1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Solomon: 'Enough is enough,' and Texans should fire Kubiak

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Uprising, Dec 6, 2010.

1. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

he's not 1/2 as clueless as he must think people who listen to his explanations are

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

I wouldn't say clueless; he was trying to protect his player. I think it's pretty obvious Wilson is the one that failed to execute................... in a scheme that never should have been employed.

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

That 1/2 yard would have only tied the game (providing the extra point was successful).

4. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

This is on the money.

CBs have to have serious technique, study receiver tendencies to anticipate breaks, and have great closing speed to recover out of a break. Safeties are all about range, positioning, and how quickly they can break on the ball. Wilson is a fairly smart safety with good instincts, but his range is poor at this point and he has struggled making plays.

We all know Pollard is hit first, cover second. Nolan has the makings...but needs more time on the field.

Man Cover 2 is a decent package for regular play during the game. To call it in that situation puts ridiculous pressure on your safeties...and we don't have the right people back there to have faith in it.

I said it that week, if I were to draw up a scheme for that, I would have:

Anderson-Smith-Ogunleye-Williams rushing up front
    Jackson and Quin given strict sideline responsibility
    Cushing opposite Keller with midfield zone responsibility
    Pollard playing up, spying for RB release with midfield responsibility
    Cushing or Pollard available for blitz, depending on what you see
    Nolan, Wilson, McCain (or Barber) playing 3 deep

Even if they move up the field 15 yards at a time, they've got to punch it in once they're in the red zone with a short field, no time left, and unable to run the ball...that's an incredibly tough task.

#164 emjohn, Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  5. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

5-11 is within reach!

6. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

if they don't fire kubiak because of the lockout, i hope the lockout lasts 8 years. ****in' p*****s anyone who thinks that way.

7. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I wonder if it is possible that the Denver Brass, Kubiak, and McNair all get together and decide to let him out of his contract and go to the Broncos, no harm, no foul.

Of course, this would all hinge on McNair having arranged for Cowher to assume the position once Gary "resigns/leaves".

It would seem to save face for all involved.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Before I cam home for Christmas, I was listening to local sports radio in Denver and they all were happy about the possibility of getting Kubiak, they all lover him over there.

9. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This is stolen from hsf09's sig:

Kubiak's overall record 36-41
    9-19 division record
    8-22 record vs winning teams :eek:
    2-3 record in season openers
    1-4 record after bye week
    5-7 record for 4 years in a row

I honestly can't believe there are people here advocating keeping him for another year - even in a reduced role. Just the 8-22 record against winning teams alone is reason enough to totally clean house. I don't care how much you over-analyze that stat, that's just disgraceful.

The only numbers Kubiak should be judged on are wins and losses. Period. And those numbers speak for themselves.

EDIT: The 1-4 record after the bye week is pretty telling as well....

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

fify to show that the next coach could have even worse records than the ones cited. gotta keep kubiak just in case man.

11. david12sfa

david12sfa Member

Think the only way he gets fired is if the Texans lose against Tenn and Denver.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Nope.

We're on the right track. I mean, have you seen all the comebacks we've had this year? I know we havent won all them but have you seen the comebacks? The way those kids are battlin' back, that's impressive. Even fellow owners said they were impressed by their comebacks and have also told me we're on the right track.

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

The more I read it aloud, the more Bob McNair sounds like Michael Scott.

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

The more I think about it, more I talk about it, more I write about it.....makes me sick. Perhaps I should stop talking about it but....heh still cant believe it.

15. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Don't fire Kubiak, yet. Wait untill we are in Denver playing the Broncos, and then fire his ass. Dump him off where he came from because I hear they would really like to have him in Denver.

16. Mr. Space City