1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Some homeless dude covering Radiohead's 'Creep'

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Landlord Landry, Dec 13, 2009.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

creepY

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gmFIUB-5d00&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gmFIUB-5d00&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

2. Hmm

Hmm Member

good god.. now you're behaving more like the child that tugs away at it's parent's pant-leg demanding a response "more viable" "in the context" of it's irrational demands.. unsatisfied with the reality of the factually indisputable answer that the toy in the store it seeks to possess, can't be obtained without money.. to which there is none..

no, it insists from it's irrational "point of view".. that it's all a matter of simply not trying hard enough to appease it's "unreal", as in completely-out-of-the-realm-of-reality "unreal" desires..

3. Landlord Landry

look at your own assertion, you faching tool.....

now, I'll try to speak to you at the 5 year old level at which your brain operates....

do.....you......know......how........to........count........???

your fail is reaching astronomical levels.

it's self pwnge at it's finest.

count dude. count.

and again, you have still not made a single shred of viable evidence as to why my claim of this bum's rendition being unreal.

dance gavin dance. (indie reference moes....scoreboard?)

4. Hmm

Hmm Member

the panicked ramblings of a desperate madman.. note how it's brain reverts to it's most confident point in life.. high school..

5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iNAf5oRVHoE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iNAf5oRVHoE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

THIS was unreal imo...

6. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

Jason Mraz is the master of covers. He makes unbearable songs sound amazing. also covers classics..

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUWP9-L62l0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUWP9-L62l0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xael72-EoJg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xael72-EoJg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

7. Landlord Landry

can.you.count?

please dont tell me a simplistic request can boggle such an educated mind like yours.......

still waiting for a direct challenge.

btw, I am also fluent in 1337 speak, if you choose to go that route.

8. Salvy

Salvy Member

hmmm?
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xXxvsShaAoA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xXxvsShaAoA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. Hmm

Hmm Member

it'll be all right, Landlord Landry.. I hear these episodes of psychosis can linger on.. but they all inevitably come to an end.. we'll all pretend none of this occured afterwards, however, just for your benefit..

here's a nice light Simpsons reference to help you along to a more soothing calm after the crash.. "Yes, Mr. Sherman.. everything stinks."

10. Hmm

Hmm Member

would Landlord Landry happen to be asian..? was this all a ruse.. to deter future criticism of his own inadequate singing..? oh, you clever trickster.. you had me going for a while..

11. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

not as good as a Fatty/Batman dance off, but it'll do...

12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

Fatty vs Manny or Batman got way too personal and the posts were incredibly long essays. I like this short succinct "you're an idiot", "no you're the fool" squabbling because everyone gets the idea that they're both idiots without having to hit Page Down 3 times.

13. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

I'm not imagining this right? I mean, it is late and all. Landlord Landry and Hmm are really having this ridiculous-ass argument? Jesus.

Okay then...

[​IMG]

14. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I came to the BBS Hangout and an episode of Dawson's Creek broke out.

15. Hmm

Hmm Member

did you just admit to knowing what an episode of "Dawson's Creek" looks like..?

16. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

there's only one thing that really needs to be said in this thread:

O&A PARTY ROCK!!!!!!!!!

linger longerrrr

17. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I actually listen to the Opie & Anthony show on a regular basis. They have a lot of homeless people on their show. A lot of times it might just be to mess with them and/or get them drunk so they say ridiculous things. Over time, they've become friends with a few of the homeless people and help them out when they can. They have a "Homeless Shopping Spree" most years around Christmas time where they take a bunch of homeless bums on a bus to a really nice mall in the NYC area and broadcast it. They usually give them a gift card with money on it so they can buy whatever they want. The homeless people usually buy clothes and stuff, but sometimes they will just use it to get drunk.

Anyways, one of the hosts of the show is friends with a cop that helps the show find new homeless people. Apparently, fourteen hours before this performance, the guy was getting arrested and was out of his mind drunk. The homeless guy, named Mustard, said he has a lot of mental problems and drinks a liter of vodka every day.

The guitar isn't his...they went and borrowed it from another show. He also did two original songs that were very good, if not better, than his cover of Creep.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

he sounded like a homeless guy playing a song to me

19. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I'm all for homeless musicians. I was taught by one and briefly WAS one, but I can't say I was overwhelmed by the Radiohead cover. I certainly have much more respect for him though than most of the songs posted in the other thread about Rolling Stone's top 100 of the decade. I sure as hell don't think I'm any better than he is and see no reason to begrudge Landlord Landry for liking it.

The reason I say that is, the best singer I ever heard was homeless, too, and I'm sure most people wouldn't agree. :grin: He'd been living on the street for 18 years in my old neighborhood in LA. If any of you ever lived in Koreatown/Downtown LA in the 80's or 90's you probably saw him shining shoes on Wilshire Blvd. He and maybe one or two others of the many homeless in that area were one of the only ones I met that were coherent enough to have a conversation. And he never asked for money. Ever. He asked for day labor or shined shoes. I based a character loosely on him in my first book. He taught me how to sing.

He mostly shined shoes and sang to people to draw them in. His main thing was gospel and musical stuff like Showboat, but he did everything. Blues, jazz, old rock, even did some really killer country songs. To this day I still play Fulsome Prison Blues the way he taught me to sing it. His thing was always about "finding your own voice" and that was the song I think I found mine with.

Years later, and after a long stint in a special halfway house/rehab thing for veterans, he told me he supported a $200 to $300 cocaine habit a DAY on the street. He claimed he ended up there after a huge binge after his wife died and couldn't deal with it.

He was saving his money to buy a ticket back to Columbus, Ohio to reunite with his family that he had been out of contact with for the 2 decades he spent on the street. The story went, his son was raised by his mother and had graduated years before with a music degree from Purdue. He started a gospel company in Ohio that did tours in the midwest, and asked his father to join him.

Rather than wait for him to raise the money shining more shoes, I bought him the plane ticket. I felt I owed him, anyway. He said the last time he was in a plane it was to fly back to LA from a tour he went on with Marvin Gaye. He was very confused by the airport and all the post 9/11 security screening stuff and didn't understand why I couldn't walk to the gate with him.

1 person likes this.
  20. Summer Song Giver

mo better

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pPDhGbsVhJc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pPDhGbsVhJc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>