1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

some thing is wrong.

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by Stevie Francis, Sep 10, 2002.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Damn, if you're that concerned about your post count on a message board, then you're a pretty sad little individual...

Hey Clutch, you're ugly! (that should get me a 500 post deduction)

Hey Jeff, your breath stinks! (another 500 post deduction)

Hey BrianKagy, past instances in which I professed to like you were fraudulent! (vague Simpsons reference...a ONE THOUSAND post deduction!)

I'll spare everyone the next line in that episode (I had intercourse with your spouse or significant other)...I might get banned if I said that :)

2. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

You do make a lot of spelling mistakes from what I've noticed...why not just use this...online dictionary ...its quick. And if you are too tired to post ,error-free, why not just go to bed? I think the board will make it without your comments like" you guys trip me out.";)

3. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Didn't everyone in your other feedback thread "1 Question" get a post reduction for straying into clique talk. Looks like I lost 100 post for saying 'Mangoloid.' I think we are supposed to shut up in feedback question threads and save clique talk for the hangout.

4. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

You got a 100 post deduction because your post count was getting too close to Jeff's.

5. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

See Steve, that's what happens when you threaten the status of the "Clique". ;)

6. keeley

keeley Contributing Member

Careful, you might just find yourself behind me. ;)

7. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I was under the impression that vague or obscure Simpsons references were worth extra points.

Learn something new everyday.

8. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Uhhh, Clique? What Clique!!?? ;)

9. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Here's the problem Stevie Francis ... I ran all 900+ posts of yours through the "Quality Post Counter". I think a post needs a minimum of 10 characters to even be considered, which didn't bode well for many of your posts.

Anyhow, the final count from the QPC came in as 3 (rounded up).

So I figured that was unfortunate, but didn't do anything about it. Then I saw you posted 23 times in 23 different threads in 25 minutes and I decided to whop off 500 posts just for the hell of it.

Posting to increase your post count sucks. Contribute or stop wasting our time.

Thank you.

10. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Hey Clutch, does that QPC thingie tell you which of his 900+ posts were the three quality ones? Having suffered thru reading most of those posts, I deserve the right to see the famous "3".

11. Nomar

Nomar Member

Ok I have a question.

Is it considered poor BBS form to post after Clutch has laid the hammer down on a post?

12. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

I think if Clutch does not want follow ups, he would lock down the thread.

13. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't want to do this - post with no real reason - but that post by Clutch was one of the funniest things i have read on this BBS.

For whatever it is worth, Clutch, thank you.

14. Stevie Francis

ok i see what you mean. Wow 25 in 23 minutes. Thats is pretty fast. I think i can get 25 in 35 minutes, and at the same time i will make very good detailed replies.

15. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Damn Bob Finn*'s I agree with a smilie must be in big trouble :D

16. Holden

Holden Member

hahahahahaaaahhahahahaaaahhhaaaa
    hahaaaahhaaaahaahahahahahaaahahaaa
    hahaaahahaaaahaaahahaaahaaahhaa
    hahhaaaahahahahaaahahhaaaahhaaahhaaa
    hahahaahahahahahaaaaahhaaaa

:(

17. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

You don't get it, do you?

This is not some game where you get a prize for having the most posts in a certain period of time. Here is an idea of what you could do with your time instead of posting "very good detailed" replies on this BBS:

read a book
    watch TV
    exercise
    work on your homework for your classes
    sleep

Now, I know that I really can't say anything because I post as much as anyone here. However, Stevie, I try to post for the most part stuff that has some substance to it, and keep the one-liners or smilie posts to a minimum. That is the whole reason, I feel, why Clutch docked you 500 posts. Did you not see that he said that you had 3 quality posts out of 900+? That is one out of every 300 posts was judged a quality post. Or to put it another way, that is .33333.... % of the time, you come up with something meaningful to read. That is pathetic. If that doesn't tell you something, then I don't know what will.

Why don't you just sit back, and read the forums (especially the Hangout) and see how people who have been here for a while post. Maybe you will learn something, and then maybe you won't.

I don't hate you Stevie, but I hate 99.666667% of your posts.

18. drapg

drapg Member

3 quality posts out of 900+??? And I thought I could be bad...

Dude, seriously, there has to be something better you can do with your time. I know I'm the last one to talk, but I've got no job and no income, so sitting at home, watching TV, and surfing the web make up the bulk of my day.

But you sound like a youngster. I'm sure there's plenty of basketball to play, girls to chase, homework to do, and friends to hang out with. Have fun in the real world while you're young, before you end up a single, mid-20s single guy whose friends all have jobs and/or families and thus becomes a temporary loner out of circumstance.

Don't worry so much about post counts. Seriously.

19. Stevie Francis

i hate to get mad, but thats BS i made a lot more quality posts than that. Its not fair i have made so many good posts longer than 10 words. Now way this can't be true i've wrote several paragraphs bashing kenny thomas. And praiseing yao ming. And about the storm, that right ther eis more than .3% I think you guys misread that statement clutch made. I go with 3 out of every 10 posts i make are good. Its just not fair, i do not post that many 1 word sentences. NEVER!!! I might be gone for a week just collecting ALL 1000 posts and put it on a thread to prove my innocents. You guys have o idea what type of scale clutch uses. I saw it said a minimum of 10 characters are need for a decent post. God i know more about basketball than half the people here, and i share my knowledge all the time. Yeah i may give short posts to threads that are not that important.

but i know i can't win since i'm one of the most hated people here, because 299 times my posts are shorter than 10 words.

#39 Stevie Francis, Sep 11, 2002
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2002
  20. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.