1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Solomon...Morey's plan is genius!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by IzakDavid13, Jul 6, 2012.

1. BowlingBaller

BowlingBaller Member

Technically wouldn't a bench player be the most consistent? So Juwan Howard is the superstar for the Heat. I could see that...

2. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

*consistently carries a team* with production

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Aaron Brooks flirts with stardom (remember the L.A. playoff game, remember the stretch when he and Kmart were getting 30 pts. per game, each?). What happens? Traded for a bench player who flirts with stardom after Lowry goes down. What happens to him? Walks! Remember when Lowry was a bench player on another team? Remember when he couldn't shoot? Remember when he started to play like an all star? What happens? Traded for a bag of chips. Is there a pattern here? Are we developing players for other teams? Have we become a "farm team" steadily sending players up to the majors? Is this the genius plan that Solomon is talking about?

1 person likes this.
  4. onreego

onreego Member

Solomon is an idiot but makes a great point here.

5. FranchiseReDeux

I want whatever you're smoking.

Lowry is a good player, but I'd rather have any of those two players over him - especially Westbrook.

While Westbrook is a bit inconsistent, he's learning to play in a more team oriented offense AND is a way better off the dribble shooter.

That aside, I agree with Solomon on this one. Lottery picks way more valuable than Lowry is, especially in a trade scenario, so for those of you that don't get it umm.... I don't know what to say. Either way we're not going to be good this year unless we land someone big, and clearly the team that we did have wasn't cutting it.

6. FR0497

FR0497 Member

This post is even more turrible than Soloman.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You are an idiot if at any point in time you have believed that Lowry is even remotely close to Westbrook or is even better than him as you so claim.

8. Mariachi ROCKET

Today is 6 no??? LOL

9. FranchiseReDeux

I like that we often agree.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

blowing up a team that can't make the playoffs isn't genius, and doesn't call for the GM to be praised, its normal.

on the other hand, it isn't stupid, and doesn't call for the GM to be fired. again, if you consistently miss the playoffs, blow it up. go into the season with a sad looking roster and rebuild.

11. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Westbrook took way too many off the dribble shots which wasn't his game.

Lowry knows his game and the team was rolling when he was a play maker and living at the free throw line.

Lowry gave the team a legitamate offensive identity which disappearred late in the 2012 playoff once dragic took over.

12. RedRedemption

Yeah? And the OKC Thunder went to the finals.
    Completely nonsensical logic here.

13. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

That's called public relations or making it look good on the outside.

14. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Stopped reading there :rolleyes:

15. RedRedemption

Yeah, he comes off as a huge douchebag.

16. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

It was a magical run due to good coaching.

I give Scottie brooks all the credit for managing the team. If McHale was half the coach Scottie brooks was, we'd be alot further than we are today.

He had different people step up for him every series. The first two rounds, they just steam-rolled their opponents.

The WCF he had safalosha stepping up, harden stepping up, and Durant and Westbrook both carrying the load.

17. gah

gah Member

:eek:

18. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

So you think Scola is a super star :eek:

Jordan, Dream, Shaq, LeBron are superstars. I like Scola but if he but he is clearly not in that category.

19. RedRedemption

Magical run my ass.
    They were a talented team.
    Had Harden not choked in the finals the series would have gone to seven games.

20. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I thought it was called not settling for poor play or an annual visit to the lottery or something like that. So in your oppinion you never blow up a team regardless how bad they play? Every team in the league has a superstar because a superstar is just your most consistent player? SMH :(