1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Some beef between Tmac and Yao?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rfila, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rfila

rfila Member

Obviously, there is a perception that something is wrong between Tmac and Yao. Whether or not Tmac did tell Yao he would be "iso-ed",many Chinese fan are not happy with what they see. I was surfing the Sina board and some fans claimed Tmac was "iso-ed" by Chinses fans: many of them who intially voted him for the ASG switched to vote for AI the last two weeks. Some are not even AI fans, they just wanted to vote him to replace Tmac.

This is very sad indeed.

Whether the rumor is true, the honey moon is definitely over from what I see. I remeber the first couple of years, Tmac used to talk a lot of positive things about Yao after we won a game and Yao had a good game. Tmac was probably also one of the first to claim Yao be the best center in the league. I haven't heard Tmac talk much about Yao since last season. And the body language shown on TV right before the game(the routin hug etc.) and on the court seems change a lot too. Yao seems to be very carful and always go up to Tmac for a hug and Tmac seems also very carful not to dissapoint Yao and the audiance. But the passion are no more shown when they hug or after they make a big play.

This thread is kind of gossip like in some sense. But it is not at all what I intend to do. I am just worried as a Rockets fan. I hope they are both grown men, they are both professional players and they can deal whatever happened and do what is the best for the team. I also hope all the people around them(coach,players)can work together and make sure we have the chemstry we need to make the play off and get out of first round.

2. azoghbi

azoghbi Member

this is what we call creating something out of nothing. they are fine, lets focus on beating portland rather than stir up controversy where there is none.

3. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

Well this is some pretty stupid stuff to bring up b/c there is no evidence of them hating/ not getting along with each other...but even if they are not getting a long it sure as hell does not show on the court...look at the way Tmac and Yao played with each other down the stretch...tmac passed it to Yao down the stretch so he obviously still has trust in him.

4. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

your post had nothing to do with your title. basically, the sina board just has chinese fans hating on tmac based on the chinese papers trashing tmac, who are probably the same chinese fans on this board hating on him calling him names like McLady :rolleyes:

yao has zero problems with tmac. never had, never have, and never will.

5. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Yao and McGrady ran the pick and roll off one another pretty flawlessly the few times they ran it consecutively in the 2nd half. I didn't see any isolation from either of them. In fact when they were running the PnR together, often times it resulted in an open mid range jumper for McGrady, or a 5 foot lay in for Yao that forced Collison, Wilcox, or Petro to hack him or let him get an easy bucket. I don't think there's any bad blood between the two. I think its more about adjusting to the offense and finding a way for both players to get their touches while letting the teammates still run in the flow of the offense. It's a transition everyone is going through as the season goes on.

6. rfila

rfila Member

I am not creating anything. I just talk what I see in a fan forum and I show my concern. Some damage was there already. Do not tell me Tmac won't care at all about the dramatic change/outcome of the ASG voting. I hope eveyone face the reality not just pretend nothing happened.

7. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

The hugging ritual was getting kind of creepy anyways.

I think once the Rockets start winning again all those Chinese fans that hated on Tmac will jump back on the bandwagon.

8. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

what does yao have to do with it? he's going to blame yao b/c chinese people won't vote for him? did yao tell each of them to NOT vote for tmac? tmac was too injured this year. and with his talks of NOT wanting to play in the ASG a week and a half prior to the voting ended, that may have been the main cause (or it could also been rigged by david stern to avoid any controversy about picking a replacement).

so yes, you're making something out of nothing.

yesterday, yao said tmac "saved the team." that's as great of a compliment you can give to a player for his clutch play.

durin the game last night, tmac dished to yao for 2 dunks. now that's a guy looking for his favorite target.

9. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Just let this thread die. If there's a legitimate rumor out there that's one thing. This, on the other hand, is pure unfounded speculation.

10. oneonepyopyo

oneonepyopyo Member

I think this is just a tale of a tub. I mean, C'mon, they are grown men but not 5-years-old boy scouts. How many years they have been playing in the league? For a guy staying in the league for such a long time, it is really hard to believe that they want to tear each other apart and leave the team's interest behind. And where the hatred came from between them???

For Christ sake, I just dont believe and will not believe it. :mad:

11. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

So basically you assume the 100,000 difference in votes were all due to Chinese fans votes?

You should have known that Iverson has some significant fan base in China too.

I didn't vote for TMac too because he is hurt and I think the rare chance for rest during ASG weekend is what he needs most at this very moment.

12. rfila

rfila Member

You do not get it, do you?

About ASG voting, it is indeed about what fans perceive not what actually is. But that perception comes from what fans see and it is not entierly due to media. And I do not beleive media always creat something out of nothign either. You have to be blind not to see some change the past four seasons if you watch the team long enough and pay attention.

I am not suprised Yao said Tmac "save the team". But when was the last time you hear Tmac say something like that about Yao when Yao actually did?

Of course it is not that bad to the extent that they just ignor each other, that won't happen, coach won't allow that happen. But I am here talking about chemistry.There is something subtle in chemistry can work both way for the team and yet only players themselve know it.

13. krockets

krockets Member

Man, you are making two questionable assumptions here:

1) You assumed many Chinese who vote for AI are because they hated Tmac
    2) You assumed these group of Chinese are the reason Tmac didn't making the starting of the ASG

My question though, how do you prove these assumptions are true? From Sina? Or you actually interview all Chinese who voted for AI?

14. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

You echoed my post earlier and there's a third question too:

3) You assumed TMac fans or Chinese fans don't vote for him were simply because they hated him.

Where many Rockets fans, including me, just want him to rest since he is injured.

15. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Dude wtf? TC is making them sound like a celebrity couple. They are professional NBA athletes, who cares if they dont like each other as much

16. rfila

rfila Member

I did not assume the 100,000 difference in votes were all due to Chinese fans votes.

If you have some knowlege about statistics and probability you should know there is a force behind for such dramatical change. It has little to do with Iverson has some significant fan base in China because if the AI fans keep voting for AI and Tmac fans keep voting for Tmac, both votes increase and the difference just getting bigger.

Since it is election year, you might as well just pay a little attention how CNN project the winner.

17. landoo

landoo Member

i am from China.

Many of Chinese Fans love Rockets, also Yao and Tmac....

We would like both of them can be the first five All star game

:rolleyes:

But perhaps Tmac have hurt some days is the reason

and many other players did well in this series

just like Nash,Paul, and AI....

18. Hydhypedplaya

Hydhypedplaya Member

what a stupid thread

19. rfila

rfila Member

I beileive it is part of the reason, not the reason. Since you are from China, can you honestly tell us if Tmac's popularity has dropped? and for what?

20. rfila

rfila Member

Sorry, truth hurts.

I would rather it is not true, but I just can not fool myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.