1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SOCIAL MEDIA] Pearland sushi restaurant gets blasted

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TMac'n, May 11, 2016.

1. Nook

Nook Member

Not a big ****ing deal. He dressed and cleaned a hog (which tastes wonderful).

Who cares?

2. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

So Shaggydog is really dead?

3. hvic

hvic Member

He probably put it in the pot from the first picture. I ate there a while back and the food needs improvement. Maybe they are better with land protein then water protein

4. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

According to ABC 13, the owner is "taking legal action" against the kid who posted the pictures

<iframe width="476" height="267" src="http://abc13.com/video/embed/?pid=1334470" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also love how the news anchor says "....and there was blood everywhere.." What a tool

5. hvic

hvic Member

He should know better butchering the hog in an alley. His restaurant is in Pearland, not chinatown lol

6. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Don't worry about it at all -- it's entertaining and is a perfect Hangout thread.

I just was saying I doubt very much that any of that hog ever made it to the food they serve. They probably are saving fresh hog for their own families. I would.

7. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

My father in law regularly butchers goats and hogs in his back yard. Good eatin if you ask me.

8. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Quoted for hoof

1 person likes this.
  9. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

I don't see how they can press charges. It was a photo publicly he took of the owner gutting a hog. It wasn't doctored or anything. Anywho sounds like the owner is being honest and hopes he learn from it.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Slander is a crime. Trespassing on private property could also be an issue here.

11. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I'll eat hogs, deer, and other wild game regularly. But I wouldn't want just "some hog" butchered in the alley thrown on my plate. The assumption I guess is all food in and around the restaurant is for customers. Doesn't seem like a huge jump.

I mean, if you guys saw people at Pappas BBQ bring in a whole hog, skin it outside and slice up the ribs and throw them on the grill, you'd just be like "give me to racks of those please!"

People have to go through the licensed vendors for a reason.

12. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

what did he say that was slander? and the back of the business isn't private. a lot of the times, it's roadway to another road, which is the case at my business.

13. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Oh boy you are in for a surprise about you're food and where it comes from. i hope you wash your veggies because the amount of **** on them will make you gag.

Wanna know how they make hotdogs next city slicker?

14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I doubt that hog will ever end up on your plate, why would a sushi place serve hog meat anyway. I believe him, it's 99% for his own consumption.

he probably wanted to cook it at his restaurant instead of at home, which makes sense.

15. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

And then did what with it? Brought the potentially contaminated meat into the kitchen to store with the meat he intended to serve? Is there a guarantee that the blood all over the pavement didn't get tracked inside?

It is a big deal because, while the owner likely wasn't intentionally trying to serve contaminated products, he introduced something that could have caused a lot of problems.

16. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

How does this qualify for slander or trespassing? People drive around the back of shopping centers all of the time. I doubt he was doing it for the sole purpose of catching this on camera. And what did he lie about? They were butchering a hog illegally outside of their restaurant. What would you think they were doing?

Do people really think this is ok? I get that people process their hogs at home all of the time. But that meat isn't meant for public consumption nor are you cooking for many people on a daily basis.

It's Sushi & Steak. Not out of the realm of possibility that they serve pork.

17. CCorn

CCorn Member

People want farm to table, and now they want to b****.

1 person likes this.
  18. TMac'n

Is butchering a hog outside really illegal if it was for personal consumption? I understand it was on the premise of the building, but I don't think what he did was illegal unless there was something in his property lease that prohibits him to do so.

Like HRDept stated, his father in law butchers his hogs in his backyard. Is that illegal?

19. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

It's probably a health code violation if he's serving food in his backyard to customers.

20. TMac'n

According to restaurant owner, the Health Department (who went to the restaurant immediately after pictures were out) found no traces of the hog had been served to customers.