1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Someone told my Mom that shes getting deported soon

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by astros123, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

To be honest, I have never felt sorry for Hillary.

Not because I believe she is corrupted or anything like Trump mentioned, or one way the other.

To me, she is just another politician, no different than most others.

But then, when she is facing another choice which is obviously anything but what the true American value should be : freedom, fairness, equal and common sense.

And then you start to realize actually there are 50% of the people in this country don't give a shlt about those value but would rather trust some laughable empty promises from a clown.

That forking hurts.

malakas likes this.
  2. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

OP, sad to hear that story and then sad, and not surprised, to see the responses of a lot of white guys in this thread.

"Well, people are assholes." Yes, that's true.

But white men overwhelmingly are a large and powerful portion of the 18% of the American populace that just elected a president who basically insulted every type of human but white men. So, personally, as a white guy, I acknowledge that, and I'm going to be the first to step up and stand up for people like you, because (a) it's the right thing to do, and (b) I think it sends the right message about what kind of society we want and what the bill of rights should really mean to people.

I would appeal to all the board's Trump supporting white men (both public and private) to be the first to step up and say something when you see crap like this over the next several months. If the ******* is 13, 53, or 93, step up and say something. It's as simple as "not cool" or "don't do that" or Granville's favorite, "you're better than that."

Because it's not just a random, typical "*******," it's a product of this campaign. The OP makes that clear. "You're getting deported soon." People are genuinely scared, and white guys can step up and show our most vulnerable people it's not going to head downhill. They are still respected citizens. And more than anything, the assholes who feel like they can belittle minorities, immigrants, or women, need to hear loudly that their act won't play.

3. malakas

malakas Member

There is no difference. Someone who makes racistic remarks IS a racist. It just so happens that all racists are also assholes.

Standing up to those people shows them that their behaviour is unacceptable. Lying down and taking it like a dog? Only encourages them.
    Especially in this case when those who verbally attacked OP's mother are of a young's age and their beliefs can still be salvaged.

4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

18% of our total population voted for Trump. Nearly 30% of our population could have voted but decided to stay home. This is one reason I'm preaching against apathy. If people don't care to vote, at least care to stand up for people who've been insulted continuously during the campaign.

JayGoogle and malakas like this.
  5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

There absolutely is a difference. People who are legitimately racist aren't looking to simply get a rise out of you, they are just racist. People who are just assholes on the other hand....that's their goal and if you give them the reaction they are looking for you are only playing into their hands.

IF the OP's story is true and not made up BS (which is very possible sadly) then it's a story of a little kid that is just intentionally being an *******. If it's a true story, then the kid should be suspended for his actions but it's not a reason to cry in the shower.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Why is that... did you not see the video? As a physician, if your blood pressure is not sky rocketing at the sight of that anti-vaccine pumping b****, I don't know what to say. Medicine is kind of rooted in science and evidence based practice...you know. Not prayers.

8. astros123

astros123 Member

best post in this forum.

Falcons Talon likes this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I've been preaching the same thing about the lack of people that voted. As always with democrats the main problem is getting their voters to actually vote.

10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Mm ok. Let me know when a presidential candidate in the United States runs on a platform that includes discrimination against people of your skin and religious beliefs.

"ignorant beliefs" I'm pushing? Care to point out what I'm pushing exactly?

12. malakas

malakas Member

anyone who will resort to racistic comments to "get a rouse out of you" is a racist. You talk like a racist and act like a racist well...then you are a racist. A person who believes all ppl are equal regardless of race would not throw racial slurs at someone else.
    Because YOU didn't get affected doesn't mean that someone else won't or doesn't have the right to.

I am sorry btw to hear that you face many racial slurs to the point that you don't even get fazed by them.

13. astros123

astros123 Member

no butthurt here, just trying to cheer myself up.

I own a medical equipment company here in Houston and we deliever multiple good to senior citizens in the rural area. (Wheelchairs, hoyer chairs, diabetic testing supplies, etc) I have been delievering goods to people this year and have been flat out asked if im muslim or not and have had been people DENIED my goods even though the doctor has instructed them to simply because of my belief.

You guys who are not minorities have ZERO idea what the reality is nowadays and its very painful.

JayGoogle and malakas like this.
  14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Also most if not all the major metropolitan area voted heavily against Trump, and people with higher and better education tend to do the same.

There is still a hugh divide in our society and somehow the hatred that we want to ignore is not only there, but growing bigger ever day.

Also, not blaming the social media, but it's also a fact that we are living in an era of 'no more hero', it doesn't matter if you are Captain America or Deadpool, as long as you are cool,

I am cool with it.

It's like the culture of a Jim Carey film 20 years ago.

The only difference it's not funny anymore but sad, like the real Jim Carey 20 years later.

15. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I too am a minority...just fyi. And yes...there are racist people in the world.

And as a muslim...you should know that NOT all muslims are treated the same. Pakistani's in an Arab country are crapped on and treated like second class human-beings...

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

LMAO at bobby pretending he's faced tons of racism in his life.

Amazing stuff.

17. astros123

astros123 Member

and who justifies those type of behaviors? I am saying that the saudis and gulf coast countries treament of indians and pakis are right?

malakas likes this.
  18. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I've posted the video of that George Carlin bit like 20 times in my years on this forum.

People need to look to Haymitch for guidance.

19. malakas

malakas Member

What's that has to do with this situation? Are now the new standards of America for human rights, the same as Saudi Arabia's?

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL again, this is how people like you lose credibility.....and you don't seem to realize it.