1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Some overall thoughts and the Denver game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jtr, Apr 7, 2014.

1. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

This! DVR your game of thrones and watch the game in real time!

Rockets over everything.

2. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Spoken like a true rocketman...;)

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No. But Howard and Asik has about 70% of overlapping values. Asik can do everything Howard can on defense and on rebounding.

The thing is, trading Asik gets you less than 70% of trading Howard. From the value point of view, trading Howard gives you more overall value than trading Asik. If you can trade Howard to get a PF who has more offensive skills than Howard (someone like Love or Aldridge), then playing that guy alongside Asik would give you a better front line than playing a mediocre PF alongside Howard.

4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I agree 100% with everything you said! What I'm SMH over is the value put on Howard. A high draftpicK? That's it? No mas? Wow, I think he's worth a little bit more than that.

#44 BamBam, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
  5. yummyhawtsauce

Most surprising and awesome play by asik of the night was his Dunk, that was the most athletic thing I have seen him done and I was pretty happy for him.

I think Asik is getting into his groove, and this playing time for him is important. I always though this FT was 'decent' for a person who shoots so badly at the line, but I always thought his FT would improve over the season for some reason. He was terribel earlier post injury coming back, but he hasn't shot them in awhile. He seems much more comfortable at the line now, but I have to say, I wonder if he feels tremendous pressure making each one cuz the face he makes kind of makes me laugh. He sucks in a huge breath before taking each one lol.

Asik has alot of fire too.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dude,

If you have HBO, then you get HBO GO for free, you can watch GOT anytime.

plus you can DVR it if you have a DVR.

Lame excuse, you need to be sent to the other side of the wall

7. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

apparently his reverse jinx worked. good job.

8. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

LOL. No DVR but I do have league pass. It was a GF decision. And they always decide.

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I mean if you could trade Howard for LMA or K Love, then yeah, you're absolutely right. Would be a no brainer.

But neither of those teams would make that trade because they know that Howard would want to bolt faster than either of those guys. Not to mention how bad it would look that we got Howard to sign here as a fa when could have gone anywhere - it might scare off fa's from signing with Morey again.

10. hardenisaboss

hardenisaboss Member

Game of Thrones Fan + Rockets Fan = Amazing Person

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Jtr I had no other choice but to watch Game of Thrones last night. Due to working out of town and having direct tv on location. But I followed the game online and caught the highlights on NBA Gametime.

12. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

The best part is that he doesn't really celebrate. Just walks away all beard.

13. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

I came to this tread and became sick when you said you watched GOT over Rockets. That's something you should never say. :(

I always DVR Walking Dead eps, never watched them on top of my Sunday Rockets games lol.

Now that's out the way, I agree with what you are saying. But I don't think Bev and Dwight should come back till playoff time. More rest the better.

14. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

And I'm about to start game of thrones, season one, episode one. Hype finally got me.

15. adobo

adobo Member

Don't watch any trailers (like I did for season 4) which kind of ruined some twists for me.

I guess we won't see you for 2 weeks (that's how long it took me to watch all 3 seasons).

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

It is certainly worth the time. And for all of you others, I do not have a DVR but I do have league pass. And a girl friend who does no hear no well.. ;)

17. AVoiceInACrowd

I tend to agree with a lot of you opinions. Because it usually coincides with my philosophy in giving everyone on the team the benefit of the doubt.

But, what I'm curious about is how big a fan of GOT are you. Can you name your top 40 favorite characters without looking on the net? :grin:

18. dlite316

dlite316 Member

that play reminded me Yao's behind the back dribble fast break...

19. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Guys I like GOT as much as the next guy (have read the books years ago, and watch the show) but shall we keep the GOT talk to the Hangout:grin:. I can't believe I had to say this, normaly Jememy Lin will dominate every discussion (even if he has nothing to do with it), but now it is GOT.

20. RCPM

RCPM Member

Grow some ballls...