1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Some Muslims outraged that Swiss airline refers to its own logo in marketing campaign

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by AroundTheWorld, Oct 22, 2012.

1. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

How does someone's opinion on an internet forum become a topic in a news article? Even if the feeling was agreed by several people in a forum, does that really justify the article? I do not believe that an internet forum on any level justifies the consesnus of any group. (Clutchfans incuded:p) I'm just happy to see that America isn't the only country doing ridiculous stories based on social media sites. Hearing news anchors quote facebook posts and tweets kills my soul just a little bit every time.

2 people like this.
  2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The last time I flew the airline, and it wasn't my first flight with them, they went by this moniker:

[​IMG]

I have to say that they were a superb company, considered one of the best airlines in the world. My guess is that this incarnation still fits that description. What's wrong with the logo? Yes, the history of the origin of the Swiss flag is steeped in Christianity. The country was a part of the Holy Roman Empire before it gained its independence. What does that have to do with the cost of eggs in Chicago, or the price of tea in China? In other words, why should anyone care? I'd fly them again in a New York minute. Am I missing something?

3. Dei

Dei Member

They need to be whacked on the side of their heads, then, because that's wrong.

4. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

completely different airline. swissair was indeed superb. swiss intl is a piece of ****...

5. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Watch and learn. See why Europeans are starting to become fed up with Islamic migration.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JbPmSDnvCL4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I feel sorry for the Iraqi family that came to Europe for a better life.

What Europe will become. (statistically Speaking)

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sYtMjEiIcbE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Well, that's a hell of a note! Thanks for the heads-up, pip.

7. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Probably thumb prints on an ID or body scanners. I'm guessing the oil capital of the world figured out how to let Muslims in a while ago.

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

it's a common theme across much of europe....sadly SAS has gone the discount route as well and service is atrocious or simply non-existent now (i imagine you know how good they used to be from your connection to sweden)

9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sorry Pip, this is simply not true. I fly Swiss all the time. The general consensus among people who fly Swiss and LH is that Swiss is clearly better - especially the premium product. Swiss is simply the successor to Swissair (which went bankrupt).

SQ or CX are obviously better, but the new C at LX is fully flat and the LX lounges in ZRH are very good.

LX is not really comparable with SK, SK indeed went the discount route (no catering intra-Europe, etc.), LX did not (although all intra-Europe flights of all airlines basically don't really do anything special anymore in C, because the flights are so short).

What flights did you take with them, and when? You might have had the old business class, or some intra-European flight?

10. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I couldn't have said it better.

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

12. IzakDavid13

TV Host Yahya Abu Zakariya speaks some truth about Islam in Europe and then gets 'mathloomed' by his guest...

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/LEnyaxAsqtM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

At least they both agreed on one thing...their desire to bring down America.

#52 IzakDavid13, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  13. Master Baiter

This post is exactly what bigtexxx was talking about.

1 person likes this.
  14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Exactly. Mathloom once again "lowered the veil", so to speak. This post should be getting a lot more attention, as it shows his true colors. But our resident leftists are of course happy to pretend it didn't happen.

Mathloom at least once posted here explicitly that he used to think for a long time that a non-Muslim's life was worth less than a Muslim's life, but now he doesn't anymore.

The question is 1) why did he think that before and how endemic it is to people from his background to think like that and 2) regarding him, personally - has he really stopped thinking like that?

I don't think he has.

15. Master Baiter

I'm about as leftist as they come. I just see no reason why immigrants do not adapt to the country that they chose to live in. A lot of Muslims seem to not grasp this concept.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

put him on the no fly list.

17. IzakDavid13

He is just following the teachings of the Quran that clearly states that Muslims are the best of people, (3:110, 98:7 for context of the next verse) and non-believers are the worst of creatures, (98:6).

18. IzakDavid13

He already is.

:grin:

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

hey det, you are right about SQ & CX being the cream of the crop...along with BA first

but i'm pretty sure that LX is not simply the successor to swissair, which was basically liquidated after bankruptcy and partly sold to crossair, which itself was taken over by ubs/credit suisse......crossair then changed names to 'swiss intl'....in any case, LX definitely bears no resemblance to swissair, which was on par w/ SQ & CX imo

the last time i flew LX was in 2009, on one of their new 330's ZRH-DXB business (F wasn't even offered on that flight)....it was supposedly their brand new cabin layout at the time, with that wooden table on the side and hard seats that didn't go completely flat.....prior to that i flew with them F in 340's JFK-ZRH and ZRH-PEK, which were the outdated layouts without even usable IFE.....also flew them at least a 1/2 dozen times intra-europe.....service was inadequate on ALL legs :grin:

it could be they've improved since then though....i'll keep your comments in mind next time i go thru ZRH

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

No offence taken, since your view in this respect is irrelevant. Just like if I say you have no idea about Europe it wouldn't matter. Even though I'm certain I've been there, lived there, have friends and family there, speak the language and interact with more people from Europe than you ever have, it's all irrelevant.

Your aspirations may be noble, and I too hope that appropriate multiculturalism prevails.

But the reality, as I've learned from many on this board, is that respect is earned and not a legal requirement.

While I may dislike the behavior of the immigrants, I also dislike the behavior of xenophobic Swiss people. But it doesn't matter what I like. It doesn't matter what you like. People of Swiss origin and nationality don't care about it either: they merely pursure their self-interest within the legal boundaries of the law. They try to pay the least tax they can legally pay. They try to make the most money they legally can. They say whatever is within the boundaries of free expression laws. All of these in accordance with self-interest.

This is what these Muslims are doing too. It's their right. Are there requirements over and above legal requirements? No there are not. What you're asking for is that they act in accordance to someone else's moral standards over and above the law. This is a form of discrimination.

If this was a murder, then fine. If it was theft, fine. If it was the horriffic building of a FIFTH MINARET in Switzerland, then fine. It's not. These are complaints against a business. The business accepted the complaint. The business will make a business decision.

This may surprise you, but business don't give a damn about the Muslim religious beliefs anymore than they give a damn about yours. They care about money. This is about money. Not culture. Not tolerance. Not harmony. Not good-hearted business. Just profit margin. Money. Bottom line.

Telling someone NOT to complain about things which YOU arbitrarily find to be intolerant but legal? Get the hell out of here. You are talking about a country where neo nazis are in the mainstream parties and I say this again and again to illustrate the point: THEY BANNED MINARETS. Why on earth would anyone ban minarets? It is a move that can only be seen as symbolic - since it has no utility, no reasonable purpose, does not reduce harm to anyone, does not increase the freedom of anyone, nothing. The minaret ban was one of several shots fired telling the legal immigrants that dirty but legal games are on the table, and that this is a country where self-interest takes precedence over cultural harmony. The intolerant of the immigrants wil obviously react.

I won't even hold you to the fact that Swiss businesses cater to Muslims not for the Muslim immigrants, but for the rich Muslims of various ideological beliefs who fly in and out and purchase homes there and hide their money behind the impenetrable private banking curtain.

When you're ready to talk about legally intolerant immigrants and legally intolerant native Swiss xenophobes as ONE group with the same ideological problem, then we can talk about the next step of: which kind of behavior is conducive to societal/cultural harmony.

Till then, you are merely discriminating against one group. Europeans can be fed up with immigration as much as they want, it remains legal, and businesses/people of all types are free to pursue their legal interests whatever they may be. Don't like it? Shutdown immigration. Don't think it should be allowed? Make it illegal. It's a free country.