1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Solomon]Rockets not in the class of NBA's elite

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lady_Di, Mar 11, 2009.

1. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Isn't there some kind of rule against political sigs? Also it would be OBAMAT. Genius.

2. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

If the rockets defense is so stellar, how come they can't hold big leads. The reason is pt guard position. And that position will continue to be exploited.
    I'm just not convinced they can get out of the first round, unless they're playing the blazers or the nuggets.

3. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

that IS the only way we're going to get out of teh first round. and i'm optimistic we'll be facing denver or portland if we get the 2/3 seed.

4. MD_in_Training

What are the elite teams in the league right now? Celtics, Cavs, Lakers, Orlando, and the Spurs?
    Honestly, we're as good if not better than the Cavs, Magic, and the Spurs. The only teams that would tear us up in a 7 game series are the Lakers and the Celtics.

5. EbolaScola

EbolaScola Member

Chronicle sports writers are complete crap. I still have no idea how Franny Blindberry got his own blog for NBA.com.

6. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I think the Rockets blow big leads for one of 2 reasons:

1) They coast against an inferior team (most likely)

2) Fatigue catches up to them on the road on the 2nd night of a back to back (Denver)

In the playoffs, teams don't play back to backs, so for the most part, the energy and urgency will be there esp in the 4th quarter. The Rockets blowing leads have been more about their own doing than the opponents suddenly becoming an unstoppable force.

7. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

How would they "tear" up the Rockets in a 7 game series exactly? You're letting the regular season records distort your views about the Rockets. The Rockets are very capable of beating the Lakers or Celtics in a 7 game series.

8. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

I am going to remember this thread and I will get back with you.

9. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Everyone is starting to overlook the Blazers. I think they are going to surprise a lot of people in the playoffs.

10. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Are you anticipating an "I told you so moment" in the near future or are you genuinely accepting my opinion? Kinda hard to tell in text....

11. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The team got better once McGrady was gone. No doubt about that. There is, however, a debate about whether or not the team would be better if it had McGrady at 100% but that is being covered in the other thread.

Regarding Alston, I don't think anyone can argue that the team is not better with him gone and Brooks and Lowry running the team.

No offense to Jerome but if you're going to tell us the team is better but not for the obvious reasons then please tell us the real reasons. It isn't just the schedule either. This team had forged an identity around losing to bad teams earlier in the season. I seriously doubt it's Ron or Shane just feeling better all of the sudden either. Guys don't just get healthy at the exact same time 40% of the starting lineup is removed and replaced on the roster. A major chemistry issue was solved and the solution was not health or an easy schedule. Watch the games and you will understand. Isn't that your job anyway?

I know you're a contrarian, Jerome but arguing against common sense is dumb.

12. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

All I know is that when people write articles or blogs or whatever, and they separate every sentence as though it is a paragraph, I find it hard to stay interested long enough to read.

13. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

I know what you mean.

The dude does it all the time.

He writes every thought as if its a new paragraph, not realizing its all connected and should be together.

You would think a professional journalist would know better.

I guess not.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Solomon is crap. He's like the writer version of Clyde Drexler, except that Clyde actually did something for this team, while Solomon just sits in his blog and types whatever he's thinking of at the moment, hits spellcheck and then sends it out.

AB-Lowry not an improvement or a very slight improvement over Alston-AB? Whatever dude :rolleyes:

15. alcatrazpsycho

A hyphen could fix that... :p

16. northeastfan

northeastfan Member

Elite? No.

But I like the make up of the team right now. They hustle and they care. That's better than an "elite" player who was playing for us.

17. HookemHorns1250

"A Rockets win tonight would not be a surprise, but it wouldn't mean the Rockets can play with the big boys."

I don't understand this quote..so what if we lose it's because we suck, but if we win its' because we got lucky? :confused:

18. Ari

Ari Member

And the "NBA's elite" club is exactly what? Umm...two teams?! (Celtics and Lakers)

I concur with Solomon, but it is not like the NBA has any more "great" teams per se. There is depth in the league now but there is no longer quality depth that could compare to teams of the great eras.

And don't tell me the Magic and Cavs are "elite", I guarantee you they are not. Don't be fooled by their inflated regular season records.

19. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

Do you still think they can get to the WCF now? I knew I would get back to you. The only chance the rockets have in getting out of the first round is against the blazers or the nuggets. And that's not going to happen. The rockets will finish no better than a sixth seed.

20. Artesticles

Artesticles Member

Solomon is once again correct. Do we need anymore proof? We're a very good team, but we're not elite. Elite teams win this game.