1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Some behind the scenes after the Hornets game pictures

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oomp, Mar 9, 2008.

1. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

I got the opportunity to take a behind the scenes tour of Toyota last night after the game. I got to talk to Matt Bullard after he had finished his tv segment and see the players on the way out after the game in the tunnel but pictures were a big no-no, so I didn't take any. We saw the press room, media area, the production offices, loading dock, and control rooms below. I did get to take some pictures after the place had cleared out - enjoy.

Rocket Launch before game

[​IMG]

Power Dancers

[​IMG]

This is after the game standing at center court looking up at the bottom of the jumbotron. You can see the bottom of the rocket and the strobes covered in gel that create the "fire" effect when the rocket takes off. You can also see the speakers that are for the court.

[​IMG]

Most everyone has filed out by this point. The black mats on the floor were for people who lined up after the game to take free throws. There were lines on both sides of the court filled with people right after the game. The crew is preparing to take up the floor for an areos game tonight. It will take about 6 hours to change the arena over. (Dumb Sidenote: the floor has not been polished since the streak began. If you look, you can see how dull it looks compared to normal.)

[​IMG]

We got to see the big suite up top which was originally meant to hold hockey press for NHL, but went mostly unused until the All Star game. We then saw the booth where all the controls for the jumbotron and 360 ring are located. We then went to the cat walk and wet up over the court. Here are a few shots from up top. The third shot is a look back at the booth area.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We sat in one of the suites before leaving and watched the crew begin to take the court apart.

[​IMG]

It was a great day. A fantastic win followed by a rare tour of the place.

Go ROCKETS!

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Those are neat pictures.

3. kwng

kwng Member

Great pictures!!

4. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Those are really neat pictures, but I am afraid I'd lose my lunch if you got me out on the catwalk above the court.