1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So you Like Melo? I dont think he fits here either.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Chamillionaire

Stopped watching at TJ Warren. Please.

This is the perfect roster for Melo to be on. The only thing that worries me is against the Warriors pnr. So I guess having other wings like Bazemore and Ennis would help.

#61 Chamillionaire, Aug 1, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2018
  2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Taking suggestions on a possible Melo thread. I already have the title as "marshMELO" now I just need some unoriginal hot takes regarding his signing. I'm torn between saying he will disrupt team chemistry by refusing to come off the bench or saying there is no harm in signing him to a vet min. What do you guys think?

3. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

That depends - does Carmelo feel he’s ready to do that? Only he knows if that’s the case or not, more so than the coaches. Need to run it by him prior to drawing up a play like that.

4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you need to change your clutchfans user name first to include "melo" somewhere in it. Roslolimelo . . . or Melolian . . . . probably would look better also if you hyphenate it, something like clutch-city_RosloMelo ;)

roslolian likes this.
  5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Neither. What is important is that he stfu and adjusts his game and role to what the team needs. Winning at this point in his career should be more important than his pride and ego.

coachbadlee likes this.
  6. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

You didn't answer the question.

Is it that hard you follow directions.

And let me ask you another.

Do you not think the Rockets discussed this with Melo already?

So why are you letting the media dictate your opinion.

And why are you so damn upset?

7. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Anti-Melo crowd- "Melo should do what the team says"

Likely reality- *Rockets want Melo to start and a play a big role*

Anti-Melo crowd- "No not that"

Y'all want Melo to do what Y'ALL want him to do truthfully and it pains you guys that you have no control.

bmelo likes this.
  8. bmelo

bmelo Member

If CP wants him I want him it really is that simple

9. Aloe

Aloe Contributing Member

It seems to me that 99% of all the sports talking heads don't want Carmelo to become a Rocket not because they are afraid he will hurt the team but they are afraid he will actually help the team and then they lose a narrative that they love to promote so much Carmelo he loser.

csj likes this.
  10. chenjy9

Supporting Member

It has nothing to do with following instructions, but rather my complete refusal to participate in an asinine game of binary choice that you are trying to force upon people. Here is a pro-tip: there will always be more than 2 choices available in life. You might not understand this concept now, but as you grow up and hopefully become wider, you will.

I really don’t care what Melo has talked about with who. At the end of the day, talk is cheap. Will he shut up and adjust or will he continue to try and prove he is not done? That’s all that matters to me. If he helps the team best starting, then awesome. If he helps the team more coming off the bench, that’s what I want to see. What I don’t want to here or read is him talking about stuff he doesn’t want to do before he even signs on a team. At this point of his career, he needs to do whatever the hell we need him to do.

It’s cute that you think I am upset. My reaction to all this Melo nonsense can be signed up as “meh”. I am actually even slightly optimistic as he can’t be any worse than Ryno was for us last season, but I am quite honestly not expecting too much from him.

11. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

If its a "binary choice" why is everyone except Morey, MDA, Melo, Paul, etc... making a big deal about it.

How many Melo come off the bench segments does ESPN need.

"If he helps the team best starting, then awesome. If he helps the team more coming off the bench, that’s what I want to see."- okay so just wait and see how it works out but we won't know until the season starts.

"What I don’t want to here or read is him talking about stuff he doesn’t want to do before he even signs on a team"- Melo can say what he wants and if the Rockets disagree they don't have to sign him. It's really simple.

"It’s cute that you think I am upset. My reaction to all this Melo nonsense can be signed up as “meh” you just wrote like 3 paragraphs, far from meh

12. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

if morey wants him then i want him. But this could be a ty lawson scenerio.

13. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

So, you're in favor of leaving a gaping scoring hole, which is what cost us (besides the refs) the win against G.S.?

14. chenjy9

Supporting Member

- Should probably take that advice to heart. I have said very little about Melo this offseason.
    - Melo saying what he wants is what makes most people think he's a washed up diva.
    - Quantity represents emotional level now? Well that's a new degree of stupidity from you. My longer post was the result of me attempting to take your "discussion" seriously. Clearly I have overestimated you.

15. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

6,512. The standard number for meaningless discussions that generate controversy. Which, btw, is what almost all of their segments are. The count triples if it concerns LeBron in any way, real or imagined.

Yep, but 'wait and see' doesn't fill up their segment slots, hence see above.

This is all just posturing. Some may not like the posture, but it means nothing until we see what actually happens. He either starts or he doesn't. If he does start, then we get to see how that goes. Same for if he doesn't start.

Oh...this is all assuming he actually signs with the Rockets, which hasn't happened yet. Making the conversation even more moot.
    I tend to pay absolutely no attention to the talking heads (because they're just trying to fill up slots, and drum up controversy), and little attention to what they players say. It's what they DO that matters.

H-Town Melo likes this.
  16. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Is it not we like Melo when he was the 20 mil player Melo.

We like Melo because he's the 2.4 mil Melo.

17. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

We are not responsible for what others think.

Your emotions level are 9000

18. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

I don't even see it, Ty Lawson had demons. Melo wants to score.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I can like him even when he is not a fit. He is an aite dude.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fat Melo.jpg

BigDog63 and daywalker02 like this.