1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Solomon] Yao has to lead Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets Jones, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Rockets Jones

Rockets Jones Member

2. shioew

shioew Member

Yes, thats excetly what he need to do in the rest of this season

but its posted for times, hasnt it??

3. Badrose

Badrose Member

4. bbjai

bbjai Member

This is why we miss T-mac

He was easily the best passer to Yao by a long way

and then so was Rafer Alston

5. kaocsaephan

kaocsaephan Member

This is a GREAT article that says everything that's on (most) people's mind. I almost touched myself while reading.

The Rockets should IMPOSE Yao onto other teams. I swear when I see Von or Brooks try to find Yao, sometimes I think they hope he turns it over, giving them an excuse to ignore him for the next 6 minutes and chuck the ball from 30 ft.

YAO is the guy. I want him to have 25 shots, even at the cost of 8 turnovers. It's better than Ron Artest shooting from 30 feet with his eyes closed, legs tied, and leaning at a 90 degree angle.

6. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

Dude you can't blame Yao for some of the bad catches since some of the passes he gets are pretty pathetic and lazy

7. RocketsBearFan

The team isn't committed to getting him the ball, plain and simple. It starts with Adelman and ends with Brooks. For a guy so inept at entry passes, I doubt that Brooks practices them at all.

8. killer instinct

People want to see him fail because he has proved them all WRONG!

He gets the blame and when the basket is wide open for Von Wafer dunks and AB gets wide open shots he will never get the praise.

I'm getting used to it by now. Maybe we all should.

yao does the same thing for his team mates as Kobe and Lebron, he may not take the last shot.......but he can make freethrows unlike Lebron, so..... :)

9. thumbs

thumbs Member

Yao is nitpicked for a lot of things, but this should not be one of them. That said, I wish Yao would improve his hand strength and remember not to hold the ball down low. Both are reasons for Yao getting stripped so frequently. That IMO is Yao's biggest weakness. However, we're very lucky to have Yao on the team.

10. asha101

asha101 Member

If you don't want to pass to Yao because of whatever reason, at least pass to Scola. You don't like the first choice, then go to the second choice. It's that simple.

Yao + Scolandry should shoot minimum 40 shots a game. This rule should be written in stone for Rocket.

11. SuperStar

SuperStar Member

Yao had a ton of chances to lead during his 7 years in Houston. He's just not built for it. His lack of stamina and quickness is his Achilles’ heel.

12. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

He did a great job down the stretch last night.

13. killer instinct

its sad that Artest can't be a leader because he is such a loose cannon that you have to really lose respect for him sometimes and therefore he is some what of a joke and not taken seriously to a large portion of the NBA.

Dream was not a vocal leader either and if someone else has to inspire guys to do their jobs thats just sad.

14. OlajuwonShake34

That being said, Yao has to lead by example just like The Dream did. Our best vocal leader is probably Mutombo.

15. leonking

leonking Rookie

16. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

...the same way he gets the haters?

17. HombreDeHierro

ooooooooo khatri

18. and1it

and1it Member

ow oww ;)

19. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Member

Could'nt agree with you more. Yao is and should be our number 1 scoring option through out the game, especially late in the game. Seem like AB and Ron Ron rather take hard outside shots then look for Yao...... If Yao is not in the game then give it to Scola!!! Yao and Scola have our highest field goal percantage and need the damn ball more often!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Raven

Raven Member

This has been an ongoing issue since Yao was drafted, and I've given up on hoping it will ever change. Nor am I willing to argue against Ron being resigned, since everyone (including Daryl Morey) seems to think it's a great idea, even though there's no alpha player that's capable of keeping him in line.