewhere on their uniforms? Every team in Texas should have one, imo.

5. german rocketfan

Hottodie,this are the best ones!!!!

6. Lynus302

Hottoddie -- I like that one, but I still can't stand that Rockets typeface.

7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I'M ALL FOR IT!!!

SIGN ME UP!!!

I'LL TAKE A FRANCIS JERSEY IN THAT NEW/RETRO STYLE, TOO, PLEASE

8. chievous minniefield

chievous minniefield Contributing Member

I like them. I think they look very bold. I hope the guy sends his idea to the Rockets.

I prefer the one Hottoddie posted to the current Rockets jersey, but I prefer the Creamer version to the Hottoddie one [if that makes sense].

9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Those Creamer one's are the best I've seen so far. No offense to the one's posted by BBS members, cause those are great too, but I like how the colors of these new ones aren't as bright red, I like the horizontal stripes, I think it is very soothing to the eyes, a style that could last for twenty years even.

The one thing I don't like - the logo on the bottom of the shorts. I'm fine with having a logo there, but it just doesnt look right. I would keep everything about the jersey but replace the little logo with a small version of this one, which was linked in another thread (by outlaw)

[​IMG]

Take that logo, make it small. On the home jersey, do the H and R in the deep maroon red and the Rocket in yellow. On the Road jersey, do the H and R in the yellow and the Rocket in white.

What do you guys think?

10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

by the way, there was also an alternate version that that guy did that I also like that I'll post here for those who don't click on the links.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

i really like these retro jerseys but i'm not sure about the little squares. maybe a single stripe instead, but otherwise their awesome.

12. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

those jerseys look tight!...love em..did anyone email them to the rockets yet?

13. RocketKid

RocketKid Member

Are you crazy?!?!?!??!?!

That's one thing we should NOT change. The typeface is the BEST! It rocks!!!!!!

14. UTweezer

UTweezer Contributing Member

the type-face/font is cartoonish

15. rockHEAD

rockHEAD Contributing Member

eh... they're ok..
    I'm not ectstatic about them...

I like Rocketeers stuff better.

16. Lynus302

I did. These are super-tight. Love 'em!

17. RNuss02

RNuss02 Member

The new renderings are definitely a step up from the present unis, hwever, they look too much like the colors of the Washington Redskins. That's not bad, accept for the fact that with the stripes on the sides like that, it kind of resembles American Indian warpaint or something. All this is fine with the exception that we are the ROCKETS and don't have a Native American mascot. The retro design works, but I think we need to keep more of a bright red, with the yellow and black, and add just a little flair on the jerseies and shorts that makes a statement that we are in Houston, and we are the Rockets. I like the idea of an alternate jersey (the yellow one is nice).

18. GotGame15

GotGame15 Member

I totally agree, these ones suck.....Rocketeer's stuff are the best.

19. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I'm not to high on these jerseys. Does anybody elsen think that our players would look like an order of McDonald's french fries? The rectangles on the side don't work, but if you take them off, they become the old jerseys minus the logo on the front.

20. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Do any of the rockets have a web site? Somebody ought to e-mail or just mail some of the ideas that have shown up here to the players.