1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Some Rockets firmly believe that Ilyasova would nicely complement [Howard and Harden]"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We'll take him along with a downside protected first rounder

2. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Anyone know what his contract currently is? Does it maintain moreys flexibility

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think it may run concurrent with Ariza's for about the same money.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

One year, 8Mil left I believe.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

At $8 mil Ersan is a value. Can't believe the Bucks are having trouble moving him. One bad year, that's all (and he was hurt).

I'll say it ...adding Ersan and Ariza makes us a better team than last year.

1 person likes this.
  6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

"Financial Flexibility"

Better get used to hearing those two words when discussing potential trade options.

The only question I have with this type of trade is will Morey opt for financial flexibility for this next upcoming Summer in free agency, or is he ok taking two year deals that he thinks can be easy to move?

So that's the major question with Ilyasova. Does Morey take a gamble that Ilyasova's value increases when put in a lineup with the Rockets where if they needed to move him in a package, or to create max cap space this Summer... could they do it easier than before?

7.9 mil this year, 7.9 mil guaranteed next year, and non-guaranteed in 2016/17. Last year, that's an overpriced contract. This year, if he produces, that might not look so bad.

If Ilyasova was potentially expiring this year, I would think Morey would be all over it. The fact that he's not expiring this year makes me think he's going to opt to not pursue 2 year deals.

However they did sign Ariza to 8 mil a year for the next 4 which leads me to believe that maybe they are open to acquiring contracts that are in this range if they are good players. They obviously wouldn't have signed Ariza if they didn't think they could move him later on so maybe they think the same with Ilyasova.

8. Victorious

Victorious Member

cmon it keeps our "cap flexablility"

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

His contract is partially guaranteed after 2015/2016. And making a trade now doesn't have to be for an elite player if the player coming back can kee your team afloat and help it get deep into the playoffs until they become obsolete either by becoming a free agent or being trade bait.

He's an injury risk IMO but there aren't a lot of other options that would fit under the trade exception we have right now.

10. Edward77547

Edward77547 Member

Let them throw in Carlos Delfino and we will have our backup 3.

11. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Nope he's got 7.9 million guaranteed for the 2015-16 season, not happening fellas. Morey didn't just let Parsons walk to give up on his plan and trade for Ilyasova.

Again anybody we trade for will have to be one of the following

Valuable trading piece
    Expiring
    3rd star

Ilyasova is none.

12. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

**** Morey, take a gamble on a good player will you??

13. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I know people dont like him(not a fan myself), but keep an eye on Brandon Bass. 6.9 and expiring this year. Can shoot from 18 foot but not out to the 3. Good solid defender in the post & rebounder. Can play some backup 5 for you as well.

Not a very sexy name, but he gives the Rockets alot more FINANCIAL FLEXIBILITY by only being a one-year deal & helps more with the Dwight backup situation.

14. Nook

Nook Member

A lot of teams are down on him, viewed as giving inconsistent effort and also there is the fact that he makes $8,000,000 a year for the next two years may make him hard to move.

Also he was epically bad last year... his win share was D-League level.

I will say this, if the Rockets trade for him and his stroke rebounds... the Rockets will have quite the 3 point shooting starting line up with Ariza 41%, Ersan 40%, Harden 37% and Beverley 36%.

15. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

16. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Take a gamble on a GREAT player

A good player that gets us what? Not a championship.

Not an inch closer to the main goal.

17. haydenfisher342

1St nO pick, tjones an dmo for sova and henson

18. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That doesn't fit our plans. Ilyasova is not a valuable trading piece, it's pretty obvious since nobody wants him.

What if Ilyasova sucks again, or get injured this year? And we end up chasing a star in the 2015 free agency. We would then have another Jeremy Lin on our hands, we'd have to first find, and pay someone to take him off our hands. We just gave up Parsons to keep our selves flexible and you guys want to ruin it with Ilyasova? I don't see it happening bro's.

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Is this for real or a joke? I'd be for taking a chance on him if we get something for our troubles. If we have to give up all of our good trading assets, then that would be horrible.

20. Nook

Nook Member