1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"Some Rockets firmly believe that Ilyasova would nicely complement [Howard and Harden]"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 22, 2014.

1. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q23

Also regarding Ilyasova, I'd rather go for defense and try to transform Josh Smith (+Lowry)

Lowry/Bev
    Harden/
    Parsons/
    Smith/Jones
    Howard/

2. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

If it only took the 25th selection, I'd be agreeable. Really depends more on his contract. I'm sure we'll be looking to spend, so that would be the biggest issue is taking on another contract.

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

This is not even close to be being a better lineup than last year's. Not sure how you could justify that opinion, the team would be much weaker defensively (last season's weakness) as well as depth on the bench.

Howard/Asik
    Jones/D-Mo
    Parson/Casspi
    Harden/Garcia/Hamilton
    Bev/Lin

Above roster was much more talented and even better on D. The Rockets best lineup was actually earlier in the season:

Howard/Asik
    Jones/D-Mo
    Parsons/Casspi
    Harden/Brooks/Garcia
    Bev/Lin/Brooks

If Rockets do not trade for another superstar, then it would be ridiculous to trade Asik/Lin for lesser players. Change does not always mean improvement, sometimes a young team just needs time to improve organically. Change just for the sake of change is not progress.

4. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The one elite player that this team really need to add this summer is

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Ersan does fit, atleast non injured version, but man would this be a dissapointing offseason if he was the guy we ended up getting :(

6. Fantasma Negro

Trade for Ilyasova, then trade for Rondo then mle for Deng

7. hooroo

hooroo Member

The Bucks were a "dangerous" lottery team this season. They just didn't have a superstar to consistently finish off games.

They've got so many interesting young pieces who can be of immediate help.

If the Rockets do trade for Ilyasova they should try to include Nate Wolters and Henson.

Wolters could end up being a better 3&D PG than what the Rockets have right now.

http://www.brewhoop.com/2014/1/22/5275028/nate-wolters-larry-sanders-bucks-defensive-splits
    http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/nba/rumors/post/_/id/20416/nate-wolters-underrated-skill
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...t-milwaukee-bucks-rookie-nate-wolters-belongs
    http://www.bucksketball.com/2014/02...nse-of-nate-wolters-and-other-bucks-thoughts/

<iframe class="vine-embed" src="https://vine.co/v/MKXKwB3QrZ3/embed/simple" width="320" height="320" frameborder="0"></iframe><script async src="//platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I'm not sure how well Lowry would respond to a good brining. He's watching his blood pressure I heard.

9. Sanity2disChaos

I think that woul be an exceptional starting 5....you couldn't ask for a better defensive 4in smith...I think jones would be redundant with Smith. I think its Melo or bust and if Melo is not an option then lowry/jones/Milsap/illy/Collison.

10. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Ilyasova is overpaid for what he does, we need a point guard soooo badly, the half court offense is a joke when run through Harden he dribbles the air out of the ball then looks for a ref bailout, chucks a 3, our puts his teammates on poor positions to score at the end of the shotclock so much that its almost comedic. San Antonio just thrashed everyone by moving the ball until a good shot came about, why can't the Rockets take notice and try something similar instead of alternating isos between Harden and Howard. All that's missing is a real coach, heady point guard, and more depth role-player wise (which does not include an 8 mil/yr spot-up shooter).

11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

^ Sorry for typos, wrote on phone.

12. RollingWave

RollingWave Member

I think all these folks clamoring for Ersan havn't taken a peek at what he did in 13-14.

To say that it was a "disappointing" season is a pretty gigantic understatement. in the neighborhood of saying Kevin Durant had a "solid" season.

He has 2 really good reason crammed between 2 terrible once, so I guess folks decide that in trading Jeremy they must fill the "super inconsistent" role with whoever that replace him.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

If the Rockets are going plan "C", I would rather they look at Paul Milsap. His contract ends in 2015 which adds talent AND keeps options open.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It seems to me that DM has put this information after hearing bad news.
    Melo seems to be going to the Bulls. LBJ is a very, very long shot. Love isn't interested in us at all I think.
    DM has to make wise decisions that won't harm us.

15. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Really wish we made a play for him at the deadline.

16. langal

langal Contributing Member

Not sure if that team is better. Might be the worst pg rotation in the league and DMO as backup center scares me. I think losing Asik hurts our defense more than Green would help it.

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Need more than that we are trying to win the nba championship not the euro league championship. Spurs have Duncan/Lenard/Parker/Ginobli... Thunder have Durant/westbrook/Ibaka/Jackson... Clippers have Paul/Griffin/Jordan/Crawford. We need Lebron or Melo/Howard/Harden/Parsons. If you want to add this guy to the Bench cool...

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

We must have the Turkish James Franco to pair with the Turkish Judge Reinhold ;)

19. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

Ilyasova's percentages took a big drop last season to 40% and 28% on 3s. He is only a good fit, if he can be that stretch 4 for us - and 28% won't cut it. And he is not cheap.

Millsap would be the best non star 4 - he has one year left on his contract, but he wouldn't come cheap. He was arguably the Hawks best player last season.

Like some people have said before, if we can't get one of the big 3 (LeBron, Melo, Bosh), we should try to get Millsap and Lowry. This is a championship lineup:

Lowry/Beverly
    Harden/Daniels
    Parsons/rookie
    Millsap/TJones
    Howard/DMo

20. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Would be a disappointing plan C unless he seriously bounces back. For those clamoring for defense you could likely nab Larry Sanders from the Bucks along with Ersan for next to nothing.