1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Some people still believe the earth is flat?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by CountyClerk, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GbizzLzcpnM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GbizzLzcpnM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Why is the world cold in the center, progressively warmer to the middle band and then colder again until the freezing cold edge? What's the relevance of the equator? Why is there so much rain in the middle band? Why do there tend to be deserts in two bands on either side? Why is cold on the outer band when its hot on the inner band, and vice versa? Why do toilets flush the other way in Australia? So many unanswered questions!

I can't help but think anyone who joins this particular conspiracy theory actually needs psychological help.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

and what about digging to china??? you can't do that anymore if there's a flat earth. stupid dummies!

4. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

[​IMG]

If its round, then why are all the pictures so flat?

[​IMG]

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

If it were flat, you should be able to see every continent in a picture like this instead of just the Americas. I guess the flat earth people think such photos are fake.

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I'd be curious to hear from some of our usual conspiracy theorists.

By the way, where would the hollow earth inhabitants live in a flat earth?

7. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Its like a coin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

[ZOOLANDERish]WHAT?!?!?! How can it be like a coin?!?!? :rolleyes: We'd all be very small and fit onto a coin??!?!? Don't give me that![/ZOOLANDERish]

:D Ok, Ok, if it's flat, I would probably accept more of a photo like the "Azimuthal" one:
    [​IMG]

Or a DOUBLE-SIDED coin like this one:
    [​IMG]
    :eek: