1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Someone told my Mom that shes getting deported soon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by astros123, Nov 9, 2016.

1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

LOL. This is why "people like you" have zero credibility to begin with.

Again, let me know when a presidential candidate in the United States runs on a platform that includes discrimination against people of your skin and religious beliefs. Then we can talk about the extensive amount of racism you've had to face.

JeffB likes this.
  2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You assuming that only certain people can face racism or discrimination, which is entirely based on the color of one's skin, is embarrassingly ignorant. Hopefully one day people like you will die off so that the world can progress.

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Exactly the point.

Racism and sexcism are everywhere, even inside the muslin church, women are also being treated differently as they don't have the same rights as the men to do the simple and basic thing - to pray.

But this is America, this is the place that we SHOULD believe things like this is not ok in our normal life, only ok if you will make your own decision to accept it.

This should be the true value of this nation and it just got shattered yesterday.

malakas likes this.
  4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

You're assuming that I'm assuming that (which I'm not) for whatever weird reason. If you truly faced racism in the way that a lot of minorities have in this country in the past, your tone wouldn't be "grow thicker skin bro!" You'd have a different view on it.

Thus, it's quite apparent whatever racism you've faced hasn't been "that serious" given your lackadaisical attitude towards it.

Hopefully one day pseudo-intellectuals like you die off so that the world wont have to deal with you spamming your opinions everywhere. Another thing, if you'd like be regarded as an expert about seemingly every subject that you have a thought about, at least try to complete some sort of college degree first.

It's really unbecoming to act as pretentious as you do.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I assume but don't know for sure that you're replying to the poster BobbyTheGreatAgain. I'm actually okay with him and read his posts when I'm lurking. Sometimes I agree with him, sometimes I do not, but mainly I don't engage him. Not because I "lose" but because there's no point. He's almost like a bot wanting to beat everyone down with his opinions. It's either, I suspect, that his parents never spanked him and heaped him with undue praise, OR, they spanked the poor kid way too much! :)

Anyway, don't let him get to you. I don't actually think he means any ill. Just who he is, and it's easy to move on and talk to people who actually want to hear from you and engage you. Peace.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So your assumptions are based on me not being a mentally weak whiny millennial about it? That's pretty stupid....but I guess that's what you have to add to the discussion. Fair enough.

7. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I agree with you. I actually don't mind him and think he's an okay guy. Some of his opinions are pretty good takes as well.

I'm not a fan of his dogmatic insistence that he's right about everything and an expert in seemingly every field with life experiences ranging across the entire spectrum of the human existence. I guess I bite on that and shouldn't. Good call!

Have fun on this one bobby.

8. Zergling

Zergling Member

Unfortunately BobbyTheGreat has basically infected every Houston sports blog I read. Thankfully he was banned on Battle Red Blog

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Gotta go through hell before appreciating what you have.

Unless you force yourself to forget 8 years like the Bush Administration and then get suckered by the next lying SOB that promises you greatness.

10. amaru

amaru Member

Sorry to hear that OP. My mother has heard similar statements because she "looks mexican". It's now somewhat acceptable to say these things publicly. Be ready to fight back against the ignorance

11. amaru

amaru Member

Screw them. Don't ever take any goods back to the people that said that. Let them suffer

12. Granville

Granville Member

I agree with this post. I'd also say that the other candidate who labeled Trump supporters as deplorable that you offer the same phrases in support of that unfair characterization.

13. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Obama was constantly on white people and how horrible white people are.
    Some in the liberal party acted this exact same way 8 years ago after Obama won.
    There is nothing new under the sun.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I agree there is nothing new under the sun, since we can look to some dark times in our history (Andrew Jackson, etc.) for the kind of ignorant bullying the OP describes. Is that some reason not to fight ignorant bullying? Don't you want to live in a society that acts better than that? Of course you do.

I have to say though: this myth about Obama "constantly on white people" is something I've never understood, beyond an edited version of reality by your local right wing news source. I never once, as a very pasty white person, felt the president was "on me." He admitted the nation has lingering racial issues, and boy was he ever correct in that assessment.

15. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

The leftists are the ones that telling everyone that Trump is going to deport none whites.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Unless Trump is a leftist then you are in some kind of bubble - because I am pretty sure Trump himself said he plans to deport a lot of people and ban another group.

He fanned the flames of hate, and now the racists are coming home to roost.

17. amaru

amaru Member

Lol wait what?

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

The ignore function is great. I don't even know he exists anymore.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Thankfully Tim can't be a b**** outside of Battle Red Blog.

Anyway, feel free to use the ignore feature if you can't add anything more valuable than that.

20. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I guess this'll be the "Trump supports behaving badly" thread.

My friend recorded this on her way home from work in DC tonight.

Business casual found South Asian man's B.O. to be more than he could handle, went straight to the "This is America, when are you gonna leave?" card. Ugly. Police kicked him out, thankfully.