1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So you Like Melo? I dont think he fits here either.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Jul 31, 2018.

1. LUK3

LUK3 Member

Oh boy, here we go again.

2. Le$$

Le$$ Member

LoL Is this not what he tryed to do for his other buddy Westbrook, and that whole team got flush down the drain with bad chemistry and everything went south. Look how good OKC will be once melo is away from there, they will be winning again in no time. Every team Melo goes to there is big commotion because people think they are getting a Olympian, but all this **** has really died since 2015, along with his career.

Now its 2018 and people think they are getting a Olympian, hes a washed up star, maybe a role player like Igudola that should be coming off the bench trying to help good teams win. smh.

TheFreak and Madmanmetz like this.
  3. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Answer the question.

Which do you prefer?

4. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Oh, my bad, I didn't see where that was implied in a very bold statement. ;)

He's on these segments because of the opposite of what you said: there are no other players publicly refusing to play a 6th man role.

TheFreak and H-Town Melo like this.
  5. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Every time Westbrook is mentioned I think of this

[​IMG]

or this

[​IMG]

Lawlruschang likes this.
  6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Except for every other bench player in the league. Great point.

7. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Pessimism is contagious. You guys are bringing terrible vibes to the team man.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  8. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

You also missed the point of the post.

I don't see a single segment on ESPN or FS1 about anyone other player having to come off the bench.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Nobody else is such a diva as to publicly state he won't come off the bench.

Madmanmetz likes this.
  10. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

Who else has been asked that besides him?

#Checkmate

18pbr and Lawlruschang like this.
  11. H-Town Melo

H-Town Melo Member

No one asked Rondo to come off the bench in LA.

Instead its an "open competition"

But not for Melo, he can't even compete for the spot.

Cant wait for Morey and MDA to put this to rest. I personally don't care if he starts or not just tired of hearing about it every day.

18pbr and MonteMelo like this.
  12. lionaire

lionaire Member

-Defensive replacement
    -Batum

Choose one

hajkov likes this.
  13. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

You don't like it?
    Stu doesn't like it?
    I absolutely do not care.

It's vet min! How can people be so idiotic (I'm not trying to offend you, OP, I'm just pissed about how the media gets a riskless move and keep writing soap operas out of it.). Didn't fit? Trade.
    Caused problems in the team? Waive.

I also dislike Carmelo cockiness, but hey, he is an recurring all-star and that is what? A top 10~15% tier of players? Give him a shot. He never had two actual superstars with him. He had frigging Westbrook with him.

Stop creating Carmelo threads. Just stop.

Btw, I like this signing the same I dislike CP3s new contract: a lot!

14. mockster

mockster Member

1. Houston has better players then OKC overall. capela, Tucker, gordon, green and etc.

2. Harden and Paul are more willing passers then Goerge and westbrick.

3. Westbrook makes his offense stale, he is a late seconded dumper abd is inconsistent on hitting open teammates which hurts the rythem of players

4. Regardless if melo hypothetically sucks we will never be like OKC last season were to good in general

5. Melo will fit better in our system, he has guys like Paul who are more then willing to call him out and push him.

6. Our mentality, defense, coaching and will to win is contagious.

7. Melo will come out fresher then last year, jist watch. Worst case scenario he’s being a better more versatile Ryan Anderson but still contributing

8. Chemistry is to strong, we have too many vocal players for him to mess up anything. If anything he will feel like an outcast if he’s tries any crap

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It isn't a requirement here that you reply to every post about Melo. We get your drift.

TheFreak likes this.
  16. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Another melo thread.....

I dont like melo or dislike melo. I'm not sure if he will be a good fit or he won't. Season hasn't started. People can pour over statistics, numbers all they want. It means nothing until play time. What I do know know is he is better than Ryan Anderson ( a guy that couldn't do anything but pump fake and pass) which is a positive.

18pbr and Lawlruschang like this.
  17. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Stu is still pissed over the Francis trade.

18pbr and mockster like this.
  18. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Guys still think melo will not work??

We don’t have to follow the media’s narrative. Sheesh.

mockster, 18pbr and Lawlruschang like this.
  19. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Have people forgotten what Melo looks like when he isn't the only scoring option and has to do everything on the floor? When he actually felt like he had hope to win a title. The last time we saw that was in Denver. Watch him go head to head with Kobe. It was amazing. Maybe Htown Melo can put a few tapes up to remind people. This is the best team Melo has been on in years. He had every right to believe he should start on OKC especially with the roster they had. Yes they could have used a scorer off the bench. Maybe Melo could have filled that void but who on earth was really going to take his starting position? Hell even on the Knicks his only other option was Amare who was busy throwing away his money by doing some stupid hippie crap like bathing in Red Wine. Jason kidd was no longer a kid but a grandfather who beats on women, or raymond felton who never left the Golden Corral all offseason. If Melo needs to come off the Bench, cp3 will make sure that it happens since he vouched to bring in buddy. As of now we have our instant offence with Eric Gordon and Green off the bench. We also have a crater size hole at the 3. We have a player who realizes that it is his very last chance to do anything before the only contract he can get is playing with Ty Lawson and Dmo across the world or vet minimum deals. Ryan Anderson who gets props for a spin move and his one dunk of the year gets paid more to do a whole lot less. Melo is fighting to not only get a contract but not be ridiculed for the rest of his life like people do Tmac. No one wants to go down as TMac. Let the man have a chance to redeem himself and if he is that confident that he can start, let him prove it. We have nothing to lose early in the season. It's like that thing you bought at the Dollar store. If it works Great! If not it was only a Dollar. We didn't even trade to get him. He signed with us for cheap!

Bengchu and 18pbr like this.
  20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He hasn’t signed yet

jojolover and whiskeyred like this.