1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Solomon...Morey's plan is genius!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Jul 6, 2012.

1. jdjd

jdjd Member

WTF?? Smoothie king what's in your smoothie? You seriously must have some personal issues with Durant because your arguments against him are borderline insane. Let's just leave it at that.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If he is such a genius, Riley is a bum for having a plan of
    Bron,Wade,Bosh,Allen,Miller,Battier......

3. typhooonn

typhooonn Member

Solomon said that because he himself was stupid :rolleyes:

4. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

Exactly.

I spent half an hour searching google yesterday to see if I could find a way to just block one columnist from a website... no luck. WTF is that guy's problem?

5. MONON

MONON Member

I stopped watching the finals after game 2; because of the fouls that weren't called on Miami, especially the LBJ's non-call on Durant's miss from the corner to tie with less than a minute to go. So I agree with you there. However, your reasons for berating Durant are so far into left field that they're not even in the same ball park, especially when you say that Durant & Scola are the same players. Durant is a wing with ball handling skills & a 3 pt shot. Scola's an inside player with good shot to 18 ft & I shudder when I see him dribble the ball.

6. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

His dribble drive ability didn't necessarily carry the Thunder throughout the playoffs or in other words his dribble drive ability didn't dominate the game as did Westbrooks' dribble drive ability, therefore, Durant's dribble drive ability makes him versatile but his dribble drive speed it's necessarily a game changer like Westbrook's dribble drive speed.

In other words, there are certain, limited match-ups that make his dribble drives a good option.

I'll put it this way, Durant's dribble drives worked against every one else except the Heat.

7. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

*CORRECTION*

8. Danbury

Danbury Member

We would not be mortgaging any future by trading any or all of the draft picks from the last 3 years. Young prospects are unproven commodities that may or may not turn out to be solid NBA players. I'd say chances are that one of the 3 1st rounders this year will end up being a starter somewhere in the league...that is not a recipe for a championship contender. Besides, we have a plethora of young prospects, Morey has to get rid of some of them, why not shake things up in doing so?

I for one would welcome the Dwight Drama Howard, even if it ends up being for one year. The potential reward for such a move is MUCH higher than the potential risk.

9. rock34

rock34 Member

I wouldn't necessarily say that Morey is a genius. I do want to point out that I am not a Morey hater but I am not a Morey lover either. I would desperately like to see Morey succeed because I am a Rockets fan.

Establishing that, I will say that I do admire the unconventional and creative approach that Morey is using to rebuild the team. He is a pioneer is his thinking and as a result is taking heavy criticism, as is fair. I am willing to be a little patient before making judgement, but eventually there has to be results. I think Morey has done a great job at keeping the Rockets with many options and ready to strike when that big deal comes around but, if he doesn't eventually deliver on the big one then it will all be a failure.

Eventually, results are what determine success. In my opinion, this is year two for Morey in his rebuilding phase and I am willing to be patient but I don't know how long my patience will last. Like I said, I need to see good results!!!

10. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

Morey knows there is a new cap space and luxury tax. It's kind of intimidating seeing all this top players has offers and some just did a sign/trade deals with different teams, except for Lin accepting an offer and your team loading up with 8 PF. But in reality Morey is keeping an eye on D Howard knowing now we got the money to offer him in a very lucrative offer that Howard himself can not refuse! I really think that Howard is a Rocketman before the season starts! Morey! don't let us down!

11. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

^ Howrd is gonna need to money to pay all of his babies mothers

12. Corpusfan

Corpusfan Member

What an annoying, arrogant article. The pursuit of Howard is a waste. The idea that he could be convinced to re-sign here is the ultimate in wishful thinking. The team is hemorraghing hard-won talent, squandering good players who have potential to become even better. I really hope Morey has more of a plan than this Howard thing, because it seems doomed to fail. If "successful," we'd get one teasing year, followed by heartbreak and endless comments to the effect of "well, it was worth the risk." Fortunately, most of the big moves that actually happen (Nash to Lakers) aren't predicted in the media, or here, so I'm hopeful that he's working on other deals that aren't on anyone's radar.