1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Some positivity

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by arno_ed, Jun 16, 2017.

1. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

When I hear people talk about people with different ideologies or I watch talking heads on TV there is no nuance anymore. The other groups are idiots, uninformed or just plain evil. They use terms like Libtards and Trumpanzees. In all that negativity I wanted to make a thread were we also recognize that the other side are also people who are not evil incarnated. They also have positive sides. Furthermore the group of people from the other political ideology are also individual people and are not identical.

So I wanted to start a positive thread in which we say something positive about the group of people you disagree with the most. Of course we still generalize the entire group, but at least we do it in a positive way:D .

I will start:
    Trump Voters: They wanted to change a political system which I also believe is broken.

Conservative religious people: Many of them do volunteer work and donate to charities

Hakeemtheking and daywalker02 like this.
  2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

I have no problem with wanting change, but electing Trump as the person to do it is where I got lost.

edwardc likes this.
  3. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In an era of apathy regarding American elections, Trump supporters cared enough to go out and vote and take an interest in bringing about change.

Astrodome likes this.
  4. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Amiga and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. TheresTheDagger

Good thread.

My fellow countrymen on the other side of the fence politically are deeply passionate about human rights and insuring all men receive the promise of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

6. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I think Liberals are very passionate. Many on this forum are unshakeable and have elite levels of perseverance.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Imagine how passionate and unshakable one is in their paradigm if they still at this point believe that Trump is competent and intellegent at his job.

I think Trump apologists fit your description the best.

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

You may be right as well. Maybe we are both right.

9. fchowd0311

Which premise do left leaning posters on this board defend ademently that is so absurd and irrational to defend? I don't think it's the same.

I don't want to turn this thread into a thread of false equivalencies.

10. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Where did I say anything about absurdity or being irrational? Lets keep this thread positive.

11. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Ted Nugent no longer wants to shoot the President and now believes in friendly political discourse.

B-Bob, fchowd0311 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. fchowd0311

By making a backhanded complement about liberals?

13. arno_ed

Wow I knew our world and our countries are divided. But so far very few have been able to say something positive about the groups they disagree with.

I will give another example.
    PVV voters: Many do care about the elderly and want us to invest in the care of our elderly.

14. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Do you mean PVC voters? They tend to be more flexible than the lead pipe variety.

15. arno_ed

:D
    Unfortunately no... If you have never heard of the PVV consider yourself lucky.

B-Bob likes this.
  16. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

You are easily offended if this got to you.

Happy fathers day either way!