1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

some thing is wrong.

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Stevie Francis, Sep 10, 2002.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Great move Clutch.

The recent crackdown has been long overdue, especially since the ignore feature no longer eliminates the names of the ignoree's.

Any chance that feature can be brought back so that you don't even see their name at all?

I love the ability to turn off the annoying sig's.

2. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

I hate to get made too. Are you calling the Quality Post Counter machine a liar?

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

LOL! I had no idea that admins had such evil minds...

Can someone run all my posts through the humor detection system and see if I'm really as funny as some people have said? My guess would be no. :)

4. drapg

drapg Member

Why all the hatred against getting made?

Seems to garner a tidy profit for Tony Soprano and the gang.

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Who are all these innocents you speak of, Stevie? Are you the leader of a cult like the Van Buren boys on Seinfeld??

I guess it is safe to say that you are not an English major.

I think that one condition the "quality post machine" looks at is how many spelling mistakes and grammatical errors exist in a post. Go back and read your post again. It is to the point of being unreadable. That is a big part of your problem, right there.

However, I feel that this post is a waste of time, so, I'll cut to the chase....just stop posting altogether. Really, please stop.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

You guys better be careful, You're exposing clique members.

7. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

But you don't have 1000 posts anymore. Once they go through the quality post counter, they do not return. NEVER!!!!!

Remember the little chat we had on page one of this thread, about spelling and grammar. Think about it as you re-read your post above.

8. Sonny

Sonny Contributing Member

Can we have a chart of the Top 100 posters and their quality per post avg or something like that? I am betting some of these 10k guys should get some post waived... ;)

9. fadeaway

fadeaway Contributing Member

For someone who used to get mad at me for correcting others on their spelling/grammar, saying things like "relax, it's just a BBS," I have one thing to say to you, Manny Ramirez:

Welcome to the darkside. What made you come around?

10. Stevie Francis

man you guys are some ass holes

11. Manny Ramirez

LOL...even I have my limits!

Then, why in the f*ck do you still post here, jabroni??

Oh, and you are 3 characters short in that last post.

12. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Yep, if I were you I'd probably just leave. Whats the use in hanging around a bbs loaded with assholes? <-------- please note that it's one word.

13. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

Man, this is one of the funniest threads I've read in a long time. :D

I also cannot stand reading posts with poor grammar and tons of spelling errors. Typos are one thing, but if you just flat out can't spell, then you need to type up your posts on Word first, or do something to make them readable...then maybe people would pay attention to your posts.

And Stevie, you say one of your quality posts was bashing Kenny Thomas...how does that make for quality? Most people could care less if you right a 500 word essay about a player, if it's unreadable and totally one-sided. And if we are "ass holes", then again I ask you (referring to post in "1 question" thread), why do you post here if this impacts your life so much?

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Aren't you guys a little harsh on Steve. Its a freakin BBS. Who the heck cares if he doesnt spell rights. Its his choice. I agree he has an annoying habit of posting one word replies, but he has started to correct it.

15. Manny Ramirez

But 03, he doesn't get it. Clutch pretty much told him, cut and dry, that he was docked for posting 23 or 25 posts in 25 minutes in all different threads, i.e. trying to raise his post count without any substantive posts. What is Stevie's response to Clutch? Does he say, "Oh, I didn't realize. I'll try to tone it down or cut back"? No, he says "I think i can get 25 in 35 minutes, and at the same time i will make very good detailed replies."

Why is it so important to him to post that many times in that short of a period of time? That is what I think everyone in this thread is trying to tell this guy, but it is like trying to listen to Pat Boone sing heavy metal...it isn't working ([size=1/2]for the record, I do not own any Pat Boone records and definitely not one that would be him singing heavy metal![/size]). Plus, it becomes obvious by the length of his posts, what he is trying to accomplish. Maybe, if his posting privileges were taken away for a week or so and all he could do was read, he could pick something up, but then as ty brave would say, "maybe, maybe no."

16. Mrs. JB

Mrs. JB Member

Okay Manny, I've seen you use this word several times recently. What is a "jabroni"? Obviously its some type of put-down, but I've never heard it before. Is this some sort of middle Tennessee slang? I plead ignorance.

17. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

LOL!!! This is the first time in a while I actually laughed out loud reading threads! This is the only board on the net where the moderators are actually entertaining. Manny must live on the same part of the world as me because I've heard "jabroni" a lot.

And Stevie I thought it was the "Clique" *snicker* coming after you, now I realize it's just the hammer. You better chill because I have a feeling you're walking a fine line here.

Yeah, well, at least we're not back down to 500 posts! Keep this up and we'll be calling you "newbie".

[​IMG]

#57 RocksMillenium, Sep 12, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2002
  18. R0ckets03

I think its Tennessean for douche bag. ;)

Anyways, I dont know why I got into this argument. I dont care that much. Steve's post didnt bother me that much. I learned not get into pointless shouting matches after the famous "Brett Favre Sucks Donkey Balls" incident with Hangout Boy. ;)

However, football season has started again......

19. Nomar

Nomar Member

Mrs. JB - Your ignorance of the word 'jabroni' is appalling to say the least. Do you not watch the WWE television programs regularly? If you did, you would know the source of such phrases as 'Know your role', 'If you smell what the Rock is cooking', and 'Turning objects sideways and sticking them up your monkey asses'.

20. R0ckets03

Well speak of the dou...I mean devil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.