1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Solomon...Morey's plan is genius!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Jul 6, 2012.

1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Westbrook had 43 points in game 4; he's the reason OKC came back and only lost by a few points.

2. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Dont get me wrong the dude is a beast.I just think that Durant is so mature for his age.People compare their basketball iq's because they are on the same team and the same age.Durant is a once in a lifetime player but no doubt westbrook will get better.

3. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Truth be told, Lowry did alot of dirty work and sacrificing his body to get to the line, but that's his calling card so the second he started to "act-soft" by milking the injury then Morey took that as "Lowry acting out of character" therefore Lowry became expendable.

4. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Did you see game 4 where Westbrook dropped 43 in the game and he dropped 43 points without making any three-pointers and shooting over 50% from the field.

Westbrook left it all out there in the finals. I actually feel that Durant held back a little bit, but then again he was in foul trouble more than half of the time anyway.

If the thunder are lucky they'll get back to the finals where Durant can play a little better.

5. liveguy

liveguy Member

Exactly right!

Dude went from Pit Bull to Poodle.

You gotta suck it up and play ball, man....

He chose to sulk....hence he folded under pressure...and because of that...he out.

6. Asian Sensation

I can't believe you guys are having a serious debate with a guy that thinks Kevin Durant and Luis Scola are equals.

1 person likes this.
  7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Hahaha. My thoughts exactly while reading this. I feel like its his 'schtick'.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

With stars this stupid I think we convince Howard to stay by signing Drexler off the TV

9. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Durant aint shiz without Westbrook. Did Durant take over any games in the finals? No because he was in foul trouble most of the time.

So yeah he and Scola are basically the same player.

People see Durant drive and make one or two spectacular plays or a dunk here or there, but Durant dribble driving is like those Trevor ARiza dribble driving that he did back when he was here. The ball most likely gets stolen.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Alright, you're not funny anymore. Stop embarrassing yourself.

11. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Yeah I mean when you are a second-rate player and you aren't highly touted or you are not a lottery pick, then you have be a pit-bull 100% of time.

Lowry had to fight his way to the top from the bottom with grit and dirty work so that's who he is, so anything other than that is outside of his character.

12. HorneR

HorneR Member

I'd trade 12 Luis Scola's and my left nut for Kevin Durant. They aren't and never will be in the same league. They aren't "basically the same player" just because you make a couple of ridiculous comparisons.

Quit judging based on random criterion, and actually stop to logically think about what you're saying.

13. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

if we get noel hes a future star center.thats a lot different than irving.

14. teebone21

teebone21 Member

Moreys plan is gonna fail. Dwight is going to the nets because they are basically trying to force the trade even though nets are giving up garbage and low draft picks. All the allstar players will basically be on teams with each other this coming season leaving the rockets to fight for lottery position because we wont be winning a ring in the next 6 years

15. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

What happened at UT in the NCAAs when the other team shut down augustine?

Durant folded and he couldn't carry a team. Bottom line, Durant still needs to develop his game, but the problem is he is a wing player.

16. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

We could possibly have two top ten picks next year.add that with the dope rookies we just got and we are back.i just hope we dont trade it all to get howard for one year.

17. cheaterwon

cheaterwon Member

Morey is a genius and the way he structured that pick we got for lowery is absolutely insane and will change the way future picks are conveyed from now on I bet. Protection for both sides instead of just for the side that is giving the pick especially when he is receiving the pick. If you cant see the brilliance in that I don't know what to tell you. Except that your third grade teacher is crying some where thinking about you.

1 person likes this.
  18. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

Dont worry. We will most definitely trade all of our young prospects for a one year rental. That's just how we roll in Rocket land.

19. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

:rolleyes: mortgage the future

20. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

I don't read the Chron sports writers, but is this really what we've been reduced to in Houston? Really? A lame rip off of the Skip Bayless School of Journalism? The original is ****ty enough already. Now everyone thinks this can make them rich.