1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So why did we sign Josh Smith again...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, Dec 28, 2014.

1. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

So just so I'm clear on your position, the guy we signed for basically free who threw up a 21 and 8 in his first game without even practicing with the team - this is the Josh Smith who you're talking about?

2. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Horrible thread

3. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

The knee jerk is real tonight. I must stay away for the night.

4. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Jsmoove the homie fools

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Wow, never ever would have predicted a thread like this after the game.

I'm shocked.

6. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

I don't know what you guys see in josh smith, when he's on the floor that spacing is horrible. And you can tell by james harden body language tonight that didn't like it when smith brought the ball up trying to be the playmaker. I rather trade smith for a pg or a backup center

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

you thought this thread deserves a "well reasoned answer." and yours wasn't by the way.

Figures since you are the champion of Knee Jerk threads so you wouldn't understand how most of us feel about these threads.

8. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I bet you anything the markets pays him 10 mil plus

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Josh Smith is a high level "glue guy" when he has his head on straight-- like a PF version of Andre Iguodala-- very good defender/hustle guy, can do some scoring/passing on offense but you don't want to rely on him.

The key is to keep the proportion of his "full r****d" games to a low level and he'll be very much a net positive-- but these games are gonna be there.

10. The Law

The Law Member

People seem to forget the horrible sight that is Terrence Jones shooting 3s...he was trying to facilitate, it happens. You ready to quit on Beard for his 9 TOs as well??

Clutchfans after losses is full of LULZ

11. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Another stupid thread...

Man I wish the Crew would start taking away thread rights from crap like this...

T_Man

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well a couple things.

1. Not every team will be as smart as the Spurs were and lag off of Smith every time he's more than 10 feet from the basket.

2. You can't trade Smith.

13. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Kneejerk is kneejerk.

14. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

I'm guessing we'll have a new Anti-Smith thread after every loss until he's gone.

At which point, we'll look back with calmer heads and say, "Man, he's sure as heck better than Dorsey and Black."

Yes, he had 2 bad turnovers and missed a few jumpers...but he also blocked two shots cleanly that were called fouls (horrible calls), rebounded well, led the break a few times and made good passes to open players, and had a nice high-low sequence with Dwight. If Tarik Black had Smith's game tonight, we wouldn't have said a word about him.

We can't confuse a disdain with Smith with the bigger issue: why we aren't using DMO on post-ups as often.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not my thread HP - and you are in it as well - let's not get into a personal debate in this thread.

DD

16. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

Harden 9 TO's, Bev missed 3's, bad officiating, too many TO's against the defending champs... I can go on.

This game wasn't just on Smith, but the team as a whole. And we still had a chance to win the game. Not worried and you fans need to stop kneejerking. It's getting annoying.

17. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

This is his second game as a Rocket so relax.

[​IMG]

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, I can't believe some of these threads... I have watched enough basketball to tell you that if you think DMo/Jones is enough to win in the West then I think you need to watch more basketball...

As already stated Smith was a steal at a low risk contract and it gives us a shot if it works out as a true 3rd option. Hell after longing for another Rocket run in the playoffs, you just have to make moves like this because the window is so small/short in this league unless your team is named the Spurs/Lakers. Especially with how FA works now, this isn't like we're watching those old Celtics teams where players stayed forever. You make a move and go forward or you sit watching other teams during the playoffs. I don't know about you guys but I'm tired of going home in the first round. And 2007 was the first time we got out of the first round since 97... I mean just look at 96, swept out of first round to making it to WCF in 97, then the Rockets never got another shot after that.

Tl;Dr we don't have a lot to lose, unless you only like watching regular season basketball.

19. CertifiedTroll

Man why did we trade NOP pick for this guy. No way he deserves a Dorsey level contract.

20. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Lol, [​IMG]